Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Prospects Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't be considered falling if Barr was available at 18.
SDotNova

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's all the Allen Robinson love? I think he is a top 5 WR in this class and wouldn't mind the Jets jumping into the late 1st or early 2nd to get him.

While he didn't show the stretch the field speed (4.59 40), he showed extremely good quickness (7.00 3-cone) and (4.00 shuttle). As a comparison, I read an article that the patriots target slot receivers who run 20 yard shuttles under 4.00. He is in the ball park and is 6'2" 220lbs. His quickness also pops on film.

I see him as a excellent possession receiver who will be a good YAC guy. Seems like an ideal X WR in the WCO.
pegasus0420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: supplemental draft players Reply with quote

•James Boyd, DE, UNLV
•Nate Holloway, DT, UNLV
•Toby Jackson, DE, Central Florida
•DeWayne Peace, WR, Houston
•O.J. Ross, WR, Purdue
•Damond Smith, DB, South Alabama

are any of them worth taking a chance with?
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
It wouldn't be considered falling if Barr was available at 18.
#POWERFUL
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Allen Robinson a lot. I have him ranked pretty high. I seriously dislike Lee. I don't even really like ranking him bc I think he's so overrated. So I have Robinson in that 2nd tier with Adams as great 2nd round targets
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am becoming an increasingly large fan of Dri Archer. I think he could get 5-10 quality touches a game and really make teams have to pay attention to him. I know that giving him more touches than that would probably lead to his early demise, but i think he could be out there more often as a decoy. He would also add a serious threat to our ST.

If he could be had in the 4th i would do that in a heartbeat.
famousj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDotNova wrote:
Where's all the Allen Robinson love? I think he is a top 5 WR in this class and wouldn't mind the Jets jumping into the late 1st or early 2nd to get him.

While he didn't show the stretch the field speed (4.59 40), he showed extremely good quickness (7.00 3-cone) and (4.00 shuttle). As a comparison, I read an article that the patriots target slot receivers who run 20 yard shuttles under 4.00. He is in the ball park and is 6'2" 220lbs. His quickness also pops on film.

I see him as a excellent possession receiver who will be a good YAC guy. Seems like an ideal X WR in the WCO.

I agree. I think the 49ers or Seahawks at the end of the 1st round would grab him.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDotNova wrote:

Meh. Not crazy about Robinson. Doesn't have the most fluid hips or much explosiveness.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
jetfan8178

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interview on NFL Am this morning with Jordan Matthews...

I love this kid... Hes becoming more and more my favorite WR in the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have been buzzing about the Jets presence at the combine and how it could be a sign that the team is actively looking to move up for Sammy Watkins...

I'm not buying it.

Last year, in what some believed to be the weakest draft in the past decade, it only cost Miami a 1st and a 2nd round pick to move up from 12 to 3.

If we were to make the momentous jump from 18 to somewhere in the top 7, it would likely cost us either our 1st, 2nd, two 3rd round picks (if we receive 69th from Tampa) or a 1st, 3rd, and next years 1st. Not quite as much as Atlanta moving from 27th to 6th, but somewhere along those lines.

As much as I would LOVE Watkins, this is going to be our most important draft in the next half-decade. If we are able to build a good foundation with this draft, we should be a competitive franchise for the next 5 years. Mortgaging that many picks could really hurt the team, even if Watkins turns into a perennial all pro. I'd be happy if we landed him, but there could be repercussions.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking about different pairing options if we sign a receiver, draft a guy in the 1st, and draft one in the 3rd.

I think my favorite groupings would be:

Tate or Sanders paired with Matthews or OBJ and Landry.

Props to JMG on the sig
jetfan8178

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant imagine that we would move up, because some of those top 5 teams can move into the first pick easily and still get him from us. I feel like we are scouting alot of propects because we have alot of picks.

I feel like this is the offseason we finally put together all the pieces to make a run.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as i like Watkins, this is such a deep draft that it would be really foolish to move up. We could either get a good WR who might be great, or 3 or 4 good to very good players with those same resources. I really think this is the perfect year to have a lot of draft picks. That coupled with our cap space could turn this team around in a hurry.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan and Idzik realize that depth is needed. A trade up will not happen. My guess they are looking into Bryant. Hes a really nice deep threat and he possesses elite size.

6-5 with a 4.4 forty

Yeah he may be a little raw like Hill was but if we could get him in the 3rd or 4th, it wouldnt be oh so bad.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Just thinking about different pairing options if we sign a receiver, draft a guy in the 1st, and draft one in the 3rd.

I think my favorite groupings would be:

Tate or Sanders paired with Matthews or OBJ and Landry.

I don't see us taking 2 WR's with our first 4 picks on top of signing one. That's overkill. I agree with signing one and drafting one with one of our first two picks. After that there will be a few talents that drop to the 5th (Lattimer, Davis, Herron, Reese, etc). That's where I'd look to find a developmental guy.

I really want to trade back in the draft unless Evans falls to us at #18. Evans in the first and ASJ in the second would be my favorite scenario. In the 3rd I'd look for a CB/FS/OLB with those two.

Evans, Kerley, Sanders, ASJ would be just beautiful. A weapon like Dri Archer in the and one of those developmental guys in the later rounds and you got a nice compliment of size and speed.

Props to Mack on the sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 42 of 100

Jump to: