Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers sign FB Ina Liaina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got all the respect in the world for John Kuhn. He's carved out a far more successful NFL career than just about any man could be expected to when you consider what the good lord blessed him with.

He's an excellent guy in pass protection, he's willing on special teams, and he gets to his man in the run game. He guts out tough yardage when he gets the ball and he typically falls forward. He doesn't put the ball on the ground, be it through drops or fumbles.

But he's a mediocre ball player.

He's not a stud in short yardage, and in fact he's not even the best on the team. His 3rd down value is limited because he's not a threat with the ball in his hands, either on draws or in the passing game. He's just not quick enough to even continually move the chains, much less break a big play. His run blocking is forgettable, he'll seal a guy out of the hole if he can get to the spot first, but he's the farthest thing from a road grader. If a Linebacker with even a minimal amount of point ability is standing in the hole, that hole is closed.

Hs just not that talented
superedge88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a lot like Lacy with a little less speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeNzL6xvHGs
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superedge88 wrote:
Looks a lot like Lacy with a little less speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeNzL6xvHGs

He makes my first team all hair team.
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Quinn Johnson better. Wish we had him back.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy nickname for this guy .. "The Hyena".
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get a new FB, I want J.C. Copeland, tbh. May not be the best fit for the system, but he's very fun to watch and does very well for his role. Plus, anyone who watched the NFLPA Bowl saw his personality Laughing
BartStarving

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love another William Henderson type here even if Kuhn stays. This would be good not only for the running game. One thing #12 has lacked in his tenure is a blocker/check-down guy. Mr. Henderson was instrumental in keeping #4 upright for so long.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
If we get a new FB, I want J.C. Copeland, tbh. May not be the best fit for the system, but he's very fun to watch and does very well for his role. Plus, anyone who watched the NFLPA Bowl saw his personality Laughing

Is he quick enough? If there's one thing that became clear after watching Quinn Johnson, it's that where the block gets thrown is just as important as how well the block gets thrown. If there's a true hard charging fullback on the grocery list, I'd rather Prosch from Auburn. If we're looking at BPA, I'd still rather go Milliard.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
justo wrote:

Is he quick enough? If there's one thing that became clear after watching Quinn Johnson, it's that where the block gets thrown is just as important as how well the block gets thrown. If there's a true hard charging fullback on the grocery list, I'd rather Prosch from Auburn. If we're looking at BPA, I'd still rather go Milliard.
I thought the CCU RB was a better FB than Prosch, tbh.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
justo wrote:

I thought the CCU RB was a better FB than Prosch, tbh.

This is where I wish I had the assignment completion stats. Everytime I've watched Prosch specifically, I've been extremely impressed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: