You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BF004 Mock Offseason v.019

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: BF004 Mock Offseason v.019 Reply with quote

Trade up with Baltimore Ravens with our 1 and 4.

1-17
*Eric Ebron - TE - North Carolina - Jr - 6-4 250

Gotta keep our offense potent

Trade our 2nd back for a 3 and 4

3-4
Stanley Jean-Baptiste - CB - Nebraska - Sr - 6-3 218

41.5" vertical, 4.45 pro day 40, 6.69 3 cone, what's not to like?

Trade our 3rd and 5th to move up in the 3rd

3-8
*Cody Latimer - WR - Indiana - Jr - 6-3 215

3-Comp
Christian Kirksey - OLB - Iowa - Sr - 6-2 233

Seems to be the forum fav of the week.

4-8
Dontae Johnson - FS - North Carolina State - Sr - 6-2 200

He tackled our first rounder.

5-21
Justin Britt - OT - Missouri - rSr - 6-6 315

Good versatility across the OL.

5-Comp
Tyler Starr - OLB - South Dakota - Sr - 6-4 250

Pair the hair campaign 2.0.

6-21
Bruce Gaston - DT - Purdue - Sr -6-2 310

Like his potential, has some room to had some beef and strengthen up

7-21
Matt Hazel - WR - Coastal Carolina - Sr - 6-1 196

http://sabotagefootball.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/matt-hazel-wr-coastal-carolina-notes-now-with-gifs/
One of my favorite late round gems

Depth Chart
Offense: 24
QB - Aaron Rodgers - Scott Tolzien
RB - Eddy Lacy - James Starks - Dejuan Harris - Jonathon Franklin
FB - John Kuhn
WR - Jordy Nelson - Cody Latimer
WR - Randall Cobb - Jarrett Boykin - Matt Hazel
TE - Eric Ebron - Andrew Quarless - Ryan Taylor - Brandon Bostick
LT - David Bakhtiari
LG - Josh Sitton
C - JC Tretter - Garth Gerhart
RG - TJ Lang - Don Barclay
RT - Bryan Bulaga - Justin Britt

Defense: 26
3T - Mike Daniels - Datone Jones
NT - BJ Raji - Josh Boyd - Bruce Gaston
5T - Datone Jones - Jerel Worthy
Leo - Nick Perry - Julius Peppers - Mike Neal
Mike - AJ Hawk - Sam Barrington
Will - Brad Jones - Christian Kirksey - Jamari Latimore
Sam - Clay Watthews - Tyler Starr
CB - Sam Shields - Casey Hayward - Stanley Jean-Baptiste
CB - Tramon Williams - Davon House
SS - Morgan Burnett - Sean Richardson
FS - Micah Hyde - Dontae Johnson

Special Teams: 3
K - Mason Crosby
P - Tim Masthay
LS - Brett Goode

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAY too many projects.
N. Collins Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WAY too many projects.

Confused

Who?

Read more. Post less.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. Collins Fan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WAY too many projects.

Confused

Who?

Baptiste, Johnson, Britt, Starr, and to an extent Latimer
N. Collins Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
N. Collins Fan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WAY too many projects.

Confused

Who?

Then I guess everyone is a project by your definition.

Read more. Post less.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. Collins Fan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
N. Collins Fan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WAY too many projects.

Confused

Who?

No, just guys who are going to need to seriously change their game.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So either of you care to explain your reasoning, or just plan on making claims with no supporting opinion?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. I like the fresh look. I think a lot of the mocks I see are overlooking the offensive side of the ball, especially with the earlier picks and I liked that you addressed a few needs there early on.

Aside from Starr ( not because of his lack of football talent) i like the picks.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
N. Collins Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
So either of you care to explain your reasoning, or just plan on making claims with no supporting opinion?

What for? Not going to convince him.

Baptiste - a boundary corner would play boundary corner in GB (you never suggested a possibly S convert, so I think this is a safe assumption) How is he more of a project than any other boundary CB? We have drafted press guys and zone guys before... they all have a similar learning curve.

Johnson - a CB/S in school that projects to CB/S in the NFL. Is there a safe CB/S available that I am not aware of? These guys are all prospects and all require some level of projection. Johnson is as risky or safe as any other CB/S.

Britt - a swing OT, we've played rookies numerous times before across the OL. What makes him more of a challenge than others?

Starr - small school OLB... Zombo, Walden, Briggs, Palmer... we're at the end of the 5th-round here, are there supposed to be plug-and-play guys available?

Latimer - very few positions, if any, have a higher bust rate... what more do you want than a guy with the tools that Latimer has?

Read more. Post less.
vegas492

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really an interesting mock! And I'm a fan.

To me, GB has two glaring holes. Safety and tight end. To me, there is no "special" safety in the draft. But there is a special kind of tight end.

Makes sense to trade up to secure him. Makes us better immediately and his potential would be scary with Rodgers for the years to come.

Get an outside corner with size, speed and quickness in the third round? Heck yah. Is he a "project"? Probably. But most corners are when they come out. I like his upside. And he will contribute a little in year 1. IMHO.

I'm not a huge Kirksey fan, but see where he could offer good depth and athletic abiliu to the LB corp.

Measureables on DJ are nice. Hyde is the starting safety. But if he needs to play the slot, DJ is an upgrade to anything we had last year and good value where you got him.

Britt just screams out as a TT pick. You nailed it with versatility. Good spot to take an OL.

I think you took Starr too early, but I'm not going to complain. He is a favorite of mine. He has the intangibles to be great. Kind of limited athletically, but very productive in college. I want him on special teams and I want him learning from Clay. Can't tell you how much I like that kid.

Okay, I know nothing about Gaston or Hazel. But if you were to tell me that we'd come out of the draft with Ebron and SJB I'd be happy. Adding DJ and Starr makes me very happy.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. Collins Fan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
N. Collins Fan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
WAY too many projects.

Confused

Who?

Hahah...I was just about to post the exact same thing. There is a reason these guys make it to rounds 3+...typically it's not their excellent resume combined with off the charts measurable. You sacrifice one of those categories typically in order to get them later.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others have said. I like the fresh look.

I've heard mixed reviews of Ebron. Obviously the talent is there. Some have said he's a pain to deal with- but these reports could also be aimed at dropping his stock considering they're coming from anonymous sources. I'd be comfortable taking him if TT is comfortable. Good move IMO.

I think it's inevitable that we try to trade back at least once in this draft and I could see the second round being a good move back point if a few particular guys are off the board. There might be too much talent still left there to move back too much though. If we ended up with those next two guys at CB and WR I'd be stoked though. Moreso for Latimer. I think he has a great potential for this team.

Would Kirsey play ILB?

Like the Britt pick. Starr has been in a lot of mocks. Maybe we can make a move to bring brooks reed to GB and get all those long silky locks in one city Laughing

Hazel has been talked about a few times now. I'd like him as a late round pick.

Overall I'd be fairly happy with this draft. Just hope we didn't leave any talent in round 2 when we moved back.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how you don't hear Kirksey really at all, then like a week ago a rumor about him and us comes out and he's in every mock Laughing
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. Collins Fan wrote:
BrettFavre004 wrote:

What for? Not going to convince him.

Baptiste - a boundary corner would play boundary corner in GB (you never suggested a possibly S convert, so I think this is a safe assumption) How is he more of a project than any other boundary CB? We have drafted press guys and zone guys before... they all have a similar learning curve.

Johnson - a CB/S in school that projects to CB/S in the NFL. Is there a safe CB/S available that I am not aware of? These guys are all prospects and all require some level of projection. Johnson is as risky or safe as any other CB/S.

Britt - a swing OT, we've played rookies numerous times before across the OL. What makes him more of a challenge than others?

Starr - small school OLB... Zombo, Walden, Briggs, Palmer... we're at the end of the 5th-round here, are there supposed to be plug-and-play guys available?

Latimer - very few positions, if any, have a higher bust rate... what more do you want than a guy with the tools that Latimer has?

Baptiste is a real good athlete whose on field production left something to be desired. He probably wasn't a top 10 DB in his own conference. If you select Baptiste you're placing a ton of faith in your DB coaches to get something out of him, because the guy playing for Nebraska is going to get his [inappropriate/removed] handed to him if he doesn't fix his feet.

Johnson didn't have a set position in college. He played a specific role that is only part of what he would be asked to do at the pro level at either of the spots he's listed at. No matter where you're taking him you need to get him comfortable at a spot full time. How is a player playing a new position not something of a project?

Britt isn't strong enough to play right now. He's LT only in our scheme and there are three guys in house at the moment that you would prefer to give snaps to. He needs to get significantly stronger and whether he can do so is a legitimate question.

As for Starr, that we've taken projects at OLB before doesn't make him not a project? What are you arguing.

Latimer is a good athlete, but he's real raw compared to the rest of the receivers in this class that are going around him except for Benjamin.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: