Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why JERRY KRAMER is not in the HOF?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packerzero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Why JERRY KRAMER is not in the HOF? Reply with quote

what are the reasons?
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason I've heard is that they didn't want to induct everybody from those teams.
PAKKUHRZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough votes
packerzero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAKKUHRZ wrote:
Not enough votes

NOT ENOUGH VOTES?
but itīs been over 40 years
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a moron admitting this, and I should know better, but I did not know he wasn't in.
PAKKUHRZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerzero wrote:
PAKKUHRZ wrote:
Not enough votes

NOT ENOUGH VOTES?

In any of the years since he was nominated, he hasn't received the 80% minimum vote from the selection committee to get in.

Why not? I have no idea, but I think AlexGreen#20 is on the right track.
AmishMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerzero wrote:
PAKKUHRZ wrote:
Not enough votes

NOT ENOUGH VOTES?

Its not like you can accumulate the votes over the years and eventually get enough to get in. Its a fresh vote every year.

The story I once heard is that Kramer was not the friendliest guy to reporters and many of them (now voters) have held a grudge.

Its tough for a guard to get in, there are only 15 of them and at least 2 were from the days of playing both ways. A few of the others also played OT. Just not a position that greatness doesn't show up as easily as at QB/RB/WR/DE/ etc.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During his years of eligibility, he was probably passed because more votes went to those considered more deserving.....And as time has passed, he's become forgotten....No doubt a shame, as he was a critical member on our championship teams....And made a critical block in the "ice bowl"......
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He kinda revolutionized Guard play...

He isn't because only 5 players get in per year. If we got a movement going--we could get him in.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
He kinda revolutionized Guard play...

He isn't because only 5 players get in per year. If we got a movement going--we could get him in.

I don't know how effective an online petition would be, but here's one.....

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kramerhof/
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to get physical appearances from fans to grab writers attention. If writers talked about it they'd have to agree that as long as there aren't 5 sure fire first timers on the ballet, they need to get Kramer in. Or a lot of emails, regularly, to get their attention.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is crazy. There is something to be said for being the very best no matter what it is you do. There was a long stretch there where Kramer was clearly the best in the world at what he did for a living. It's my case for Bettis. Clearly there were others that rate a little higher in terms of star power. But Bettis was the best power back in the game for a long damn time. Also, my case for Ray Guy and Steve Tasker. Hard not to respect THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know his daughter is trying to get the GB faithful all steamed up about the subject. I don't think he'll be out for much longer.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Thing is crazy. There is something to be said for being the very best no matter what it is you do. There was a long stretch there where Kramer was clearly the best in the world at what he did for a living. It's my case for Bettis. Clearly there were others that rate a little higher in terms of star power. But Bettis was the best power back in the game for a long damn time. Also, my case for Ray Guy and Steve Tasker. Hard not to respect THE BEST!
What's your take on Tony Boselli for the Hall?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
What's your take on Tony Boselli for the Hall?

I'm probably the wrong one to ask about Tony Boselli. I feel that man will stand by my lord and saviors side one day..... Laughing

In truth, it's the Terrell Davis story. Was it long enough?

I'll say this. I would much rather have a man in there that was special for a short time than a man in there that was very good for a long time. In that, before the shoulders Boselli was the best lineman I have ever seen. It was a short peak, but the man was truly a monster. Few years there where Boselli was both the best run blocker and pass blocker in the league at the same time. We might NEVER see that again.

Last edited by palmy50 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: