Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opperman53

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Vikings Mock Draft Reply with quote

opperman53 wrote:
Cap Space:
$27.7 million in cap space
Release Letroy Guion --- Save 4 million
Release John Carlson --- Save 2 million
Release Erin Henderson ---- Save 2 million
Restructure Chad Greenway -----save 2 million
= $37.7 million in cap space

In Free Agency:

Resign Marcus Sherels, 4 year 4 million/ 1 million per year
Sign Linval Joseph, 5 year 30 million/ 6 million per year
Sign Michael Johnson, 5 year 35 million/ 7 million per year
Sign Captain Munnerlyn, 4 year 22 million/ 5.5 million per year
Sign Michael Vick, 2 year - 6 million/ 3 million per year

37.7 million
-1 million for Scherels
-6 million for Joseph
-7 million for Johnson
-5.5 million for Munnerlyn
-3 milllion for Vick
=15.2 million left over in cap space

I know this is very very unrealistic, but it is a way to spend our money wisely on very good young players who are still in their prime (except micheal vick). The only reason why I would sign micheal vick is because I am not a fan of the quarterbacks this year and would rather use our picks on improving the defense. I would rather pick up a quarterback next year like Mariota from Oregon.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions but please don't be rude with this post. This is just what I dream will happen. Thanks for reading.

I know that the Vikings have a ton of holes to fill and there are many different ways that the Vikings could go in draft. This is just an example of what I think the Vikings should do. I would love to hear some of your comments and questions but please don't be rude about this post. Nobody knows what is going to happen. Also I would also like to hear your dream mock draft for the Vikings. Thanks for reading.

1.8* Vikings trade down from the 8th pick and trades with the Baltimore Ravens at 16 and also picks up their 2nd round pick. The reason why the Ravens will want to trade up is so that they can grab a very good receiver to pair with Torrey Smith. In order to pick a good receiver they need to get ahead of the Bills and Lions who are also in need of a dynamic receiver.

1.16 Vikings select ILB C.J. Mosley, Alabama

I beleive C.J. Mosley will be available here because the teams before this pick have other glaring needs such as OT, DT, and CB. The only team I can see maybe grabbing Mosley is the Giants but I feel like they will go with OL.

1.29* The Vikings trade with the Patriots to move back into the first round by giving up their 8th pick in the second round and thier 32 pick in the third round.

1.29 Vikings select S Calvin Pryor, Louisville
Great Safety who will pair great with Harrison Smith to immediately improve are secondary.

2.16 Vikings select OLB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
I think he will be available here in the mid 2nd round and would be a great pick up for the vikings. I beleive that in the early second there could be a run on DE/DT talend and a run on WR.

3.8 Vikings select G Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State

4.8 Vikings select CB E.J. Gaines, Missouri

5.8 Vikings select DE Josh Mauro,

6.8 Vikings select WR L'Damian Washington, Missouri

7.8 Vikings select OLB Jonathan Brown, Illinois

So overall the Vikings draft looks like:

Tell me your comments.
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock, and welcome to FF. I like some of the guys you selected, namely Pryor, one of Mosley/Shazier (but not both), and Gaines.

Question though... How would you address the QB position? Let it ride with Cassel and select a rookie QB in 2015?
opperman53

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Nice mock, and welcome to FF. I like some of the guys you selected, namely Pryor, one of Mosley/Shazier (but not both), and Gaines.

Question though... How would you address the QB position? Let it ride with Cassel and select a rookie QB in 2015?

Hey, Thank you. I'm just not sold on Carr yet and I don't want to waste a pick in the second or third round on a quarterback who probably won't start this year when we could pick up a CB, LB, or or other defensive player who would start and contribute this year. I would rather just sign someone like Michael Vick for a year to compete with Matt Cassel this year and Draft a QB like Mariota next year.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added your offseason to the draft.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mock, but i still think we can do without Vick. I would rather just ride with Cassel, and maybe bring in a QB plenty later in the draft, possibly in the 4th-5th round range, and basically have the backup spot be a competition between him and Ponder for a year. I still think Mettenberger might be available in the 3rd, and he could still be a better option than a later round QB, and he isn't stopping us from looking at a QB in next years draft in the early rounds. Also, I personally prefer to roll with Griffen over bringing in Johnson. All together though, not a bad offseason, and the only unrealistic part, IMO, would be bringing in Vick, and not taking a QB at any point in the draft.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that draft. I'd stick with Cassel in that scenario.

Welcome to the site.
minnvikes22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job. I love the idea of trading back and getting C.J. Mosley. Also, I agree 100% on drafting another LB as well. I'm working on my offseason and draft, and I also see them taking 2 LB's in the 1st 3 rounds as well..

I would be fine with Cassel as our QB for another year.. Our scored points, we just couldn't stop anyone from scoring.. You would be adding 6 new starters on defense and all 6 guys are very young..

Hands down, the best offseason/draft I've seen so far on hear.. Applause
jshowers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mosley is our guy, I do like the trade back. His junior year was more impressive than senior.

I've read that scouts view him as a mid/late 1st rounder. For a while I've said that he would be a poor value at #8, so I agree with moving back. He's not a Kuechly or Willis prospect, but still projects as a 3-down player and good starter.
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Vikings Mock Draft Reply with quote

opperman53 wrote:
opperman53 wrote:
Cap Space:
$27.7 million in cap space
Release Letroy Guion --- Save 4 million
Release John Carlson --- Save 2 million
Release Erin Henderson ---- Save 2 million
Restructure Chad Greenway -----save 2 million
= $37.7 million in cap space

In Free Agency:

Resign Marcus Sherels, 4 year 4 million/ 1 million per year
Sign Linval Joseph, 5 year 30 million/ 6 million per year
Sign Michael Johnson, 5 year 35 million/ 7 million per year
Sign Captain Munnerlyn, 4 year 22 million/ 5.5 million per year
Sign Michael Vick, 2 year - 6 million/ 3 million per year

37.7 million
-1 million for Scherels
-6 million for Joseph
-7 million for Johnson
-5.5 million for Munnerlyn
-3 milllion for Vick
=15.2 million left over in cap space

I know this is very very unrealistic, but it is a way to spend our money wisely on very good young players who are still in their prime (except micheal vick). The only reason why I would sign micheal vick is because I am not a fan of the quarterbacks this year and would rather use our picks on improving the defense. I would rather pick up a quarterback next year like Mariota from Oregon.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions but please don't be rude with this post. This is just what I dream will happen. Thanks for reading.

I know that the Vikings have a ton of holes to fill and there are many different ways that the Vikings could go in draft. This is just an example of what I think the Vikings should do. I would love to hear some of your comments and questions but please don't be rude about this post. Nobody knows what is going to happen. Also I would also like to hear your dream mock draft for the Vikings. Thanks for reading.

1.8* Vikings trade down from the 8th pick and trades with the Baltimore Ravens at 16 and also picks up their 2nd round pick. The reason why the Ravens will want to trade up is so that they can grab a very good receiver to pair with Torrey Smith. In order to pick a good receiver they need to get ahead of the Bills and Lions who are also in need of a dynamic receiver.

I beleive C.J. Mosley will be available here because the teams before this pick have other glaring needs such as OT, DT, and CB. The only team I can see maybe grabbing Mosley is the Giants but I feel like they will go with OL.

1.29* The Vikings trade with the Patriots to move back into the first round by giving up their 8th pick in the second round and thier 32 pick in the third round.

Great Safety who will pair great with Harrison Smith to immediately improve are secondary.

I think he will be available here in the mid 2nd round and would be a great pick up for the vikings. I beleive that in the early second there could be a run on DE/DT talend and a run on WR.

So overall the Vikings draft looks like:

Tell me your comments.
Nice mock, but don't get your hopes up on drafting an LB, my best guess is that Zimmerman will sign Vinnie Rey.
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Vikings Mock Draft Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:

Tell me your comments.
Nice mock, but don't get your hopes up on drafting an LB, my best guess is that Zimmerman will sign Vinnie Rey.[/quote]

pretty sure Rey is a RFA

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady
Bodysuit Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have Rashede Heggeman OR Jimmy Garrapollo in your mock. You can't be a real Vikings fan on FF without at least one of them. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: