Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dkebones' "How I think Jerry thinks" Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about bringing pressure from the LB position? I think our LB had maybe 3 sacks combined last year. We usually have an all out DL blitz and sprinkle in a CB/S blitz... But if we had a LB like Mack or Attachou who could drop into coverage and blitz and stop the run I think it would take some pressure off the DL.

JPP may never be JPP again. He might come back as JPp or JP. Tuck is a FA, Moore is inexperienced, and Kiwi is only good at getting 15 yard penalties in clutch moments after getting a huge 3rd down stop.

EDIT:

Seahawks will be resigning Michael Bennett... There goes a high FA target.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
What about bringing pressure from the LB position? I think our LB had maybe 3 sacks combined last year. We usually have an all out DL blitz and sprinkle in a CB/S blitz... But if we had a LB like Mack or Attachou who could drop into coverage and blitz and stop the run I think it would take some pressure off the DL.

JPP may never be JPP again. He might come back as JPp or JP. Tuck is a FA, Moore is inexperienced, and Kiwi is only good at getting 15 yard penalties in clutch moments after getting a huge 3rd down stop.

EDIT:

I guess I'm a little more optimistic about Jpp returning to 2011 form and still think that the Giants will find away to get Tuck signed to a short term deal that leads him to retirement. Hoping with another off season camp Moore will find a place on a more consistent basis.

I do like the idea of building up the linebacker core, but also think that Beason should get resigned.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

EDIT:

I guess I'm a little more optimistic about Jpp returning to 2011 form and still think that the Giants will find away to get Tuck signed to a short term deal that leads him to retirement. Hoping with another off season camp Moore will find a place on a more consistent basis.

I do like the idea of building up the linebacker core, but also think that Beason should get resigned.

You're not the only one...
plus I'd love to get rid of kiwis contract...

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

EDIT:

You're not the only one...
plus I'd love to get rid of kiwis contract...

Kiwi's release would save us about 2 million but a june 1st would put those savings at around 5 million.

I know we're talking defense but David Baas is another player that I'd love to end his contract. Again, for it to be worth real value he too would need to be a june 1st release. Saving 5 million.

The real savings comes from Chris Snee should the Giants decide to let him walk, from my math released or traded would save us 7.5 million.

I'm thinking Joseph to get signed to a long term deal would be in the range of 6-7 per season, Tuck 4 -5 per season, Stevie Brown 3-4 per season and Beason (hard to gauge his cap figure).

Those signing alone would basically clear out our cap, so we would really need to find ways to free up some cap space.

I expect Webster is done which would save us a million, so there are places where we can make some adjustments to free up some serious cheddar, but Giants typically don't make a lot of cuts but rather rework contracts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: