Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fussnputz Mock Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Fussnputz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: The Fussnputz Mock Mock Reply with quote

I call this a mock mock, because I'm not slotting in players, but positions based on strength of the player pool, team needs, and TT's draft history. I'm not a draft guru by any means, but I will offer position slots and let you all fill in the players. I'll assume the Packers get a 3rd and 6th round compensation pick. So their draft order would be:

I think they will resign the following players (or at least try to):
Shields (tagged, if need be)
Kuhn (Arods body guard)
EDS (ascending player)
Jolly (depending on health)
Neal (ascending player, at new position)
Starks (ascending player)
I could be wrong, but these seem like the core and ascending players TT like to target.

Round 1. Best defensive player available. With Williams on the shady side of 30 and Shields on a possible 1 year tag, it is critical to get another corner. Will one of the top 2 slide to #21? (Backup plan: if the top corners are gone, TT will select the best front 7 player on his board.)

Round 2. Based on TT's past behavior, TT takes a WR.

Round 3a. Looks like this years crop of safeties slots in around here.

Round 3b. Nose tackle (or corner, depending on how round 1 works out).

Round 4. Offensive Line.

Round 5. Inside linebacker.

Round 6a. Tight End.

Round 6b. Developmental Quarterback.

Round 7. WR/KR.

OK, draft gurus, debate the position predictions and slot your player choices in, if you care to!
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to keep Starks in his current role. I think it suits him and really works in our offense. But I don't think it's going to happen. We return Harris and Franklin next season and both of them are cheap. I prefer Starks to them, but I think this is a position where the team can save a little bit of cap space.

Kuhn is a player I am really on the fence about. Really comes down to the numbers.

I agree with slotting an OL in the 4th. Ted seems to always take an OL around that time in the draft.

I think all WR and TE picks should just be changed to "pass catcher." I'd say TE is more of a need than WR right now, especially if Finley is out. Should the value be there, your 2nd round WR could very well be a TE.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Mr. Fussnputz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Dave, Thanks for the feedback. I slotted round 2 as a WR based on TT's track record. He seems to like WR in round 2 or 3. With James Jones' loss, and with free agency looming for Nelson and Cobb next year, it seems likely TT will go WR in round 2 or at least 3 depending on how he likes the depth of the current crop of WRs. Or (gasp) he may have to go into free agency for a TE! He did last year.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea here, but I think Ted breaks the mold and doesn't take an OL in the 4th round unless it's a Center. Even then it wouldn't make much sense unless EDS leaves. Much more likely he'd grab an OL with our second comp pick if he drafts one. Also, if Raji walks. Look for 2 DL to be picked rather than 2 WR's. We've got plenty of WR's coming back from last year so if we draft a WR, we draft one. If I'm Cobb or Nelson, I get VERY nervous if Ted drafts a WR early, even if James Jones leaves. That said, I'd have no problems grabbing Jarvis Landry in the 2nd or Marquise Lee if he falls down the board.
Mr. Fussnputz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks again Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas folks! So a pass catcher in the second round, like Landry or Lee. What TE might be there?

As for the first round, I'm thinking Gilbert or Nix. Who is more likely to be there?

I love your ideas and the draft talk! I wish I had your knowledge of the players!
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want nothing to do with Nix. He's banged up, there were questions about his ability to play on a big stage away from home, and he's a bit inconsistent as a player. Give me ASJ in the 2nd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: