Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Thread: Scouting Reports & Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buddy_z34

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Kony Ealy at all. The numbers he produced while at Mizz is downright awful considering the talent which was with him this an last year. While playing alongside Richardson I would expect better numbers. Hell Jackson Jeffcoat out stated him this year and last. Last year Jeffcoat played in only 6 games and didn't have a player like Richardson alongside him but was yet to outplay Ealy. Maybe I'm reading into the stats a bit too much but I wouldn't draft him in the first nor second round.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Aaron Donald DT
2. Scott Crichton DE
3. Jared Abbrederis WR
4. Chris Smith DE
5. Kenny Ladler FS
6. Kirby Van Der Kamp P
7. Brandon Linder OG
7. Justin Britt OT
7. James White RB (comp)
7. Shamar Stephen DT (comp)

Depth Chart

That completes the mock draft. I'll also pick up some UDFA, cut to 53 players, and fill out the practice squad. What do you guys think?

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
1. Aaron Donald DT
2. Scott Crichton DE
3. Jared Abbrederis WR
4. Chris Smith DE
5. Kenny Ladler FS
6. Kirby Van Der Kamp P
7. Brandon Linder OG
7. Justin Britt OT
7. James White RB (comp)
7. Shamar Stephen DT (comp)

Depth Chart

That completes the mock draft. I'll also pick up some UDFA, cut to 53 players, and fill out the practice squad. What do you guys think?

I'd be shocked if Chris Smith fell to the 4th.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:

Though very intelligent football-wise, Mack seems at times nervous when he is not strictly pass rushing the quarterback or going after the running back.
Dunno where you get this from. His role defensively is to sell out entirely on pass rushing more often than not, and his hesitancy to break from that is based entirely on sticking to his assignment.

When he is asked to do otherwise, he has no problem breaking out to cover a wide angle run or shifting inside to string a ball carrier out wide.

He is one of the best in this draft class when it comes to doing everything at his position. The problem is that he was so rarely asked to do more than rush that the body of work for other things, despite being stellar, is too small for proper gauging. He does however transition very well when forced to break out of his assignment - but you want your players doing this as minimally as possible because there are guys assigned to covering him on the back end as he's assigned to sell out on the rush.

This is what makes Mack the single best defensive player in the draft to me, many others and some scouts as well.

Quote:

Mack is very strong and can push blockers around easily due to staying low at times around the blockers pads.
Dunno where you get this either. He maintains a low pad level when engaging ball carriers and shows great mechanics in his tackling in this regard, but when it comes to pass rushing and engaging pass protection he doesn't utilize a low pad level at all. And nor should he.

Low pad levels against big, long armed offensive tackles will just have you pushed to the ground fairly easily. Unless you're rushing from the inside and trying to slip in between a C and G, you do not want to pass rush with a low pad level. Mack plays on the outside though, so the only time you want guys at that position using a low pad level is when he is trying to generate push and filter the run inside; and you don't ask your best pass rusher to do that if you can avoid him having to.

Unless what you meant is a low center of gravity - then that would make sense. Ideally you do want to have rushers who can bend their knees, arc their back and get a good starting burst and push by mastering this technique. But they still keep their pads up to avoid those long armed tackles from gaining quick leverage and being able to push you directly to the ground.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone cares, I'm doing a twitter mock draft (no trades allowed) and I ended up with Aaron Donald at 16 and Calvin Pryor at 47 so far.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Jin_Jin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
If anyone cares, I'm doing a twitter mock draft (no trades allowed) and I ended up with Aaron Donald at 16 and Calvin Pryor at 47 so far.

That would be a dream come true for me, personally. However the more I think about it, I believe Donald may go as early as 13 to the Rams. Donald is my number one choice for 16, but I'm afraid the 12. Giants, 13. Rams, and 14. Bears are just as interested as we are. As far as Pryor goes, I don't see how he would even fall out of the first round at this point, other than injury..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jin_Jin wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

That would be a dream come true for me, personally. However the more I think about it, I believe Donald may go as early as 13 to the Rams. Donald is my number one choice for 16, but I'm afraid the 12. Giants, 13. Rams, and 14. Bears are just as interested as we are. As far as Pryor goes, I don't see how he would even fall out of the first round at this point, other than injury..

Agreed, no clue how Pryor was available

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jin_Jin wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

I'm not concerned with either the Rams or the Giants taking him so much as I am Chicago. Given the Giants' dire needs at LB and o-line, I think they'll go in one of those directions instead. And St. Louis has much greater needs at o-line and WR than DT. I'd expect them to use both picks on offense this year.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has been able to confirm this for me, but given the defensive coaching staff - isn't likely Chicago is attempting to move to a 34?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
No one has been able to confirm this for me, but given the defensive coaching staff - isn't likely Chicago is attempting to move to a 34?

I've heard the same rumor but haven't had the time to verify it. Have you checked the Bears board to see if they've been talking about it?

Northland wrote:
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I think I remember reading somewhere on Broaddus' twitter that his Bears source says that rumor isn't true FWIW

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I think I remember reading somewhere on Broaddus' twitter that his Bears source says that rumor isn't true FWIW

Bears expected to stick with 4-3

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Jin_Jin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Jin_Jin wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

I'm not concerned with either the Rams or the Giants taking him so much as I am Chicago. Given the Giants' dire needs at LB and o-line, I think they'll go in one of those directions instead. And St. Louis has much greater needs at o-line and WR than DT. I'd expect them to use both picks on offense this year.

I hope you're right. I also hope Chicago falls in love with one of the safeties, even though they typically don't address the S position in early rounds. Maybe even an OL to help protect Cutler and his big deal he received.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jin_Jin wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Jin_Jin wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

I hope you're right. I also hope Chicago falls in love with one of the safeties, even though they typically don't address the S position in early rounds. Maybe even an OL to help protect Cutler and his big deal he received.

So Chicago might take the OT we covet or the DL that we covet. Don't understand everyone's desire to take DL in the 1st when its the deepest position in the draft. Just don't want them to draft for need which has burned them in the past.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Jin_Jin wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Jin_Jin wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

So Chicago might take the OT we covet or the DL that we covet. Don't understand everyone's desire to take DL in the 1st when its the deepest position in the draft. Just don't want them to draft for need which has burned them in the past.

Many of us want d-line in multiple rounds of this draft, not just one. And if there is a blue chip d-lineman available, you take him. Obviously, if the value isn't there, then you should either draft a different position given our additional needs at o-line, S, LB, and WR, or attempt to trade down, accumulate picks, and select another player whom you covet.

Northland wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 12 of 30

Jump to: