Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LaMichael James Wants Out - RIP 2012 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
struby3


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 3809
Location: Iowa City
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
struby3 wrote:
LMJ is a classic case of a guy who comes in and thinks he deserves playing time without earning it. He hasn't been a very effective running back at all and he is just a mediocre returnman. Definitely more of a fifth round pick value than a second rounder. Hopefully we could get a fifth or sixth for him.

As they always say, "Don't let the door hit ya in the [MOD EDIT] on the way out."


Shocked Laughing ... is that what they says?


By they, I guess I mean a drunk guy I heard yelling at a benched goalie at a hockey game. Don't tell rudy I was at a hockey game. I only went because I was hammered. I promise.
_________________
And on the eighth day, God created Iowa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try to keep it clean guys.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
struby3


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 3809
Location: Iowa City
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Let's try to keep it clean guys.


I guess I've never thought of that as an unacceptable word. My apologies.
_________________
And on the eighth day, God created Iowa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
struby3


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 3809
Location: Iowa City
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Let's try to keep it clean guys.


I guess I've never thought of that as an unacceptable word. My apologies.
_________________
And on the eighth day, God created Iowa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
struby3


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 3809
Location: Iowa City
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I started a thread in the Iggles forum asking if they would give up anything, given that Philly seems like the most logical fit. The consensus ranges from a seventh rounder to nothing, basically.
_________________
And on the eighth day, God created Iowa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6934
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Let's try to keep it clean guys.


I guess I've never thought of that as an unacceptable word. My apologies.


you missed a golden opportunity to go with the "that's what she said" joke, struby!
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
For the record, I started a thread in the Iggles forum asking if they would give up anything, given that Philly seems like the most logical fit. The consensus ranges from a seventh rounder to nothing, basically.


That tells me Baalke can get a 5th.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13141
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
struby3 wrote:
For the record, I started a thread in the Iggles forum asking if they would give up anything, given that Philly seems like the most logical fit. The consensus ranges from a seventh rounder to nothing, basically.


That tells me Baalke can get a 5th.



And another conditional 6th that turns into a fifth if the Eagles win 8 games.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4305
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
struby3 wrote:
LMJ is a classic case of a guy who comes in and thinks he deserves playing time without earning it. He hasn't been a very effective running back at all and he is just a mediocre returnman. Definitely more of a fifth round pick value than a second rounder. Hopefully we could get a fifth or sixth for him.

As they always say, "Don't let the door hit ya in the [MOD EDIT] on the way out."


Shocked Laughing ... is that what they says?


By they, I guess I mean a drunk guy I heard yelling at a benched goalie at a hockey game. Don't tell rudy I was at a hockey game. I only went because I was hammered. I promise.


Hockey games are great. One of the most fun sports to watch in person IMO. I went to an AVS and Red Wings game earlier this year here in Denver. The environment is awesome, and other than the drunk guy bitching to his girlfriend behind me was probably the best professional game I've been to (Might be a different story if the Niners had won against the Vikes in 2011). If you're ever in the Denver area while there is an AVS game going on I would definitely recommend it. Their new screen is bomb, fans are awesome, and you'll get the chance to taste a $9 beer! What could be better?
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6934
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
struby3 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
struby3 wrote:
LMJ is a classic case of a guy who comes in and thinks he deserves playing time without earning it. He hasn't been a very effective running back at all and he is just a mediocre returnman. Definitely more of a fifth round pick value than a second rounder. Hopefully we could get a fifth or sixth for him.

As they always say, "Don't let the door hit ya in the [MOD EDIT] on the way out."


Shocked Laughing ... is that what they says?


By they, I guess I mean a drunk guy I heard yelling at a benched goalie at a hockey game. Don't tell rudy I was at a hockey game. I only went because I was hammered. I promise.


Hockey games are great. One of the most fun sports to watch in person IMO. I went to an AVS and Red Wings game earlier this year here in Denver. The environment is awesome, and other than the drunk guy bitching to his girlfriend behind me was probably the best professional game I've been to (Might be a different story if the Niners had won against the Vikes in 2011). If you're ever in the Denver area while there is an AVS game going on I would definitely recommend it. Their new screen is bomb, fans are awesome, and you'll get the chance to taste a $9 beer! What could be better?


When I was younger and living in Philadelphia, I was fortunate enough for my Devils to play the Flyers in the playoffs. I got to go to two of those games...it was incredible. Still possibly my all time favorite sporting event live. I've been to other regular season games, and I still prefer hockey over other sports live, and I've been to football and baseball games in both the regular season and playoffs, but nothing will ever beat that environment of playoff hockey growing up in Philadelphia.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13141
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
struby3 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
struby3 wrote:
LMJ is a classic case of a guy who comes in and thinks he deserves playing time without earning it. He hasn't been a very effective running back at all and he is just a mediocre returnman. Definitely more of a fifth round pick value than a second rounder. Hopefully we could get a fifth or sixth for him.

As they always say, "Don't let the door hit ya in the [MOD EDIT] on the way out."


Shocked Laughing ... is that what they says?


By they, I guess I mean a drunk guy I heard yelling at a benched goalie at a hockey game. Don't tell rudy I was at a hockey game. I only went because I was hammered. I promise.


Hockey games are great. One of the most fun sports to watch in person IMO. I went to an AVS and Red Wings game earlier this year here in Denver. The environment is awesome, and other than the drunk guy bitching to his girlfriend behind me was probably the best professional game I've been to (Might be a different story if the Niners had won against the Vikes in 2011). If you're ever in the Denver area while there is an AVS game going on I would definitely recommend it. Their new screen is bomb, fans are awesome, and you'll get the chance to taste a $9 beer! What could be better?


When I was younger and living in Philadelphia, I was fortunate enough for my Devils to play the Flyers in the playoffs. I got to go to two of those games...it was incredible. Still possibly my all time favorite sporting event live. I've been to other regular season games, and I still prefer hockey over other sports live, and I've been to football and baseball games in both the regular season and playoffs, but nothing will ever beat that environment of playoff hockey growing up in Philadelphia.



I went to a game in philadelphia, and the fans are insane. A little on the obnoxious side, but that's philly. They were very passionate. There was this one guy who kept trying to start chants, out of the blue, and it's like we were 20000 people all tacitly agreeing not to join in. He got pretty frustrated, and we were all laughing in my section. I had a good time. And a good hot dog, probably.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6394
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Jerod-Eddie was a really good pickup from 2012, although he was a UDFA.

Hopefully Joe Looney can step into the starting C role or something, just to salvage the draft.

I think James could contribute for us on offense, but his constant complaining is just annoying at this point...not to mention he's told off fans on twitter after bad games. Decent football player but seems like a obnoxious person.
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 13748
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Tony Jerod-Eddie was a really good pickup from 2012, although he was a UDFA.

Hopefully Joe Looney can step into the starting C role or something, just to salvage the draft.

I think James could contribute for us on offense, but his constant complaining is just annoying at this point...not to mention he's told off fans on twitter after bad games. Decent football player but seems like a obnoxious person.


There is no way to salvage that draft at this point. It was a disaster for us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Tony Jerod-Eddie was a really good pickup from 2012, although he was a UDFA.

Hopefully Joe Looney can step into the starting C role or something, just to salvage the draft.

I think James could contribute for us on offense, but his constant complaining is just annoying at this point...not to mention he's told off fans on twitter after bad games. Decent football player but seems like a obnoxious person.


There is no way to salvage that draft at this point. It was a disaster for us.


Seriously. That was Scot McCloughan bad. Granted it was a pretty bad class in all, there should be no excuse that we did not get one quality player.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
757-NINER


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 402
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Tony Jerod-Eddie was a really good pickup from 2012, although he was a UDFA.

Hopefully Joe Looney can step into the starting C role or something, just to salvage the draft.

I think James could contribute for us on offense, but his constant complaining is just annoying at this point...not to mention he's told off fans on twitter after bad games. Decent football player but seems like a obnoxious person.


There is no way to salvage that draft at this point. It was a disaster for us.


Seriously. That was Scot McCloughan bad. Granted it was a pretty bad class in all, there should be no excuse that we did not get one quality player.


Yea, hate to say it but damn, Baalke screwed the pooch on that one. I hope that doesn't mean this year's class will be duds too. That would seem to follow a pattern...great drafts in odd years, bad drafts in even ones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group