Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Prospects Thread 2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: 2014 NFL Draft Prospects Thread 2.0 Reply with quote

Last thread reached 100 pages.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's the better LSU receiver, Landry or Beckham, and why?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:

For me its Landry. I think he will be the better pro. He runs good routes and has great hands, the only thing which will cause him to drop may be his size and forty time. Odell gives you a great return game and can be a nightmare in the slot but for us a i think Landry is the better of the two and i think he will have the better career of the both of them. I can see both doing very well and becoming steals on draft day with the amount of talent at wide receiver. Landry should have stayed with us for another year in my opinion and come out next year.

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:

I would probably go with Beckham only because he's a better route runner, but I love how aggressive Landry is. Dude play like he is 6'4 225. I would be happy with either.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:

Landry. He's been consistently better than Beckham over the past year IMO. I would take him in the 2nd over Beckham. He makes really tough catches and runs nice routes. Not only is he better for us IMO, he's the better receiver overall.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckham is more explosive, but Landry has much better body control, so it depends on if you would rather have. Landry will make the tough catches while Beckham will not make as many, but will be more likely to break one for a big gain unlike Landry. If it's someone to be our #2, I'd rather have Landry.

Props to JMG on the sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just updated my mock in the mock draft thread but wanted to come here and get everyones thoughts on one of my selections.

Aaron Lynch. I've recently fell in love with this guy especially when you keep seeing this 4th round grade on him (I think that's a tremendous steal there). At 6'6" 250lb he's got great measurables. He had a down year but I think it's mostly because of double teams. Rex loves his big edge setters. I really hope he finds his way to the Jets (I'm officially on the bandwagon).

Former 280lb down lineman drop to 245 and wants to be a pass rusher. I think he'd be a great fit here opposite Cope at the other OLB spot.

Props to Mack on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if he's a great scheme fit. Seems more like a 4-3 guy.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

He was a 34 DE at Notre Dame, not sure if he still played that position at South Florida or not though. He does have a similar body type to Coples though, but he is lighter.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
green24 wrote:

He was a 34 DE at Notre Dame, not sure if he still played that position at South Florida or not though. He does have a similar body type to Coples though, but he is lighter.

As great as Coples is for us, I don't see us drafting another one of him. Like I've said in other threads, we need one of our OLBs to at least be capable of dropping into coverage. Coples dropped back less often than Sheldon Richardson this past season.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
green24 wrote:

As great as Coples is for us, I don't see us drafting another one of him. Like I've said in other threads, we need one of our OLBs to at least be capable of dropping into coverage. Coples dropped back less often than Sheldon Richardson this past season.

Agreed, I wouldn't be mad if we added Lynch, but I would have some other guys ahead of him at OLB.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Agreed, I wouldn't be mad if we added Lynch, but I would have some other guys ahead of him at OLB.

I'd like to get a guy that can be like prime Pace with better pass rushing ability. We can afford to draft a raw guy, since he will likely be sitting behind Pace for a year or two.

I want Carl Bradford.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:

I find this debate very interesting.

I think Landry is the better receiver right now (think Boldin/James Jones), but Beckham is the better athlete and has more game-breaking potential.

Again, it all comes down to preference and blend. If your looking for a reliable receiver your ranking Landry higher, if you want a player with big-play potential your going with Beckham.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLB is a position I think we can take a development player in because of our front 7. With Rich, Wilk, Snacks, Coples, Davis, and harris, the rookie will get A LOT of 1-1 oppotunities. I'm not saying that's what we should do, but if we didn't take one early, I wouldn't be mad. If Barnes is not bad, I think he'll go with a combine warrior in the mid rounds.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
I just updated my mock in the mock draft thread but wanted to come here and get everyones thoughts on one of my selections.

Aaron Lynch. I've recently fell in love with this guy especially when you keep seeing this 4th round grade on him (I think that's a tremendous steal there). At 6'6" 250lb he's got great measurables. He had a down year but I think it's mostly because of double teams. Rex loves his big edge setters. I really hope he finds his way to the Jets (I'm officially on the bandwagon).

Former 280lb down lineman drop to 245 and wants to be a pass rusher. I think he'd be a great fit here opposite Cope at the other OLB spot.

Lynch is a developmental guy with a high upside but will take several seasons to develop (if ever)

Lynch would be good value sometime after the mid-4th but there's other guys I like much more at OLB

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: