Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers HC Ron Rivera Signs 3 Year Extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:
coors wrote:
He was as close as you can come to getting fired without being fired early on in this season.. and now is signing a 3 year extension. That's the NFL.

Lol yeah, I remember people were calling for his head early into the season.

Even I was. And I have typically been one of the cooler head of the bunch when it came to Rivera. At the end of his second season I was like "People, its a bad team. Give him time. You gotta give a coach 3 seasons to make real headway when he takes over a 2 win team." But by the end of the third game this season I was like "Thats it, he's hopeless. Beyond awful. Poo-can him now, mail in the season, start over next september."

CK on the sig
iknowcool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope after a year of success that he doesn't resort back to his old style of coaching with porous halftime adjustments and bad decisions in critical situations.

It's obvious our team loves to play for him though and it isn't like we have been a crap team under him. Even in 2011 and 2012, we were extremely competitive. We just found new ways to lose every week. I think if Newton continues to progress and Gettleman remains to be as good of a GM as he has looked thus far along with the other very good, young talent we have on this team (Kuechly, Johnson, Lotulelei, Kalil, Short, Olsen, Hardy and Mitchell if we re-sign them), we will be fine with Rivera. His downfall will be if we don't bring more talent on this offense. I think we only have 6 offensive starters under contract for next season.
SanDiegoScrubs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved. I'll never understand why so many were so quick at wanting him fired after he took over a team that had the #1 pick and has improved every year under him. People need way more patience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: