Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys hire Scott Linehan as OC/ Demote Monte Kiffin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
One thing I dont understand is you already didnt run the ball enough...you have a talented RB. Then you go out and hire a pass happy OC?

Here's my theory (guess, really): Jerry Jones really wants to be a pass-first team, with Romo as the centerpiece. Garrett, on the other hand, prefers a more balanced approach. Linehan might be the compromise--only in the sense that Garrett and Linehan have worked together before. But if Linehan's running the same offense as he did at Detroit (which looked a lot like the run-and-shoot), then this is going to be a pass-first offense. The Lions could run the ball decently, especially for a pass-first team, so if he can get Murray in the game the way he got Bell and Bush into the offense, that might be a positive.

But if there is an internal conflict between Garrett and Jones about the direction of the team (pass-heavy offense vs. more balance), then Jones really should just get rid of Garrett. Promote Callahan or Linehan as HC or go after Jon Gruden.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
One thing I dont understand is you already didnt run the ball enough...you have a talented RB. Then you go out and hire a pass happy OC?

It was more taking away power from Callahan and giving it to someone Garrett trusts. Scott and Jason coached together in Miami under Saban. Given that Garrett is on the last year (and frankly last leg) of his contract, if a change was going to happen it was going to be to someone he knows and trusts.

Thats fine and all....just dont like the idea of that offense having to throw the ball more.

Early guess is we will probably have around the same pass. run. Ratio. I care a lot more about situations when this happens than a brightline test of numbers.

well once Jason Garrett gets fired next year, you guys shouldn't have this problem.

down but not out. I still believe!
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Jones should just fire every coach, scout, etc and make himself commander of everything. He runs the offense, defense, special teams, and he scouts college kids. He saves money and gets more control, which is ultimately what he wants.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Who is Dez going to yell at on the sidelines this year? Romo? Callahan? Linehan? Garrett?

'tron!

"He got your QB to just Randy the ball to you even when you were triple-covered and other guys were wide open! You told him not to do it for me just so that you would look better than me, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?!"

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
Jerry Jones should just fire every coach, scout, etc and make himself commander of everything. He runs the offense, defense, special teams, and he scouts college kids. He saves money and gets more control, which is ultimately what he wants.

Only if he also dresses up like Napoleon and stays permanently mounted on a horse and brandishing a sword while on the sidelines.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:

Only if he also dresses up like Napoleon and stays permanently mounted on a horse and brandishing a sword while on the sidelines.

I....I think....this....this would be far and away the greatest moment in my 28 years of life. I would literally cry, from laughter and comedic sadness, all at once. That would be so very epic. I just...I don't even. LBC, you've stolen my heart.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
nagahide13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
You can not win games when you abandon the running game like Linehan does.

True story. At least in regards to his time in Detroit.

He was overly pass happy, he was predictable, he was unwilling to make in-game adjustments, and he was unimaginative. Granted, outside of Calvin we haven't had many receiving options recently... but he never planned or adjusted around our weak areas.

I'd imagine he'd find a high degree of success if the Cowboy's pick up another good WR and a Shady-esque back.
matt79511

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd venture to guess any team with a good OL, franchise QB, six or seven viable receiving targets, and two Pro Bowl running backs would have success.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Who is Dez going to yell at on the sidelines this year? Romo? Callahan? Linehan? Garrett?

One would think fans on here would not easily consume the [inappropriate/removed] made up by the media.

He wasn't yelling at Romo, he was motivating romo.

Come on man, dont be a ignorant football fan. Thats being pathetic

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

One would think fans on here would not easily consume the [inappropriate/removed] made up by the media.

He might have been motivating Romo, but he was doing it by yelling. You'd be foolish to deny that he was yelling. I don't see how stating that makes me ignorant and pathetic.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
CowboysNation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

He might have been motivating Romo, but he was doing it by yelling. You'd be foolish to deny that he was yelling. I don't see how stating that makes me ignorant and pathetic.

The fact that that is even remembered is a testament to the stupidity of the NFL and its fanbase.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysNation wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

The fact that that is even remembered is a testament to the stupidity of the NFL and its fanbase.

Why would you forget something that looked so comical? There were 50+ page threads about it at the time on these forums iirc. I doubt anyone who was around the NFL General forum at the time has forgotten it.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
mijags

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roy williams, linehan, marinelli, jerry loves his ex lions
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
CowboysNation wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

Why would you forget something that looked so comical? There were 50+ page threads about it at the time on these forums iirc. I doubt anyone who was around the NFL General forum at the time has forgotten it.

Didn't he leave crying before one of the games were even over too? He's good, but a drama queen. Needs some good role models, not going to find that in Dallas though.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
roy williams, linehan, marinelli, jerry loves his ex lions

All that hot garbage of the NFL lol..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: