Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agents I Would Call At Least
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3736
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In B4 Loch.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=540608&sid=8583d8f73329dc3464222865910ecd0d
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack-ManJones


Joined: 06 Jan 2014
Posts: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big numbers guy like I see some are but I believe in the old motto "if there is a will there is a way". Like McCarthy mentioned this team needs some IMPACT guys, GB has over the past few years have tried to dip into free agency and it fell thur in the the end. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing certain guys walk like BJ, Finely, Pickett, and may be James Jones.

My dream free agents would be:
DE/ Justin Tuck, if we could bring him on on a 2 year deal similar to Osi/Atl deal think it would be a major upgrade with clay on the opposite side getting more pressure on opponent s qb . Draft DT ex: (Hageman, Louis Nix III, Aaron Donald) and give Datone more reps in 2nd yr etc...

FS/ Chris Clemons 4 yr/18mil deal a should player with experience and good coverage and tackling skills which we oh so need at FS would so take a burden of of Morgan Burnett which would allow him to go back to playing in space.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3267
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
svp wrote:
I member when Matt Flynn hit the market and the talk was trade for Orakpo.


good times.


I literally never heard that and I spend half my free time reading about the Packers.


Flynn was hot hot hot after that season. I haven't heard the Orakpo one either but there was very serious talks about including Flynn and our 1st rounder and moving up to the top 10.

Oh how things have changed. Anyway the more I think about it the more I think letting BJ go would be a mistake. I thought he was awful this year but I have hopes that he can get back to his 2010 form. Retain him and Shields, get Worthy back, nail the draft, Perry breaks out. Super Bowl..

Blows my mind that people still don't trust Ted Thompson.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3782
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
svp wrote:
I member when Matt Flynn hit the market and the talk was trade for Orakpo.


good times.


I literally never heard that and I spend half my free time reading about the Packers.


Flynn was hot hot hot after that season. I haven't heard the Orakpo one either but there was very serious talks about including Flynn and our 1st rounder and moving up to the top 10.

Oh how things have changed. Anyway the more I think about it the more I think letting BJ go would be a mistake. I thought he was awful this year but I have hopes that he can get back to his 2010 form. Retain him and Shields, get Worthy back, nail the draft, Perry breaks out. Super Bowl..

Blows my mind that people still don't trust Ted Thompson.


Oh I remember it well. But I never once heard anything about Orakpo. Maybe one random dude said it, but it wasn't like this widespread thing that we all thought.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ronald323


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 622
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbpacker40 wrote:
Ronald323 wrote:
lol this is how FAs going to start like every year:

1. the packers are going to bring in someone

2. we make a topic in make like 20 pages of talking about it

3. then 2 days later the player sign with some else using the packers as leverage.

4. then everyone rant about TT, in mods lock every topic


Winner. Laughing


lol thats whats going to happen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gbpacker40


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 2219
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone thinking we don't sign Raji or Shields? I dont know why, but I think we may possibly let both of them go. Possibly giving some of that money to extend Cobb and Jordy? I just have the gut feeling that Shields won't be back next season.
_________________
"The dude is scary. I don't ever want to face him again in my life."

-- Antrel Rolle, on playing against Aaron Rodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2806
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack-ManJones wrote:
Not a big numbers guy like I see some are but I believe in the old motto "if there is a will there is a way". Like McCarthy mentioned this team needs some IMPACT guys, GB has over the past few years have tried to dip into free agency and it fell thur in the the end. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing certain guys walk like BJ, Finely, Pickett, and may be James Jones.

My dream free agents would be:
DE/ Justin Tuck, if we could bring him on on a 2 year deal similar to Osi/Atl deal think it would be a major upgrade with clay on the opposite side getting more pressure on opponent s qb . Draft DT ex: (Hageman, Louis Nix III, Aaron Donald) and give Datone more reps in 2nd yr etc...

FS/ Chris Clemons 4 yr/18mil deal a should player with experience and good coverage and tackling skills which we oh so need at FS would so take a burden of of Morgan Burnett which would allow him to go back to playing in space.


Don't be too shocked if Green Bay goes after Tuck or even Anthony Spencer. Like Mike said the defense needs impact players and you won't get that with just rookies being added.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 3080
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Sims is still my guy.

Wanted us to sign him last year and dump Pickett. Would have been able to sign him easy for three years with what Pickett cost last year alone.

3 years $6 million would have gotten it done last year easy and still should this year.
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McT


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 36
Location: Peoria, IL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything will boil down to something we do every day multiple times a day. That is a cost benefit analysis (CBA). Unknowingly every decision we make is based on whether the cost of doing it is worth the benefit. The Packers organization has paid Ted Thompson and his group a lot of money for their CBA thresholds when it comes to adding and subtracting players. Every team in the league does this and they all have varying degrees cost which they are willing to pay for the benefit. For example it is pretty clear that the Thompson M.O. is that the benefit of building a sustainable team that will be one of the better teams every year outweighs the benefit of building a powerhouse that may function for one or two years and then be blown up to build again. Other teams like the Redskins have willing to take the one or two year shot of assembling an all star team and the cost of the following down years.
First, Iím interested to see the value placed on all of the Packer free agents and who they are willing to part ways with. Second, if they see a better benefit in other free agents vs. what they are losing we may see a more active Packer team in FA this year. My gut feeling is that this year there will not be much benefit to signing many of the Packer defensive FAs. Which will lead to more activity in signing other teamís FAs. Outside of Shields I don't see anyone that should combe back. But thatís just my gut. Sign a mid tier DL and Safety and get ready to reload the D in the draft (hopefully Mosley falls).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky mark


Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 991
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@TyDunne: Conversations continue between #Packers and CB Sam Shields. Return "50/50" for now.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ronald323


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 622
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@TyDunne: Conversations continue between #Packers and CB Sam Shields. Return "50/50" for now.


i just hope he dont pull a tramon williams.

im so sick of guys playing hard in there last year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3267
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@TyDunne: Conversations continue between #Packers and CB Sam Shields. Return "50/50" for now.


Well if that's true I want to cry.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10508
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald323 wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@TyDunne: Conversations continue between #Packers and CB Sam Shields. Return "50/50" for now.


i just hope he dont pull a tramon williams.

im so sick of guys playing hard in there last year


pull a Tramon Williams? Injure his shoulder so badly it takes multiple seasons to recover from the nerve damage?

It hasn't been an effort thing with Tramon.

All this means is negotiations are happening. I take 50/50 as meaning the Packers have made a reasonably fair offer but his agent is whispering to him "hey if we push it to FA, someone might shoot the moon."
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ronald323


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 622
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Ronald323 wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@TyDunne: Conversations continue between #Packers and CB Sam Shields. Return "50/50" for now.


i just hope he dont pull a tramon williams.

im so sick of guys playing hard in there last year


pull a Tramon Williams? Injure his shoulder so badly it takes multiple seasons to recover from the nerve damage?

It hasn't been an effort thing with Tramon.

All this means is negotiations are happening. I take 50/50 as meaning the Packers have made a reasonably fair offer but his agent is whispering to him "hey if we push it to FA, someone might shoot the moon."



are u kidding me?

if Tramon Williams was hurt that bad u know how the packers medical staff act when it comes to injuries, im not buying this crap about his shoulder. he got paid in stop playing just like morgan burnett and aj hawk did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10508
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald323 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Ronald323 wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@TyDunne: Conversations continue between #Packers and CB Sam Shields. Return "50/50" for now.


i just hope he dont pull a tramon williams.

im so sick of guys playing hard in there last year


pull a Tramon Williams? Injure his shoulder so badly it takes multiple seasons to recover from the nerve damage?

It hasn't been an effort thing with Tramon.

All this means is negotiations are happening. I take 50/50 as meaning the Packers have made a reasonably fair offer but his agent is whispering to him "hey if we push it to FA, someone might shoot the moon."



are u kidding me?

if Tramon Williams was hurt that bad u know how the packers medical staff act when it comes to injuries, im not buying this crap about his shoulder. he got paid in stop playing just like morgan burnett and aj hawk did.


LOL!

None of those guys problems were ever EFFORT. Hawk has never had an issue with how hard he plays, and Burnett wasn't an effort issue either. He's just not the right guy to be making the calls back there. The problems with Burnett were mental, not effort or talent related.

I've had a shoulder injury involving nerve damage. It was years before I could do everything I used to without pain at some points. What was the major issue? Physicality and tackling. Yes that is something that is fully believable to be an injury thing and it's been acknowledged.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group