Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Current Packer most likely to BREAKOUT in 2014?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbpacker40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Current Packer most likely to BREAKOUT in 2014? Reply with quote

Who does everyone expect to breakout and make a huge leap from last year to this upcoming year? I personally think Brandon Bostick has the ability and potential, along with being in the right position for a breakout year. I remember reading something last training camp that there were multiple teams trying to trade for him...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234659/article/brandon-bostick-reportedly-drawing-trade-interest

The guy has all the tools and is actually a better physical specimen than Finley...When he did get a chance to play when AR was injured, he seemed to have soft hands and moved really well until his injury. Not to mention he has had 2 years to develop and learn the system.

Finley - 6-4, 243, 4.66 (Pro Day), 27" vertical, 9-09 broad

Bostick - 6-3, 243, 4.59 (Pro Day), 36" vertical, 10-01 broad

Thoughts on others who might break out?

-- Antrel Rolle, on playing against Aaron Rodgers
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quarter second difference in the 3 cone for Finley and Bostick means a helluva lot more than the jumps. Finley was born smooth in his routes, Bostick needs to improve significantly with his.

I think EDS is a likely candidate given that he's back. For our sake, Datone Jones needs to put it together.
pollino14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with Datone Jones. He was one of my favorite players in the draft. I think he played well with his limited snaps this year. Going into year two and more than likely some weight gain, he should be a force.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Heyword and Perry. Would love to see one of the young D-linemen break out, but I need to let that dream go, I think. If D. Jones can make improvements, I'll be happy with that. Next year is make or break for a bunch of these oft-injured fellows, I think.
gbpacker40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of thought EDS did have a breakout season. He still has to improve more, but he looked good for the most part. The one thing that scares me with EDS is he does seem to get lost and/or pushed back off the initial snap a little to often.

Datone is an enigma to me. He played decent in the snaps he did play, getting some pressure, but with the depth of our line this year I think Capers made him more of a project than viewing him as an actual starter. I think if he had more snaps he couldve had a bigger impact and would only improve and become acclimated to the pro game that much faster. The downside is there will be mistakes. I generally like to believe the easiest way to learn something fast is to get out there and do it as often as possible and learn from your mistakes. I think he wasnt used enough to get a real read on his potential. He has all the tools though to improve a bunch from his rookie year. Good call on him.

CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregoreo22 wrote:
I'm thinking Heyword and Perry. Would love to see one of the young D-linemen break out, but I need to let that dream go, I think. If D. Jones can make improvements, I'll be happy with that. Next year is make or break for a bunch of these oft-injured fellows, I think.

I agree. I see Heywerd being a key factor in our secondary improving and Jones being a critical piece to our interior pass rush. He just needs time.
gbpacker40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perry needs to stay healthy and stick with his natural position. Capers needs to stop experimenting with him, but most of all Perry HAS to overcome his injury history.

If we get a safety next to Burnett he might improve the most on defense because lets face it...he cant be much worse. Confused

G Harmon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Franklin

Sean Richardson

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
gbpacker40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G Harmon wrote:
Jonathan Franklin

Sean Richardson

Forgot about him. I assume he will be playing a backup role though which makes him hard to breakout. Who knows though, with our injuries he might be playing LB next year. Razz

BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Boyd and Morgan Burnett

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
jfinley88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregoreo22 wrote:
Heyword

Both syllables these days. Hayward quickly losing relevance. Just messing around man...
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to be a source on this but I know someone who claims to have known Bostick and he says he's basically a brick with lips. I have no idea if there's any validity to this but he swears he's too unintelligent to really ever be anything.

Take that FWIW.
jrock645

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
I'm not trying to be a source on this but I know someone who claims to have known Bostick and he says he's basically a brick with lips. I have no idea if there's any validity to this but he swears he's too unintelligent to really ever be anything.

Take that FWIW.

theres some merit to that... Growing up in Huntington, WV and knowing plenty of people that worked at Marshall it was pretty well known that Byron Leftwich was about as dumb as a bag of hammers. And well, he never amounted to much of anything in the nfl.
gbpacker40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

Take that FWIW.

Believable. Finley only had a 9 on his wonderlic and we have all seen some of his tweets...Frank Gore had a 6. Ryan Fitzpatrick had a 48. As long as the guy understands his role and how it translates to the field, I'm OK with a brick.

Bears Are Legit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: