Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Current Packer most likely to BREAKOUT in 2014?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13094
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Datone, Cobb without Finley or Jones.
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13863
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell ya this. Datone was a lot closer to taking off there than some might understand. It's a long season and he needs to keep the pounds on. But I still like Jones every bit as much as I did on draft day. My lord can that cat ever pop out of the gate at scale. Still needs to find his way a bit. But I truly feel that young man is going to be hard to deal with sooner rather than later.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13094
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I'll tell ya this. Datone was a lot closer to taking off there than some might understand. It's a long season and he needs to keep the pounds on. But I still like Jones every bit as much as I did on draft day. My lord can that cat ever pop out of the gate at scale. Still needs to find his way a bit. But I truly feel that young man is going to be hard to deal with sooner rather than later.
Not many 34DEs and spell at OLB like he did due to injury there at the end. Can't wait for him to get the weight on. Do you think Daniels can be a three down player in GB?
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13863
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I'll tell ya this. Datone was a lot closer to taking off there than some might understand. It's a long season and he needs to keep the pounds on. But I still like Jones every bit as much as I did on draft day. My lord can that cat ever pop out of the gate at scale. Still needs to find his way a bit. But I truly feel that young man is going to be hard to deal with sooner rather than later.
Not many 34DEs and spell at OLB like he did due to injury there at the end. Can't wait for him to get the weight on. Do you think Daniels can be a three down player in GB?


Big difference between can and should with a Q like that one. Daniels is VERY stout at scale. That's not to say he is stout though(even more so when you look at Capers fit). One also needs to remember that Daniels is one hell of a special teams player. I understand injuries ran deep this year. But if possible I don't run Daniels thin at the cost of having him on less than fresh legs on sure pass sets.

The Jones OLB thing is what it is. Not like he was good at it. Was also told his was checking in a hair under 280lbs at the tail end of the season there. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

Also starting to wonder if Datone has a little "fake tough" in him? Not sayin I agree just yet, but there sure are enough guys out there that feel that way about him. Man has as much natural talent as anyone on this Packers roster though. That first step is special. Very high hopes he can put it all together next season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2752
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Didn't Nick Collins have like an 8 on the wonderlick though?

As for breakout, I think a WR does well. Whether that is a draft pick or Boykin continuing with his mid season good play. I also think next season reveals the true Datone Jones, good or bad.


Collins had a 14 wonderlic score which is not good but that guy was a tremendous football player once he got some game experience under his belt in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7887
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The natural one has to be Datone. We can only hope he makes the same year 2 jump that Daniels did. The next guy that I am hoping for is Mulumba. Dude sure as hell has the body, he looks long and athletic. Hopefully he can develope into a solid role player. And then Franklin. Ball security is something fixable in RB's and his game could really add a new element to our offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6021
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I'll tell ya this. Datone was a lot closer to taking off there than some might understand. It's a long season and he needs to keep the pounds on. But I still like Jones every bit as much as I did on draft day. My lord can that cat ever pop out of the gate at scale. Still needs to find his way a bit. But I truly feel that young man is going to be hard to deal with sooner rather than later.
Not many 34DEs and spell at OLB like he did due to injury there at the end. Can't wait for him to get the weight on. Do you think Daniels can be a three down player in GB?


Big difference between can and should with a Q like that one. Daniels is VERY stout at scale. That's not to say he is stout though(even more so when you look at Capers fit). One also needs to remember that Daniels is one hell of a special teams player. I understand injuries ran deep this year. But if possible I don't run Daniels thin at the cost of having him on less than fresh legs on sure pass sets.

The Jones OLB thing is what it is. Not like he was good at it. Was also told his was checking in a hair under 280lbs at the tail end of the season there. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

Also starting to wonder if Datone has a little "fake tough" in him? Not sayin I agree just yet, but there sure are enough guys out there that feel that way about him. Man has as much natural talent as anyone on this Packers roster though. That first step is special. Very high hopes he can put it all together next season.


Would you say that the weight thing was the reason that his playing time dropped off so bad the last 3rd of the season?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skypilot


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 701
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with AJ Hawk to breakout.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fattlipp


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 645
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherrod
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AmishMafia


Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Posts: 274
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Jolly. Oh wait, I forgot. He was already released from prison.

In order:

Datone Jones: Can't believe some fans called him a bust. He was looking beastly early, but an ankle tweek set him back.

Burnett: I know, I know, he didn't look so good most of the season. But, by my recollection, after he missed a few early games he looked good in his first 2 or 3 games. Not sure why he didn't look so good after that - but I have the sense that it was something out of his control. Injury perhaps, or lack of competence playing next to him, I don't know.

House: He won the starting nickle 2 years ago and then got injured. He appears to be close to being a real playmaker at times. I think, this is the season he puts it together.

Perry: If he can just stay healthy, I think he will be a great compliment to CM3

Hyde: Okay, he already broke out - but I mean at Safety. I think he would be very good there alongside Burnett. With the step House takes and getting Haywood back, we have the flexibility of moving Hyde to Safety.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2752
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmishMafia wrote:
Johnny Jolly. Oh wait, I forgot. He was already released from prison.

In order:

Datone Jones: Can't believe some fans called him a bust. He was looking beastly early, but an ankle tweek set him back.

Burnett: I know, I know, he didn't look so good most of the season. But, by my recollection, after he missed a few early games he looked good in his first 2 or 3 games. Not sure why he didn't look so good after that - but I have the sense that it was something out of his control. Injury perhaps, or lack of competence playing next to him, I don't know.

House: He won the starting nickle 2 years ago and then got injured. He appears to be close to being a real playmaker at times. I think, this is the season he puts it together.

Perry: If he can just stay healthy, I think he will be a great compliment to CM3

Hyde: Okay, he already broke out - but I mean at Safety. I think he would be very good there alongside Burnett. With the step House takes and getting Haywood back, we have the flexibility of moving Hyde to Safety.


I like your list a lot. On defense my hope is Datone Jones takes that big jump from rookie to veteran and Jerel Worthy comes back to playing form. I can also see Hyde and Perry making big jumps because both showed flashes this year. On offense I can see Bahktiari and Franklin making big jumps, and hopefully Bostick who will finally transfer that practice skill to a game. I don't include Boykin on this list because he had a big breakout year this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2Bigby0


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with Datone as well here. He's the obvious one. His first step is so explosive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Frank-O


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 1145
Location: Wisconsin - Cheeseland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Walden is gonna ball hard this year
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 1908
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Fat Walden is gonna ball hard this year


A lot of that depends on what we do with Raji and Pick.
_________________


The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13863
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I'll tell ya this. Datone was a lot closer to taking off there than some might understand. It's a long season and he needs to keep the pounds on. But I still like Jones every bit as much as I did on draft day. My lord can that cat ever pop out of the gate at scale. Still needs to find his way a bit. But I truly feel that young man is going to be hard to deal with sooner rather than later.
Not many 34DEs and spell at OLB like he did due to injury there at the end. Can't wait for him to get the weight on. Do you think Daniels can be a three down player in GB?


Big difference between can and should with a Q like that one. Daniels is VERY stout at scale. That's not to say he is stout though(even more so when you look at Capers fit). One also needs to remember that Daniels is one hell of a special teams player. I understand injuries ran deep this year. But if possible I don't run Daniels thin at the cost of having him on less than fresh legs on sure pass sets.

The Jones OLB thing is what it is. Not like he was good at it. Was also told his was checking in a hair under 280lbs at the tail end of the season there. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

Also starting to wonder if Datone has a little "fake tough" in him? Not sayin I agree just yet, but there sure are enough guys out there that feel that way about him. Man has as much natural talent as anyone on this Packers roster though. That first step is special. Very high hopes he can put it all together next season.


Would you say that the weight thing was the reason that his playing time dropped off so bad the last 3rd of the season?



I don't think anyone could even fight you on that. Jones was getting ragdolled at the end there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group