Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft with trades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
born2ruk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Mock Draft with trades Reply with quote

Love to hear comments, thanks.

Before I start I think I should point out this is based on Boldin, Whitner Brown & Wright not coming back, think they bring back Cox over Wright just based on the last few weeks, plus his ST ability.

1- Lamarcus Joyner, DB, Florida State - This guy is exactly what the 49ers love to target in the draft. He has all the intangibles the coaching staff love, great practice player, team leader, and very smart. He is undersized at 5'8" but he is the best nickel CB in the class, is effective as a blitzer and can play safety.

*TRADE* 49ers send 2nd, 3rd & 7th to NYG
2(NYG)- Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State - 6'2" 210-215, very strong hands and great body control, best asset is his ability to beat defenders in jump ball scenarios. Hands catcher who won't get a ton of separation with his speed, but has the ability to beat defenders with his body. Would prefer Jordan Matthews, but this pick assumes he is gone by this point.

2(KC)- Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas - Can come in and compete for the starting job right away. Smart blocker who is good with his hands and plays with good leverage. Was asked to do more than most centers, pulling both directions and had to get across the face of defenders on the front side of the play.

3(Tenn)- Ahmad Dixon, S, Baylor - Downhill safety who has the range to play either spot. Quick to flow to the line, makes a lot of plays in the backfield. Big hitter who got ejected once for targeting in college, I don't think it will be an issue in the pros.

3(comp)- Carl Bradford, OLB, Arizona State - Think we give Skuta a shot to compete for time inside with Bowman likely missing time. Bradford lives behind the line of scrimmage, makes a ton of tackles for loss. Strong against the run and rushing the passer, think he is a better prospect than Lemonier a year ago and may beat him for play time. Reminds me a bit of Ahmad Brooks.

4- James White, RB, Wisconsin - Gore is due 6.45 million, none of which is guaranteed. Not positive he comes back at that pricetag. White is a great pass protector, who is more than capable as a runner and pass catcher.

5- Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia - Comes in to compete for the backup spot. Has the potential to net us a pick in the future, like Shaub or Kolb.

6- Josh Stewart, WR, Oklahoma State - Quick slot WR who is best as a punt returner. Had a better year receiving as a sophomore with 1200 yards, has ability similar to Kyle Williams, hopefully surer hands.

7(NO)- Shaq Richardson, CB, Arizona - Depth player who the 49ers interviewed at the Shrine game. Good size and athleticism, could be a contributor in the future.

7(Car)- Eathyn Manumaleuna, DL, BYU - Big body who plays with surprising quickness and good leverage. Will play DE for us. Older than most prospects, served a mission & got a medical redshirt.
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan. I can't imagine that Joyner will be on Baalke's radar to be perfectly honest. He averse to selecting smaller guys and I believe he wants to get bigger in the secondary. There are definite questions on whether or not he can hold up at the NFL level. Guys like Mathieu are an exception, not generally a rule.

Starting to like Adams the more i watch. He's very raw, needs to work on his route running a lot. He had a very limited tree in college and played in a more open system that created space for him rather than him creating it on his own. With his lack of elite speed he'll initially have trouble creating separation. He could be a solid red zone target. We are giving up too much for him in the trade though.

Swanson and Dixon are solid, I have no complaints there. Bradford is sort of blah to me; I could see us moving Skuta inside to replace Bowman for the short term, but we may look at a longer term solution to ILB if we fear for that injury; that's a devastating one for an ILB. I'm not really sure how I feel about this pick since there is a lot of uncertainty regarding what we are going to do with the linebacking corps due to Bowman's injury. We will certainly draft an OLB at some point I think. I don't feel like there is necessarily a need to go running back that high, though they may do it. Even without Gore, I'm confident in a rotation of Hunter, LMJ and Lattimore. A running back like Wilder in the 6/7 range could serve just as well.

I'm intrigued by Murray, and I'll be curious to see how the quarterback fallout plays. I still think he's a borderline draftable guy because he doesn't have much of a ceiling. Again, at this point there are possibly other quarterbacks I feel have a much higher ceiling than Murray here (Smith, Matthews, Morris). I'd be good with the Stewart pick; I'm never quite that comfortable with LMJ back there returning punts and I have zero issues with taking a guy later in the draft who's sole responsibility is returning kicks. Richardson is a good pick, though I'll pass on Manumaleuna. I don't mind taking some prospects who are older, but not when they are that raw to boot. There are younger talents out there with just as much ceiling if not higher, even in the seventh round.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Last edited by Forge on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Johnz5429

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of undersize CB in our division and NFL in general need big bodies Adams is not a WR I have interest in
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching Seattle play defense for the past two years I would think we'll be looking for big CBs, not unusually small ones.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take an undersized CB in the 1st, it better be Jason Verrett.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: