Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Discussion Thread #2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: 2014 Draft Discussion Thread #2 Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
So basically what I'm getting for Glennon is:

Get him a great running game
Get him a great o-line
Get him an elite defense
Get him better playcalling

And he might turn into a middle tier quarterback? He might work through his flaws, he might not, but I would much rather take the ups and downs with a quarterback who can emerge as an elite, top tier quarterback afterwards, rather than Glennon who it appears we would be lucky to end up with Alex Smith. It's so easy to say how Glennon will improve, his stats were ok, nowhere to go but up...etc, but why can't he regress. Why is it a given that NFL defensive coordinators won't figure out how to expose his multiple flaws better? Is it just a coincidence that as the year went on, his play declined dramatically?

A rookie with a higher ceiling will go through the same growing pains Glennon will, but can emerge as a better player after.

Middle tier isn't so bad. I'd say it the 12/17 range.

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Cam Newton
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Big Ben
Matt Ryan
Matthew Stafford
Andrew Luck
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Colin Kaepernick
Nick Foles

That's 13 guys for you. Which one of these guys is Carr going to push back? I didn't even include Romo, Eli, Cutler, Alex Smith (r&P home boy), RGIII, Flacco. So the fact that I think Glenno can be a mid tier guy I don't think is too bad. Not every team is going to have a Drew Bress, some teams are going to have to settle for the Romo's and Flacco's. Sorry that you find it funny that I think Glennon will fall short of the 13 guys I listed. Can add Teddy and Johnny to the list as well I guess.

Like I said the if Carr can walk on water like some around here think then no way is he going to last until 7.

Last edited by deuces22wild on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 Draft Discussion Thread x2 Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Like I said the if Carr can walk on water like some around here think then no way is he going to last until 7.

When did I ever specify Carr? I'm not DRD, I'm not as high on him. I've said that whoever the staff identifies as a better ceiling than Glennon, they should take.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 Draft Discussion Thread x2 Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

When did I ever specify Carr? I'm not DRD, I'm not as high on him. I've said that whoever the staff identifies as a better ceiling than Glennon, they should take.

I didn't say you I said some.

From that list a 13 guys I posted is coming in 14,15,16 actually that bad? Sure everyone wants the hall of fame guy but really having a mid tier guy with a monster def and a good ground game is good enough to win in this league.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 Draft Discussion Thread x2 Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I didn't say you I said some.

From that list a 13 guys I posted is coming in 14,15,16 actually that bad? Sure everyone wants the hall of fame guy but really having a mid tier guy with a monster def and a good ground game is good enough to win in this league.

Yeah dueces. That's a lot of pretty good qbs there. Right now where would you rate glennon and compare his "upside" ?

-manning (Peyton)
- Brady
- Rodgers
- Brees
- rivers
- roethlisbuergrr
- luck
- kapernick
- Wilson
- flacco
- Ryan
- Newton
- romo
- Eli manning
- stafford
- cutler
- smith
- dalton
- Tanehill
- Bradford
- Palmer
- foles
- RG III

Those are guys I can easily put ahead of glennon.

That's 23 sure fire qbs better than our own possibly mediocre mike glennon.
Now the qbs he's shown be better than? I'll give him this:
- Geno smith
- Ej Manuel
- oaklands garbage.
- Minnesotas trash
- whatever walks the plank in Cleveland (although Hoyer showed promise)
- * Jacksonville, although henne won 4 games with one of the worst rosters in the nfl.
- *Tennessee ? Fitzpatrick or locker take your pick. Don't like locker but had won some big ball games before injuries.
- Houston's fall of schaub ( give glennon the edge over him )

So where would you put glennon ?
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about right right now. Which other qb on that list though was a rookie that didn't start until week four playing for a coaching who was walking the plank all year with a brutal staff behind him? Where would he be playing with a 9ers team or seahawks team or being coached by bb... higher on the list that's for sure.

Where are you placing Carr or or the truth Graoppolo... I thought so.

EDIT: And you just proved my point. If Carr, Johnny, Bortles, Teddy are who some think they are how are they again going to last until 7?

EDIT: That's right they won't last, but hey why not waste a second round pick on the 5th/6th ranked qb in a deep but not top heavy qb draft so he can push Glennon... waste.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to what Cali and Deuces would tell you, Glennon is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to starting QB's in the NFL.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer Bruce wrote:
Contrary to what Cali and Deuces would tell you, Glennon is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to starting QB's in the NFL.

And what do I tell people Glennon ranks again?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
That's about right right now. Which other qb on that list though was a rookie that didn't start until week four playing for a coaching who was walking the plank all year with a brutal staff behind him? Where would he be playing with a 9ers team or seahawks team or being coached by bb... higher on the list that's for sure.

EDIT: And you just proved my point. If Carr, Johnny, Bortles, Teddy are who some think they are how are they again going to last until 7?

EDIT: That's right they won't last, but hey why not waste a second round pick on the 5th/6th ranked qb in a deep but not top heavy qb draft so he can push Glennon... waste.

Luckily the guy who promised Glennon the starting QB job next season is out of town. Glennon has a chance to be a back up next season.
Buccaneer Bruce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Buccaneer Bruce wrote:

And what do I tell people Glennon ranks again?

Do you think he needs to be replaced for this team to win?
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough I asked Mark Cook from PR what he thought/the feeling for the team after this week of senior bowl practices....

@MarkCook1970 wrote:
@BSH actually I'm backing off that a bit after talking to several at Senior Bowl. Seem excited about Glennon

Looks like Glennon is gonna get his shot or they are playing the smokescreen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Interestingly enough I asked Mark Cook from PR what he thought/the feeling for the team after this week of senior bowl practices....

@MarkCook1970 wrote:
@BSH actually I'm backing off that a bit after talking to several at Senior Bowl. Seem excited about Glennon

I saw that... but if Glennon is our starter next year I hope everyone can stomach a 5-11 season.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer Bruce wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

@MarkCook1970 wrote:

I saw that... but if Glennon is our starter next year I hope everyone can stomach a 5-11 season.

And your solution is who at quarterback?
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer Bruce wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

@MarkCook1970 wrote:

And what do you think out record would be with Carr? Or Manziel?

Not any better then 5-11.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I find Carr to not be a completely awful idea.

I don't like this.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

To be honest chad henne was a bit more impressive than glennon. I mean you talk about talented rosters. There wasn't any in Jacksonville. Won 4 somehow.

But I said look at that list and compare glennons upside to them. Then take the rookies of 2014 Nd compare there upside of glennon and that list.

I have a hard time seeing glennon moving up.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: