Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LaMichael James Wants Out - RIP 2012 Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: LaMichael James Wants Out - RIP 2012 Draft Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaMichaelJames

@LaMichaelJames: I'd rather they just let me go

His value isn't going to be much at all, but maybe we can get something for him. It doesn't bode well that he's struggling on a team that has seemingly has no issues churning out quality RB's.

I absolutely loved the pick when it was made, but quickly hated his attitude. Blaming his fumble on food poisoning was pretty bad, especially after whining about playing time. He also cost us points with that fumble in the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly he was talking about his drivers ed class Laughing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He always has these excuses after too.
What a terrible draft. Damn.

Give him away for a sixth. And we can draft dat in the fourth. He can be what James was supposed but better.
Or go after Herron and he can be the deep threat. Slot wr. And returner. All in one roster spot

new sig... sorry alex
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:

Give him away for a sixth. And we can draft dat in the fourth. He can be what James was supposed but better.
Or go after Herron and he can be the deep threat. Slot wr. And returner. All in one roster spot

I completely forgot about DAT. I remember him being a 1st rounder at one point. I wouldn't mind spending one of our many picks on him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling this was going to happen sooner or later. He just doesn't fit with the 49ers. They have no desire to utilize him with screens and quick passes. He just doesn't fit the style of RB the 49ers like to use.

Trade him on draft day for a low round pick, that's about as best as we could get for him. His departure opens up more opportunities for Lattimore.

1A: Gore
1B: Hunter
2:Lattimore
PS: Hampton

I'd rather bring Dixon back than spend a decent pick on a RB. If we had to draft a RB, I'd say take one in the 5th or 6th after all of the other needs are filled.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dix probably would be happy going elsewhere too. He probably loves the 49ers players and atmosphere... but players want to play. We have a loaded backfield with Gore, Hunter, and now Lattimore. It's nothing personal... only so many carries to go around. I can't blame these guys for wanting to actually be productive.. and I can't blame SF for not being able to give them a substantial role.

In the case of Brandon Jacobs, I can suspect why he was so ticked off. He was probably promised real action, yet was stuck on the sideline. Should still keep his mouth shut, publicly.. just as LMJ should.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never a fan so see ya later lol. We can take a late round flier on someone like wilder to fill out the backfield and maybe draft a wr or cb with return ability. I could easily see us double dipping on either position. One stud and one development guy with good return prowess.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

I completely forgot about DAT. I remember him being a 1st rounder at one point. I wouldn't mind spending one of our many picks on him.

Yeah his speed will probably get him taken in third
But he's not really a RB or wr. He should have stayed a year an worked more out wide and he could have possibly gone 1

new sig... sorry alex
neezy007

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be awesome if we drafted DAT and sent LMJ packing. He has been nothing but a baby since he got to SF. These guys need to look at a player like Dixon instead of whining on twitter. Dixon was on the verge of getting cut but he worked hard and saved his job. He plays ST hard and is willing to learn anything in order to help the team and play. He was here before Kendall and LMJ yet he got stuck behind them on the depth chart and, as far as I know, never complained to the public. He just worked hard, passed LMJ on the depth chart, became a back up FB, returned a few kicks, and became our goal line back as well as being a special teams stand out. There is a reason Dixon is a fan favorite and a baby like LMJ isn't.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely feel his pain. But venting on Twitter is such a [inappropriate/removed] move though. He's a dynamic offensive player, yet we do NOTHING to utilize his skill-set. He's not a natural returner, yet we try to turn him into one. We constantly split him out wide as a decoy and occasionally give him some sweeps, yet we suck at blocking for those. He has every right to be frustrated. Put the kid out of his msiery and trade him for a draft pick. Only thing left to do.
struby3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMJ is a classic case of a guy who comes in and thinks he deserves playing time without earning it. He hasn't been a very effective running back at all and he is just a mediocre returnman. Definitely more of a fifth round pick value than a second rounder. Hopefully we could get a fifth or sixth for him.

As they always say, "Don't let the door hit ya in the [MOD EDIT] on the way out."
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
LMJ is a classic case of a guy who comes in and thinks he deserves playing time without earning it. He hasn't been a very effective running back at all and he is just a mediocre returnman. Definitely more of a fifth round pick value than a second rounder. Hopefully we could get a fifth or sixth for him.

As they always say, "Don't let the door hit ya in the [MOD EDIT] on the way out."

Shocked Laughing ... is that what they says?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
It would be awesome if we drafted DAT and sent LMJ packing. He has been nothing but a baby since he got to SF. These guys need to look at a player like Dixon instead of whining on twitter. Dixon was on the verge of getting cut but he worked hard and saved his job. He plays ST hard and is willing to learn anything in order to help the team and play. He was here before Kendall and LMJ yet he got stuck behind them on the depth chart and, as far as I know, never complained to the public. He just worked hard, passed LMJ on the depth chart, became a back up FB, returned a few kicks, and became our goal line back as well as being a special teams stand out. There is a reason Dixon is a fan favorite and a baby like LMJ isn't.

Hmmmm....guess u missed Dixon complaining about the same excat thing after the Saints game.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Anthony-Dixon-tweets-frustration-4992604.php

Its not about being a baby. These guys are competitors, they want to compete. They want a opportunity to showcase their skills. I don't blame LMJ, Dixon or anybody getting frustrated by a lack of opportunities when you know you are talented. Just don't do it over social media. Sit down with your position coach, JH, Baalke and deal with it like men, not on Twitter.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: LaMichael James Wants Out - RIP 2012 Draft Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LaMichaelJames

@LaMichaelJames: I'd rather they just let me go

His value isn't going to be much at all, but maybe we can get something for him. It doesn't bode well that he's struggling on a team that has seemingly has no issues churning out quality RB's.

I absolutely loved the pick when it was made, but quickly hated his attitude. Blaming his fumble on food poisoning was pretty bad, especially after whining about playing time. He also cost us points with that fumble in the Super Bowl.

At the end of the 2011 season I loved what Harbaugh had done in his first year. As I looked at our team what I thought we needed were "offensive weapons". I thought we needed a good, fast WR, I thought we needed a really fast RB that could be a 3rd down threat for us, and I thought we needed a big bodied TE to make catches in the 5 to 15 yard area. I was thrilled with the James pick, pretty happy with McDonald, and satisfied with Jenkins. Those all seemed to be just what I was imagining we needed.

As disappointed as I am to see Jenkins gone, James probably on his way out, and McDonald producing pretty darn close to nothing his rookie year, I have to say I'm much more worried that the truth of the matter is that our offense does not know how to use a fast WR, a potential 3rd down pass-catching RB, or a TE that doesn't have WR speed. I mean it's been three years of this offense now and I'm just beginning to think it's not the personnel. We had Ginn and never used him. We didn't go deep to Moss nearly as much as I thought we would. We never used Jenkins. We virtually never use James to swing out of the backfield ala a WCO. In fact we hardly ever throw passes to RBs. And we kept trying to throw the same kind of passes McDonald as we used to throw to Walker rather than using him the way other teams use big TEs.

I have no idea if there's any chance Jim and his staff would ever take a realistic, hard, honest look at their offensive approach to see if there are ways it could be improved.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
I had a feeling this was going to happen sooner or later. He just doesn't fit with the 49ers. They have no desire to utilize him with screens and quick passes. He just doesn't fit the style of RB the 49ers like to use.

Trade him on draft day for a low round pick, that's about as best as we could get for him. His departure opens up more opportunities for Lattimore.

1A: Gore
1B: Hunter
2:Lattimore
PS: Hampton

I'd rather bring Dixon back than spend a decent pick on a RB. If we had to draft a RB, I'd say take one in the 5th or 6th after all of the other needs are filled.

I agree, and I think it's a real problem. We just don't have an offense that puts any pressure on defenses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: