Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Superbowl Tickets Still Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetfuel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
jetfuel wrote:
I don't think this has to do with the weather. New York is very expensive and then add a super bowl to it. The common man can not go. They have priced themselves out so bad. The Economy is still in the tank and people just can afford the trip. It has become even more business guys. I saw on stub hub they had a sky box seats they wanted $595,000. That is just stupid.

wat

I wonder how long people are going to keep that? That phrase stopped being true about 2 years ago, maybe longer.

Newsflash, the economy is fine. Has been for a while.

I'm a fan of the cold weather super bowl, but even i have to admit this probably has to do with the inclement weather. Though i would like to see a true apples to apples comparison for past years too. Where there still seats available last year at this time? And how much were they going for?

I like to know what state you live in because it is really bad here in Maine. There are no jobs and schools are cutting education fast. Pretty much all of the north east is hurting from the freezing cold weather that has taken most of the money from the common man. It may be good in other states but up here in the north east it is not good at all. If the locals don't have the money they will not go.
SodakViking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why people wouldn't want to go to the Superbowl on the biggest stage in the greatest city in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If decent tickets were available for $500 I would buy 2 and take a friend. I just think witnessing a superbowl is something I've always wsnted to do. Never have been to New York so the vacaction to do that would even be a pretty cool thing for me to do. If its 20 degrees out with only 10-15 mph winds that's not so bad, its not all that miserable when its still that warm.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
I don't know why people wouldn't want to go to the Superbowl on the biggest stage in the greatest city in the world.

It's a extremely luxury event and extremely luxury event people don't do extreme cold like this. I'd love to go to a Superbowl with any team playing in any stadium and any weather but I'm not in the able to afford 5k for the experience crowd.
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
SodakViking wrote:

It's a extremely luxury event and extremely luxury event people don't do extreme cold like this. I'd love to go to a Superbowl with any team playing in any stadium and any weather but I'm not in the able to afford 5k for the experience crowd.

Pretty much this. Add in the cost of travel and it just isnt worth it. And TBH New York seems like a horrible city to host a super bowl. Nothing to do with the weather just seems very over crowded as is.

Cant wait until the Santa Clara superbowl tho... Driving distance FTW

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Price, and the weather have to do with this. During the colder playoff games teams had a hard time selling tickets, and they were teams that always sell out early. Cold weather obviously is deterring fans from coming, and the games like the one between the Eagles and Lions has no place in football.

Football would not be football without games like the Lions vs. Eagles. Several much more reasonable reasons have been mentioned.
Malik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to 40+ degrees on the day of the Super Bowl. There isn't going to be some -8 degree snowstorm. It'll get chilly at night but it's not going to be unbearable.
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
It's going to 40+ degrees on the day of the Super Bowl. There isn't going to be some -8 degree snowstorm. It'll get chilly at night but it's not going to be unbearable.

Bro 40+ is still really chilly to some lol

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:

The Super Bowl in Jacksonville was a decade ago. Wink

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
This really just seems like an extension of the issue facing the league in recent years, being that the in-home experience is far superior to the stadium experience, in most cases.

I could shell out about $6000+ for me and someone to go to the game and sit through bad weather, or for about 10% of that, stay home and watch the game on my big television surrounded by friends and great food. Not really a hard choice.

The weather just made this an even easier decision.

If I had the money, I'd definitely go. It's worth it just for the experience. But I don't. And most people don't.

I don't think the in-home experience argument really is a big detriment for the Super Bowl. For normal regular seasons games? Yea. Super Bowl? Nah.

TomRalph wrote:
If this SB doesn't sell out I can only envision this accelerating Goodell's idea that a SB could potentially be played abroad.

If England can sell out Jacksonville Jaguars games then I think we can sell out a SB no matter the weather.

That would be a good way to tick off just about every fan in America.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why pay that much money to freeze? When you can watch in HD on huge flat screen and see everything? Don't have a flat screen? You the money you would use for Super Bowl for one or go to Sports Bar..Hopefully NFL loses money and Goodell removes head from butt and realizes fans are everything for NFL, without us, no one gets anything.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tickets drop another 500$ and I'll be there
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
the tickets drop another 500$ and I'll be there

If they drop below 1k I'll probably make the move too. I'm a stones throw away from the stadium and this is probably the only time I'll be able to see a Superbowl in person.
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Price, and the weather have to do with this. During the colder playoff games teams had a hard time selling tickets, and they were teams that always sell out early. Cold weather obviously is deterring fans from coming, and the games like the one between the Eagles and Lions has no place in football.

You're still on this? Laughing

That game was awesome. I wish there were blizzard games more often.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Personally, I blame Bruno Mars.

Yeah, I said it.

That's a very valid point, though. Even with the addition of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers to the halftime show, Bruno Mars as the headline with RHCP is not a "can't miss" halftime show for the majority of people. If the NFL had booked a bigger name artist/group, I could see a decent amount of people wanting to go to the game and catching the half time show more then they have now. If sitting in the stands is going to be miserable or the fans due to the cold, at least give the fans a super act.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: