Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Superbowl Tickets Still Available
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Superbowl Tickets Still Available Reply with quote

Big Game Or Big Bust? Thousands Of Seats Still Available For The Super Bowl CBS New York
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/01/28/big-game-may-not-be-such-a-hot-ticket-18000-super-bowl-seats-still-available/

Well I guess that puts to rest on "weather" outdoor Superbowls in places that have four seasons is a good idea. San Diego will gladly host the Superbowl and really everyone wins.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this has to do with the weather. New York is very expensive and then add a super bowl to it. The common man can not go. They have priced themselves out so bad. The Economy is still in the tank and people just can afford the trip. It has become even more business guys. I saw on stub hub they had a sky box seats they wanted $595,000. That is just stupid.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price, and the weather have to do with this. During the colder playoff games teams had a hard time selling tickets, and they were teams that always sell out early. Cold weather obviously is deterring fans from coming, and the games like the one between the Eagles and Lions has no place in football.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe people think it's appalling that that they're using cruise ships for hotel space.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I probably wouldn't go for free. Id rather stay home and watch it. Too cold.

swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking news:
Quote:
One woman in Midtown did say that she wanted to go. She was from Brazil.

That is an actual quote from the link. Oh my.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two teams playing are from the West.

Right now, from Seattle to Newark, the ticket is $700 roundtrip. Add in hotel which is roughly about the same price and then the ticket for the game, that's about $2500 just for the game for one person. Factor in food, transportation, spending, etc. costs and this very well could cost $3000 for just one person, for one game from Seattle, and Denver is likely a similar cost.

Or you use that money, buy a nice entertainment set, some drinks and food and watch the game with your buddies and still have $1000 left.

I'm not surprised to an extent.

IDOG_det

#JDI
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't want to go to New York either. Especially at that price. You'd have to pay me to go.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I wouldn't want to go to New York either. Especially at that price. You'd have to pay me to go.

I think most of this forum said this would be a disaster. It's not Indianapolis with a dome stadium. The Superbowl itself is for... Rich fans with the social status to attend; not the superfans willing to embrace the cold.

At least we'll probably not have to witness this experiment again. What would be really awesome is if the NFL attempted to enforce a local blackout. People would lose it on Goodell.
Babylon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ticket resellers trying to gouge people, so why would anyone care? If there isn't demand, lower your prices.

They're pretty terrible people in general, so I guess what I take from this is they should host the superbowl in Buffalo every year so actual fans can afford to go?
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why people are so happy a cold weather SB failed.

Oh no, they have to play outside in the snow and cold, like it's real football instead of a controlled environment or the middle of a tropical area.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I think most of this forum said this would be a disaster. It's not Indianapolis with a dome stadium. The Superbowl itself is for... Rich fans with the social status to attend; not the superfans willing to embrace the cold.

At least we'll probably not have to witness this experiment again. What would be really awesome is if the NFL attempted to enforce a local blackout. People would lose it on Goodell.

For me, it has nothing to do with weather, but for a lot of fans I'm sure that plays a role. I just don't dont have an interest in going to New York City itself, especially at that price. I'm sure others feel the same way given the apparent lack of demand right now.
sayheykid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:
This is ticket resellers trying to gouge people, so why would anyone care? If there isn't demand, lower your prices.

Actually, the tickets are already the cheapest they have been in a decade or so. Brokers keep cutting prices, and the public keeps saying "no thanks".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
The two teams playing are from the West.

Right now, from Seattle to Newark, the ticket is $700 roundtrip. Add in hotel which is roughly about the same price and then the ticket for the game, that's about $2500 just for the game for one person. Factor in food, transportation, spending, etc. costs and this very well could cost $3000 for just one person, for one game from Seattle, and Denver is likely a similar cost.

Or you use that money, buy a nice entertainment set, some drinks and food and watch the game with your buddies and still have $1000 left.

I'm not surprised to an extent.

The Super Bowl isn't about the common fan. They probably weren't expecting many of whatever team was playing because it's a huge corporate event. It's cold, expensive, crowded, etc.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is due to the lack of Seattle fans
They probably should move to LA

I hate the Jaguars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: