Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 61: Let the Goode times roll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Looks like I'm going to one of these Nike coaching camps in March. Meeting with PSU's HC. Might end up working with their program if I decide to go to PSU over UO or WOU. Should be an interesting few months for me.

Good luck bro. Working w/ a collegiate program would be the shiznat. Keep us posted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I remember that Big Ben vs Rodgers debates from 08 and how Ben was better because he "won". Nice to this forum getting a little smarter, and posters figuring out that winning is a team game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
Looks like I'm going to one of these Nike coaching camps in March. Meeting with PSU's HC. Might end up working with their program if I decide to go to PSU over UO or WOU. Should be an interesting few months for me.

Can't wait to see how everything plays out at PSU. Was there a few weeks back and I can't tell you how much different it is than it was just a few short years ago. Everything is different, buildings, faces, EVERYTHING!

I take great pride in my time there and how things were done at the time. I do wish the program well though and have very high hopes for the future. Love the Franklin hire as well.

Wish you well Justo. A big part of my heart will always be at the college level. No better feeling than getting a good kid into school no matter how it plays out on the football field. Might go back down the road when the kids get a little older, house is paid off, ect. I love the work. Just no damn money in it, sadly.
Sorry I wasn't clear about this: Portland State not Penn State. I do agree with everything you said, though. Sadly, it always seemed like BOB was a rental if he did well. Once he asked for a lower buyout, it seemed like that was a wrap for him there.

I like Franklin from what I know about him. I don't think he'd move on from PSU as quickly as BOB did. I'm not even sure he'd leave if he built it back up.

I wouldn't be paid much, but having a job in the football program while still in school is better than nothing. Plus, it gets my foot slightly in the door.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

Can't wait to see how everything plays out at PSU. Was there a few weeks back and I can't tell you how much different it is than it was just a few short years ago. Everything is different, buildings, faces, EVERYTHING!

I take great pride in my time there and how things were done at the time. I do wish the program well though and have very high hopes for the future. Love the Franklin hire as well.

Wish you well Justo. A big part of my heart will always be at the college level. No better feeling than getting a good kid into school no matter how it plays out on the football field. Might go back down the road when the kids get a little older, house is paid off, ect. I love the work. Just no damn money in it, sadly.
Sorry I wasn't clear about this: Portland State not Penn State. I do agree with everything you said, though. Sadly, it always seemed like BOB was a rental if he did well. Once he asked for a lower buyout, it seemed like that was a wrap for him there.

I like Franklin from what I know about him. I don't think he'd move on from PSU as quickly as BOB did. I'm not even sure he'd leave if he built it back up.

I wouldn't be paid much, but having a job in the football program while still in school is better than nothing. Plus, it gets my foot slightly in the door.

Congratulations man, you deserve it.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

Nice man! Congrats. I applied for a few similar jobs in the GB area(St Norbert is the only college actually in GB that has a football team). I tried the local paper here as well. All they said to me "We already made up our mind, apply again next time."

Sig brought to you by Justo
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Tell me it's not Goodebye! Even if it is, you should go for it, we all know you're built for it.
justo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I appreciate it.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty addicted to the show Gold Rush. Which is great because both my kids are addicted to heavy machinery like that. Awesome show. Would do.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

Give them the scoop on Time Wizard.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

Spent all 5 years on the staff here, wouldn't trade the experiences for anything in the world. Worked my way up to being the recruiting coordinator this year. Good luck to you, I can assure you will have a blast.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

Spent all 5 years on the staff here, wouldn't trade the experiences for anything in the world. Worked my way up to being the recruiting coordinator this year. Good luck to you, I can assure you will have a blast.

Damn there's so many people on here doing football things with their actual lives now...
justo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

thats what I hear. The team bond means more than anything you could do media wise. I know some who quit jobs with teams for more money in the media and regret it. I miss it too since I've been out of football for like four years because of my knee. Still haven't made my decision. I think I'm leaning towards it at this point, though. The real decision is if I want to go to PSU or not.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

Come work at UW-Whitewater. We winz National Championships!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

thats what I hear. The team bond means more than anything you could do media wise. I know some who quit jobs with teams for more money in the media and regret it. I miss it too since I've been out of football for like four years because of my knee. Still haven't made my decision. I think I'm leaning towards it at this point, though. The real decision is if I want to go to PSU or not.
A true PackIR through and through
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks North America looks like a dragon if you think of Central America as a tail, and Canada/Alaska as wings?
Drugs are bad.

Not anymore: I saw it on the news.

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 4 of 99

Jump to: