Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PackOfLuck Options for 21st Pick??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackOfLuck27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: PackOfLuck Options for 21st Pick?? Reply with quote

I know that a lot will change from now until draft day comes. Based on today's information I tried to determine a few players that might be available and determine their value to the Packers.

Positional needs we currently have for our 1st Round.

Tier 1-
Safety
Defensive Line
Inside Linebacker

Based on my big board these are the players that could be considered for the 21st Pick

Safety

Clinton Dix
(Late 1st)- HaHa is the best safety in this class, however other safeties are not far behind him (Ward,Pryor, and Buchannon). HaHa offers the highest floor player but not sure he gives you the highest ceiling.

Defensive Line

Louis Nix
(Mid 1st)- If Nix is available he is a must have for Green Bay, Louis is a 340 pounder but has great athletic ability; will be a great NFL player than Raji.

Ra'shede Hageman (Mid 1st)- Boom or Bust player, however his power is extraordinary and will get better once he learns on how to stay low when exploding out. Reminds me a Wilkerson from the Jets.

Inside Linebacker

CJ Mosley
(Mid 1st)- Mosley will be a great addition to the middle of our defensive. Outstanding in coverage but is not a major liability in run support.

Ryan Shazier (Late 1st)- Another boom or bust player, he plays with aggression and despite his light frame he offers good run support.

Out of the 5 players who would you like the Packers to draft or would you rather have them trade down??
AmishMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Dix Greatest need and probably BPA
2. Mosley - 2nd biggest need and more likely to be there than Dix
3. Hageman - more of a gut feeling that he will be very good.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nix or Clinton-Dix are pretty equal to me. I think if we want to go safety and have a good shot of them playing well early, you gotta take HaHa.

Nix is one of those talents you aren't going to find later on. Can you find a quality safety later on? Definitely possible, but probably not one that transitions to the NFL quickly.

Not going to almost ever spend a first on ILB, not the 21st, so no Mosely.

Though I am very intrigued by Shazier. And heck for Hageman for that matter, but I'm not a fan of the risk right now.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do like all 5 there. Safety is greatest need, so like that position being addressed more than the actual player.

For me for pick 21 (As of now)

Pray
Ebron
Gilbert
Clinton-Dix

Dancing
Mosley
Kyle Fuller

Smile
Nix
Hageman
Calvin Pryor
Odell Beckham Jr.

Neutral
Shazier
Amaro
Tuitt
Kelvin Benjamin

Confused
Any other WR
Trent Murphy
Kyle Van Noy

Brick wall
Aaron Donald
Scott Crichton
Dee Ford
Attaochu
Any OL

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
PackOfLuck27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intrigued on your thoughts for Gilbert; I think he will be a good corner however I don't believe he is a shutdown corner. With that being said is he worth our 1st over our other needs??
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackOfLuck27 wrote:
Intrigued on your thoughts for Gilbert; I think he will be a good corner however I don't believe he is a shutdown corner. With that being said is he worth our 1st over our other needs??

I think CB is definitely right up there in need. Tramon is 31 and due 9.5 million and doesn't play like a CB who should be making 9.5. Not saying he is bad, but you should be a top 10 CB for that, he is not.

Through in some Hyde to safety talk, flirting with Shields in FA or on some kind of tag.

Yes, I think getting another solid boundry corner is a sizeable need, plus he would provide immediate impact on special teams.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaHa

and he's a tier avoe the other four IMO
nmesser13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said Nix for the reason that everybody is kicking Raji down the road and even as bad as he may or may not have played this year, who's going to replace him? As least with Nix with have that position filled.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha
Shede
Nix
jrock645

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nmesser13 wrote:
I said Nix for the reason that everybody is kicking Raji down the road and even as bad as he may or may not have played this year, who's going to replace him? As least with Nix with have that position filled.

just like Worthy would've been a perfect replacement already lined up.
packerjmf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackOfLuck27 wrote:

Depends who's on the board when we're picking. We could use help at just about every defensive position so if the best player on our board is a CB or OLB, I could definitely see us taking him over positions of greater need (DL, S, ILB).
jrock645

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never argue against adding a quality corner if he's the best player on the board. Considering we have to play megaton twice a year, we'll never have too many good corners.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerjmf wrote:
PackOfLuck27 wrote:

Depends who's on the board when we're picking. We could use help at just about every defensive position so if the best player on our board is a CB or OLB, I could definitely see us taking him over positions of greater need (DL, S, ILB).

With the exception of slot corner, I'd agree.
PackOfLuck27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is everyone grade on Gilbert?? To me he is a solid corner but not going to be a Top 10 corner in the league. Again just my opinion
PAKKUHRZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rank TE higher than ILB on the Packers list of needs. Maybe higher than DL, too, depending on how free agency plays out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: