Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

gopherwrestler's 2014 Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft. v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a sack from the 1-tech or 0-tech =/= playing the run from the same position. It's often easier to pass rush from the 0/1 tech because teams slide the center over to help out on the 3-tech.

Like I said at the end of my post, in passing situations Bromley and/or Floyd would be fine and maybe even excel. Neither of them holds their own against double teams in the running game. Something you need out of the 1 tech.

Look at our team right now, and this last season. We had two guys in Guion and Evans playing the 1-tech position and they are both better as penetrators than space eaters.

Once again splitting double teams on a pass play =/= sustaining leverage on a double team against the run.

I could be 100% wrong on this but that's my eval of Bromley and I personally love what he brings to the table. However, he doesn't fit the mold of what Zimmer seems to like from his nose tackles and all of his players. They have to stop the run first. Ask Cincinnati fans, if their players didn't stop the run, they didn't play. Carlos Dunlap rode the bench for that reason.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
they are looking for someone to push/eventually take over for Andy Dalton. at 8 if Blake Borlets, or Johnny Manziel, are still available i could see them trying to move up. also Anthony Collins is an injury prone LT for the Bengals. they could also move up if Mathews is available at #8, they are looking to keep Dalton safe, having a Franchise, solid LT could solve that.

Value wise that's about all you will normally receive. Most likely will not receive a 2nd & 3rd or a 2nd & 4th picks.

EDIT: eliminate Bridgewater from that

If Borscht-Belt or Carr are available, why wouldn't the Vikings pick one at 8?

Assuming B or M are sought by Cinci and provide incentive for them to trade up 16 spots, doesn't that indicate strongly that Spielman isn't taking the best available QB by dropping back 16 spots, passing on B or M at 8, and drafting Carr?

You have signed too many free agents to necessitate accumulating more draft picks by trading back. You traded back for a QB. and to draft more players. With all the (good/ decent?) FAs you signed, you should focus on quality, not quantity in the draft. I'm not Spielman, and don't know how many changes Zimmer wants to make, but I believe those two won't make as many roster changes to the Vikings as some people believe.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
they are looking for someone to push/eventually take over for Andy Dalton. at 8 if Blake Borlets, or Johnny Manziel, are still available i could see them trying to move up. also Anthony Collins is an injury prone LT for the Bengals. they could also move up if Mathews is available at #8, they are looking to keep Dalton safe, having a Franchise, solid LT could solve that.

Value wise that's about all you will normally receive. Most likely will not receive a 2nd & 3rd or a 2nd & 4th picks.

EDIT: eliminate Bridgewater from that

If Borscht-Belt or Carr are available, why wouldn't the Vikings pick one at 8?

Assuming B or M are sought by Cinci and provide incentive for them to trade up 16 spots, doesn't that indicate strongly that Spielman isn't taking the best available QB by dropping back 16 spots, passing on B or M at 8, and drafting Carr?

You have signed too many free agents to necessitate accumulating more draft picks by trading back. You traded back for a QB. and to draft more players. With all the (good/ decent?) FAs you signed, you should focus on quality, not quantity in the draft. I'm not Spielman, and don't know how many changes Zimmer wants to make, but I believe those two won't make as many roster changes to the Vikings as some people believe.

Isn't taking the best QB available? Teams can draft QB's according to their scheme, and also it can be their teams belief. Just like with the number one pick of the draft you could take any of the top 4 QB's. But its your choice who is the best. If the vikings don't believe maziel or Bortles is the better qb and know cincinnati would pick up one of those to Carr most likely will fall to at the highest the cardnials but I believe could fall farther. Trading down allows you to gain value in your #8 pick for trading down and picking up the same player.

Free agents now what team doesn't sign that man free agents? verner would be the only real high paid free agent and the rest more or less will be back-up depth like every team does. With the minnesota 20 mil+ cap they can more than handle drafting a late 1st roumd qb +extra draft picks and the free agents I stated.

Focusing on quality of the draft is what I did. I believe Shazier will be just as good as a Mack that could likely be available at the #8 spot that you can get I'm the second round. Hoffman in the Fifth would be a better pick for Turners scheme than a Mike Davis you could get in an earlier round.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: