Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Prospects Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 1800
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Matthews is a reach at 18 personally.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ganggreen1102


Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1193
Location: #HITCHHIKE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I don't think Matthews is a reach at 18 personally.


I don't think so either but Barr has top 5-10 talent and its a position of need
_________________
rampantjet wrote:
You lost me at "falling Sammy Watkins" there is no way he falls, unless a sniper kneecaps him during his 40, and Watkins momentum might get him a 4.4 40 anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianconero


Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Posts: 1266
Location: Polo Lounge
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Idzik saying last year that the draft is meant for talent and Free Agency for need.

I'm curious to see what the board looks like so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superbowlbound


Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2501
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I don't think Matthews is a reach at 18 personally.


I don't think so either but Barr has top 5-10 talent and its a position of need


I'll go for the higher upside guy in Barr

With that said, the Giants will take Barr if he falls to them unless Lewan or a big OLine falls to them
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47512
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I don't think Matthews is a reach at 18 personally.


I don't think so either but Barr has top 5-10 talent and its a position of need


I'll go for the higher upside guy in Barr

With that said, the Giants will take Barr if he falls to them unless Lewan or a big OLine falls to them

Barr in a 4-3? Meh…

I'd take OBJ. And it wouldn't be a reach.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheDot


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 4361
Location: Jets War Room, Patiently Waiting
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I don't think Matthews is a reach at 18 personally.


I don't think so either but Barr has top 5-10 talent and its a position of need


I'll go for the higher upside guy in Barr

With that said, the Giants will take Barr if he falls to them unless Lewan or a big OLine falls to them


Giants would take Barr and play him where??
_________________
TomRalph wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
Blake Bortles looks 40.
I know right. Standing with his mother, they looked like a married couple.

Jameis Winston wrote:
I said, we said, uh, I said


#LuckAllDay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 1800
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Barr's talent is great enough for us to avoid actual needs. Our pass rush was actually pretty good last season and that was with Coples and Barnes missing time. I 100% think we have to go WR or TE with our 1st. If we do go a different direction I'd rather it be a safety actually, our secondary needs help more than pass rush.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rampantjet


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 2155
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I don't think Barr's talent is great enough for us to avoid actual needs. Our pass rush was actually pretty good last season and that was with Coples and Barnes missing time. I 100% think we have to go WR or TE with our 1st. If we do go a different direction I'd rather it be a safety actually, our secondary needs help more than pass rush.


This all depends to much on FA, which hasn't really happened yet. Who knows what our needs will be, hopefully we will have far fewer needs by then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.O


Joined: 11 Jan 2014
Posts: 405
Location: Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id take Barr over OBJ/Cooks/Mathews at 18, the value would be too good their and the WR class is insanely deep so it wouldn't kill us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianconero


Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Posts: 1266
Location: Polo Lounge
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Barr fell to 18 I can 100% see Idzik taking him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Imarobot


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8475
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter King said he thinks the Jets in the first round is the perfect landing spot for Brandin Cooks. Ohhh how happy I would be Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheDot


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 4361
Location: Jets War Room, Patiently Waiting
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Peter King said he thinks the Jets in the first round is the perfect landing spot for Brandin Cooks. Ohhh how happy I would be Very Happy


Peter King said the Jets would go 3-13
_________________
TomRalph wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
Blake Bortles looks 40.
I know right. Standing with his mother, they looked like a married couple.

Jameis Winston wrote:
I said, we said, uh, I said


#LuckAllDay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heymangold


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 399
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't say i'm a fan of Cooks. honestly if Ebron, Cooks and OBJ were sitting there at 18, it'd probably take Ebron, then try and trade back in late 1st for a WR
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7235
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
If Barr fell to 18 I can 100% see Idzik taking him.


Same here and I would love it.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3247
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
If Barr fell to 18 I can 100% see Idzik taking him.


Same here and I would love it.

I would hate it. He's not a top 25 prospect IMO.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 41 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group