Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers sign FB Ina Liaina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
British

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Comment Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
longjohn68 wrote:
Sounds like a good sign considering Khun is now 30 years old hope he is good

Are people really worried about a 30 year old fullback? He's got at least 2 more good years.

This guy isn't a Kuhn replacement. If it was like a OG, nobody would say a word about him replacing anyone. Yet since Kuhn is a FB and a FA people are reading way too far into this.

That's because our Guards aren't mediocre 30 year olds hitting free agency.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very mixed feelings about Kuhn. I wouldn't mind seeing some more muscle back there blocking for Lacy. Plus who would deny DAT HAIR.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackersTK21 wrote:
Seems like the playmaker we need to take us to the next level.

Should we move him to safety?

I am all for the move because of his Polamalu hair.
byzr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what were the terms on the Mulligan signing? sounds like a camp body to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There's your free agent you whiney fans. Suk it H8erz." -TT
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad sign(smart really). Would have been one of the higher FB grades in this draft class. Much different player than Kuhn though in terms of the skills position. Liaina can really tag ya out there. Like Kuhn, a great special teams player. Will help his odds a great deal come camp. Not saying he will make it but his special teams play and running power more with Lacy will help him. Tough kid!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Not a bad sign(smart really). Would have been one of the higher FB grades in this draft class. Much different player than Kuhn though in terms of the skills position. Liaina can really tag ya out there. Like Kuhn, a great special teams player. Will help his odds a great deal come camp. Not saying he will make it but his special teams play and running power more with Lacy will help him. Tough kid!

You think he's a better lead blocker, palmy?
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

You think he's a better lead blocker, palmy?

This past season was by far Kuhn's best in that area. I still don't view Kuhn as a bull out there though. He might grade out better but there is far more pop to Liaina. Sure as hell has a good bit mure upside than Kuhn in this area. LIS, that kid will really tag ya out there.

It should be said that I am not by any means saying he is a better football player than Kuhn at this point. I hope the money works out for Kuhn in Green Bay. Damn nice guy to have around right there. Very few weak points in Kuhn's game right now. His lead blocking has always been his flaw in my eyes. He would always get to the point. Just didn't have much pop when he got there. Has gotten better there though and the rest of his game is well above league average at position.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any FB the Packers sign of course can be a challenge to John Kuhn, but in reality its more a bargaining chip in contract negotiations. Kuhn made the block that saved the season so he is #1 unless he wants too much money or some young buck comes in and just takes over. I expect Kuhn to be the starting FB next season.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83486&draftyear=2013&genpos=FB
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Comment Reply with quote

British wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
longjohn68 wrote:

Are people really worried about a 30 year old fullback? He's got at least 2 more good years.

This guy isn't a Kuhn replacement. If it was like a OG, nobody would say a word about him replacing anyone. Yet since Kuhn is a FB and a FA people are reading way too far into this.

Kuhn isn't a mediocre football player. People don't appreciate everything he does for this squad. Secondly, I'm not asking we play Kuhn for the next 4 years. 1-2 year deal, work someone in to replace. We have no real backup plan right now. 30 years old is NOT old for a FB. I know Ted has us brainwashed that 30 year old players are all worthless, but Kuhn is hardly falling off a cliff.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Comment Reply with quote

British wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
longjohn68 wrote:

palmy50 wrote:

This past season was by far Kuhn's best in that area. I still don't view Kuhn as a bull out there though. He might grade out better but there is far more pop to Liaina. Sure as hell has a good bit mure upside than Kuhn in this area. LIS, that kid will really tag ya out there.

It should be said that I am not by any means saying he is a better football player than Kuhn at this point. I hope the money works out for Kuhn in Green Bay. Damn nice guy to have around right there. Very few weak points in Kuhn's game right now. His lead blocking has always been his flaw in my eyes. He would always get to the point. Just didn't have much pop when he got there. Has gotten better there though and the rest of his game is well above league average at position.

Seems someone agrees with me.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, Kuhn is one of the reasons the Packers were in the playoffs and ended da Bears season once again(that block he threw on Peppers on Cobb's TD).

The Packers have been keeping 4 TE's and 1 FB for the last few years but does anyone remember when the Packers were keeping 5 of those body types? I think it's completely plausible for the Packers to carry Kuhn and this guy on the roster. He might even be Q's replacement(Q's biggest asset for the Packers down the stretch was being the lead blocker, remember?) or Taylor's even.

Sig brought to you by Justo
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
To be honest, Kuhn is one of the reasons the Packers were in the playoffs and ended da Bears season once again(that block he threw on Peppers on Cobb's TD).

The Packers have been keeping 4 TE's and 1 FB for the last few years but does anyone remember when the Packers were keeping 5 of those body types? I think it's completely plausible for the Packers to carry Kuhn and this guy on the roster. He might even be Q's replacement(Q's biggest asset for the Packers down the stretch was being the lead blocker, remember?) or Taylor's even.

Having seen exactly 1 minute of this guys play on YouTube, my expert opinion is that if he makes this 53, it's in the year 2015. I have zero expectations of him making it this year.

I expect we bring a decent FB prospect in during or after the draft. There's enough ones to like.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuhn saved our season twice against the Bears. He stays.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: