Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 61: Let the Goode times roll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Returning to AaronCharles' thread--

You don't want a GM with personality. You want an emotionless machine. I bet TT would be a hell of a poker player. Stonewall emotion. Think factually. A lot of GMs make poor decisions based on emotion.

Let the coaches be the emotion.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

You don't want a GM with personality. You want an emotionless machine. I bet TT would be a hell of a poker player. Stonewall emotion. Think factually. A lot of GMs make poor decisions based on emotion.

Let the fans be the emotion.

FIFY
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we really need is one of those old slimy rat-fink looking owners in his private box. I'm thinking the frozen head of Walt Disney. Team him up with Justin Timberlake as GM, cause he's real charismatic, everyone loves him. The league would probably just give up.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked my fantasy basketball team for the first time since the draft. 3rd place. Good thing I have Durant. And it's funny, I had the first overall pick and was like five minutes late to the draft and it auto-picked, and I was pissed that I didn't get LeBron, even though I hate him.

Cool

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
Just checked my fantasy basketball team for the first time since the draft. 3rd place. Good thing I have Durant. And it's funny, I had the first overall pick and was like five minutes late to the draft and it auto-picked, and I was pissed that I didn't get LeBron, even though I hate him.

Cool

Fantasy basketball is really fun. Provided that the group is fun.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing http://youtu.be/RgMQ8ZoaPvc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
Looks like I'm going to one of these Nike coaching camps in March. Meeting with PSU's HC. Might end up working with their program if I decide to go to PSU over UO or WOU. Should be an interesting few months for me.

Can't wait to see how everything plays out at PSU. Was there a few weeks back and I can't tell you how much different it is than it was just a few short years ago. Everything is different, buildings, faces, EVERYTHING!

I take great pride in my time there and how things were done at the time. I do wish the program well though and have very high hopes for the future. Love the Franklin hire as well.

Wish you well Justo. A big part of my heart will always be at the college level. No better feeling than getting a good kid into school no matter how it plays out on the football field. Might go back down the road when the kids get a little older, house is paid off, ect. I love the work. Just no damn money in it, sadly.
Sorry I wasn't clear about this: Portland State not Penn State. I do agree with everything you said, though. Sadly, it always seemed like BOB was a rental if he did well. Once he asked for a lower buyout, it seemed like that was a wrap for him there.

I like Franklin from what I know about him. I don't think he'd move on from PSU as quickly as BOB did. I'm not even sure he'd leave if he built it back up.

I wouldn't be paid much, but having a job in the football program while still in school is better than nothing. Plus, it gets my foot slightly in the door.

Two things:

1) PSU = Portland State........ Shame on you

2) Don't think for a sec that that in bold is not HUGE. I tell cats just getting in the game all the damn time that in many ways I was just willing to walk through doors that had been opened for me by others. Clearly you'll need to prove your worth over time. But many are not even willing to put that first foot in the door!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
Looks like I'm going to one of these Nike coaching camps in March. Meeting with PSU's HC. Might end up working with their program if I decide to go to PSU over UO or WOU. Should be an interesting few months for me.

Can't wait to see how everything plays out at PSU. Was there a few weeks back and I can't tell you how much different it is than it was just a few short years ago. Everything is different, buildings, faces, EVERYTHING!

I take great pride in my time there and how things were done at the time. I do wish the program well though and have very high hopes for the future. Love the Franklin hire as well.

Wish you well Justo. A big part of my heart will always be at the college level. No better feeling than getting a good kid into school no matter how it plays out on the football field. Might go back down the road when the kids get a little older, house is paid off, ect. I love the work. Just no damn money in it, sadly.
Sorry I wasn't clear about this: Portland State not Penn State. I do agree with everything you said, though. Sadly, it always seemed like BOB was a rental if he did well. Once he asked for a lower buyout, it seemed like that was a wrap for him there.

I like Franklin from what I know about him. I don't think he'd move on from PSU as quickly as BOB did. I'm not even sure he'd leave if he built it back up.

I wouldn't be paid much, but having a job in the football program while still in school is better than nothing. Plus, it gets my foot slightly in the door.

Two things:

1) PSU = Portland State........ Shame on you

2) Don't think for a sec that that in bold is not HUGE. I tell cats just getting in the game all the damn time that in many ways I was just willing to walk through doors that had been opened for me by others. Clearly you'll need to prove your worth over time. But many are not even willing to put that first foot in the door!
The distance between Portland and State College is the same between State College and Brazil. Around these parts, PSU is Portland State, but I should have been more specific Laughing

Yup, foot in the door is how you have to go. I figure if I'm going to school there, I might as well get a feel for what it's like and try to get my name out, even if it's only to those on staff.

Got a bit of a taste for the media side. It's okay. I want to know what the team side is like.

#FREEBARRINGTON
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just busting on ya a bit. That's a great school man. Best of luck to you!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

Let the coaches be the emotion.

Speaking of Hauschild JR why didn't he come and post his anti TT stuff in here? Same old Same old AC/Hauschild.
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, stylish has passed away. I think it would be a nice gesture if most (if not all) of the Packers forum wore the avy for a week.

Code:
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/xerxes81/stylishavi_zpsef763508.jpg
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Unfortunately, stylish has passed away. I think it would be a nice gesture if most (if not all) of the Packers forum wore the avy for a week.

Code:

On it.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:

Code:

Thank you, guys.

We have a thread in the Lions forum where posters have been leaving messages. I know Stylish personally so I typed up all the messages and put them together in a nice binder and gave them to the family. They were literally shocked at how many lives he touched here on FF, and I'm going to pass the link to the Stylish thread along to his mom and his wife. If you'd like to go share a post about him or whatever go ahead as they'll likely see it in some capacity whether they come to FF or I pass it along.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad ... that is truly horrible news. He has my prayers.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
Jr911

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

Come work at UW-Whitewater. We winz National Championships!!!

Just graduated from there myself last year...great school much to my surprise. You from there?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 5 of 99

Jump to: