Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ideal Pick By Round:
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Ideal Pick By Round: Reply with quote

Realistically, who would you want or target in each round?
For me:
1.Sammy Watkins-WR Clemson #1 Receiver
2.Aaron Donald-DT Pitt Future Geno Atkins (could be a 1st round after combine)
3.Gabe Jackson-OG Mississipi State Road Grader LG of the Future
4.Aaron Colvin-CB Oklahoma Potential High 2nd Pre Injury, Great Stash
6.James Wilder Jr.-RB Florida St. Great Pass Pro, Pro styl offense, POWER
7.Shaquill Barrett OLB-Colorado St. Great Pass Rusher, Small School Guy
7.Andre Hal-CB Vandy All the tools just needs mentoring from CWood.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald would dominate Jackson in practice Laughing

#FreeAgent
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been thinking about this, but I know I am in the minority. I know EXACTLY who I want in the first and second without hesitation.
1. Clowney
2. McCarron

Like I said, I know I am definitely in the minority on that. But if I were GM and on the clock those would be my picks right now without a doubt if they were there. If Clowney were not there at 5 I'd probably trade back or go to the next guy on my board which I don't know who it would be because I'm not a GM without a scouting dept.
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Been thinking about this, but I know I am in the minority. I know EXACTLY who I want in the first and second without hesitation.
1. Clowney
2. McCarron

Like I said, I know I am definitely in the minority on that. But if I were GM and on the clock those would be my picks right now without a doubt if they were there. If Clowney were not there at 5 I'd probably trade back or go to the next guy on my board which I don't know who it would be because I'm not a GM without a scouting dept.

AJ McCarron was a game manager at the collegiate level and you want to use our second round pick on him? As of now we have an average offensive line and average weapons and we'd pair that with an average quarterback who was surrounded by elite talent and still never looked spectacular?

For me it'd have to be as follows;

Round 1: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

Round 2: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State

Round 3: Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford

Round 4: Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami

Round 6: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State

Round 7: Marcus Martin, OG/C, USC

That'd give us a cornerstone and elite pass rusher to build around in Clowney, a potential number one receiver in Benjamin, a play making free safety in Reynolds, an offensive lineman with as much potential as any player in the draft in Henderson, and then two developmental guys in Crowell and Martin, who I personally believe at worst could become very solid depth for us.

Duke '14-15 tracker: 14-0 (2-0 ACC); #2 AP, #2 Coaches Poll
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is what I would do.
The thread is about ideal picks, those are mine.
I didn't ask you to agree with it.
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:

Well we can only be thankful that you have no influence in the Raiders front office.

We already have two average quarterbacks on our team. If we're going to invest another early selection on a quarterback we need to bring someone in that can make plays.

Duke '14-15 tracker: 14-0 (2-0 ACC); #2 AP, #2 Coaches Poll
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Well we can only be thankful that you have no influence in the Raiders front office.

We already have two average quarterbacks on our team. If we're going to invest another early selection on a quarterback we need to bring someone in that can make plays.

That's hilarious. You're hilarious. I am very thankful though that you are intricately involved with the Oakland Raiders scouting process and am looking forward to your expertise in the future. We bow to your clear and precise wisdom..

I believe in McCarron as a prospect and that's all there is to it. Since I believe in him above the rest of the QBs in the draft and the ones already on the team, I'd be willing to jump in the 2nd rather than wait and take the chance he isn't there in the 3rd or 4th.
reddevil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
OakleyCap wrote:
holyghost wrote:

That's hilarious. You're hilarious. I am very thankful though that you are intricately involved with the Oakland Raiders scouting process and am looking forward to your expertise in the future. We bow to your clear and precise wisdom..

I believe in McCarron as a prospect and that's all there is to it. Since I believe in him above the rest of the QBs in the draft and the ones already on the team, I'd be willing to jump in the 2nd rather than wait and take the chance he isn't there in the 3rd or 4th.

Where do most draft heads think he'll go? Mayock was talking him up on some of the senior bowl coverage, lambasting him for not participating but putting him in that 2nd tier of players with the likes of Garrapollo and Carr. I haven't heard too much about him in recently. Always quite liked his calmness. Seems like he's got the right temperament. Would probably be disappointed if we picked him up in the 2nd though as this draft is real deep.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have no idea where they think he will go. I saw him mocked in the 4th somewhere, but I found that comical. Because all of the other guys seemed to be picked ahead of him, Mettenberger, Boyd included. He was like the 8th or 10th QB off the board. Now Boyd to me seems like he has almost no pro tools and almost no chance of ever being a pro starter, I can honestly say I wouldn't want to spend a 7th round pick on him. And when I see a mock draft with him in the 2nd or 3rd and McCarron in the 4th, I just don't know what to think of that.
I don't really care either way. If I were scouting for myself, that's what I'd do. I made it very clear I am in the vast minority and STILL had to hear some snotty infantile remark over it.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't we already have mocks for this? and a who's you're favorite at every position thread?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Don't we already have mocks for this? and a who's you're favorite at every position thread?

Position is different than round. If i wanted to list favorites, I could just list off all the stud players at each position. It's more fun to indicate who you might target in each round because it sorta illustrates who would be a good fit and where they might be found. For example, Terrence Brooks in the 4th may hold more significance to the team than just saying "Calvin Pryor", especially because he'll go somewhere in the mid 1st out of our reach.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of difficult to predict who'll be there in later rounds, but in a perfect world:

Round 1 - Jadaveon Clowney DE South Carolina
The RDE we need to help the rest of the D, makes every other player better.

Round 2 - Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh
Penetrating, disruptive force who could excel with Sims and Clowney either side, he may slide due to size but my favourite player in the draft.

Round 3 - Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi
Reinforcements for the OL, although he is huge he still has athleticism but may lack aggression.

Round 4 - Brandon Thomas OG Clemson
Has played LT but in the pros will have to move inside, I'd take a chance on him in the 4th.

Round 5 - Cody Latimer WR Indiana
Not really sure where he'll go but has a good blend of athleticism, physicality and co-ordination.

Round 6 - James White RB Wisconsin
All round back who can block and catch passes and is more shifty than Jennings or Murray.

Round 7 - Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma
I like his aggressive nature and has decent size and good speed. He has been inconsistent and basically rolling the dice at this stage of the draft.

TBH if we get Clowney and Donald I wouldn't care who we got in the rest of the draft!!! Very Happy
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
Kind of difficult to predict who'll be there in later rounds, but in a perfect world:

Penetrating, disruptive force who could excel with Sims and Clowney either side, he may slide due to size but my favourite player in the draft.

Reinforcements for the OL, although he is huge he still has athleticism but may lack aggression.

Has played LT but in the pros will have to move inside, I'd take a chance on him in the 4th.

Not really sure where he'll go but has a good blend of athleticism, physicality and co-ordination.

All round back who can block and catch passes and is more shifty than Jennings or Murray.

I like his aggressive nature and has decent size and good speed. He has been inconsistent and basically rolling the dice at this stage of the draft.

TBH if we get Clowney and Donald I wouldn't care who we got in the rest of the draft!!! Very Happy

Clowney and Donald would be amazing. Just trade the rest of the pick, draft would be over. Laughing Laughing

It's a shame Clowney won't make it to 5. He is EXACTLY what Oakland needs. As you said, he would make everyone better with his pass rush ability. His impact would elevate Hayden and the secondary in a big way.
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darbsk wrote:

Clowney and Donald would be amazing. Just trade the rest of the pick, draft would be over. Laughing Laughing

It's a shame Clowney won't make it to 5. He is EXACTLY what Oakland needs. As you said, he would make everyone better with his pass rush ability. His impact would elevate Hayden and the secondary in a big way.

+1
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darbsk wrote:

+1

If we get those first 2 picks, I will literally poop my pants, take a picture of my soiled pants and post them on this site.

Bolansho Boro Begoz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: