Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agents I Would Call At Least
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnWisconsin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Free Agents I Would Call At Least Reply with quote

FA I would look at....

DL:

LaMarr Houston DE
Arthur Jones DE
Randy Starks DE

LB:

Donald Bulter ILB
Jon Beason ILB

DB:

SAM SHIELDS CB
Malcolm Jenkins S
Antoine Bethea S
Alterraun Verner CB

I want SAMMY back that NEEDS to happen.... but other then that I feel this defense needs a couple of changes in FA and not just the draft.... Drafting and developing is key but we need some game changers up front on defense. I know the whole cap situation but there are ways around it we all have seen them.

My dream off season would be to lock up Sam Shields first then let Raji and Pickett walk. Find a space eater inside on the cheap either in the draft or FA and sign LaMarr Houston to play DE. Houston is 300 pounds but extremely quick of the ball and plays in the back field plus has an attitude we need. Then kick the tires on Jenkins or Bethea to bring the back end together if the price is right. HOUSTON is my dream addition.
OnWisconsin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your dream off season addition... I know everyone will not like mine so throw some names out...
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WITH WHAT MONEY?
mxr124

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnWisconsin wrote:
What is your dream off season addition... I know everyone will not like mine so throw some names out...

My dream off season addition is Brian Orakpo. Keep in mind that I say that not fully understanding what that would mean to our future cap situation. Does that mean that Cobb and/or Nelson are gone in 2015? Then probably not. But I'd really like to see what this team could do with a dominating pass rush. A healthy Matthews and Orakpo would be damn scary!
OnWisconsin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WITH WHAT MONEY?

Contracts can be structured in so many ways it is not even funny.... Look at what A-Rod made this year and it goes down from there... There is always away
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have the room to get a guy or two, likely at the expense of guys like Kuhn, Pickett, Neal, Starks, and/or James Jones. Also big assumption Finley and Raji aren't retained. I wouldn't expect for much, maybe a NT replacement or safety for around 4 million on a shorter deal, any more and we're risking Bulaga or Hawk the year after, IMO, no way Jordy or Cobb get out( I believe the only unsigneds after next year, I think Crosby too).

I would still like to see Tramon restructure/extension, push his cap number from 9.5 to closer to 5 or 6. Could use those saving towards Chris Clemons.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17

Last edited by BrettFavre004 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mxr124

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WITH WHAT MONEY?

Raji's, James Jones', Pickett's, and a portion of Williams' for starters...
gbpacker40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WITH WHAT MONEY?

There is PLENTY of money to sign a few free agents. Like previously mentioned, the way contracts can be structured and restructured (Tramon) there is always room to play around. At one point we offered Raji 8 million but we know he will get less or not be here and people assume that money vanishes? The only MUST HAVE FA that we have is Shields. I think this defense is in for a major over-haul this year and FA's(not ours) will be part of that.

My dream player to get on FA would be...

Ward or Linval Joseph. (Likely, no)

-- Antrel Rolle, on playing against Aaron Rodgers
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk about "how they can structure contracts" reminds me of when I got my first credit card and how I could buy whatever I want and thought it would never come back to bite me.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnWisconsin wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WITH WHAT MONEY?

Contracts can be structured in so many ways it is not even funny.... Look at what A-Rod made this year and it goes down from there... There is always away

We've got roughly 20 million in cash to spend, if that.

That doesn't bring back Shields, or EDS, or either of the TEs, or any of the defensive lineman. It'll be a god damn miracle if we walk out of this offseason with a better team than we walked out of last season with.

Sure, you can structure your contracts, but it screws you in the long run. On top of that, these guys want to get paid immediately. They don't want to put off getting paid. They know ten bucks in the bank is better than twenty five years from now.

We're not signing these guys, it's not possible.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WITH WHAT MONEY?

Raji's, James Jones', Pickett's, and a portion of Williams' for starters...

These guys don't have any money except for Williams, and why the heck would Tramon agree to a paycut? After the season he had, I don't think he's going to have any trouble getting paid by another team.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it before, and I'll repeat. I don't want to restructure Tramon. Let him have his 9.5 in 2014, he will be a FA in 15. Why pay a 32 year old CB, that has been inconsistent the 5+ mil it will take? Eat the contract now and either he earns another good deal or he walks and we replace him with someone much younger and cheaper.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbpacker40 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WITH WHAT MONEY?

There is PLENTY of money to sign a few free agents. Like previously mentioned, the way contracts can be structured and restructured (Tramon) there is always room to play around. At one point we offered Raji 8 million but we know he will get less or not be here and people assume that money vanishes? The only MUST HAVE FA that we have is Shields. I think this defense is in for a major over-haul this year and FA's(not ours) will be part of that.

My dream player to get on FA would be...

Ward or Linval Joseph. (Likely, no)

There's 20 million in cash. Shields, and Ward take up 15 of that. What's the plan at Center and the defensive line?
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
OnWisconsin wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WITH WHAT MONEY?

That doesn't bring back Shields, or EDS, or either of the TEs, or any of the defensive lineman. It'll be a god damn miracle if we walk out of this offseason with a better team than we walked out of last season with.

Laughing

what? You think Shields or EDS are each gonna cost over $20mil?

that's...absurd
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
OnWisconsin wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WITH WHAT MONEY?

Laughing

what? You think Shields or EDS are each gonna cost over $20mil?

that's...absurd

Not what I meant obviously. I meant all of them collectively. Though I wouldn't be surprised if those two together take up 12 million.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: