Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Hire Jim Schwartz as Defensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
I'm not sure if Gunther or Schwartz was the success for the Lions. But Schwartz was a hot head that everyone wanted fired...He had no discipline football. It was just mistake after mistake. And most teams watch film and correct it for next week. Nope, not this guy. You will see the same penalties over and over...hopefully someone will take over the "dirtiest player" from Suh. Probably Dareus, Usually a DT. Good Luck though Buffalo. The only thing, that was a bad idea was hiring Downing. He's a horrible QB coach and made Stafford worse every year lol.Same thing, never corrected mistakes.

Except Dareus has never had a dirty play in his whole career.

A lot of people, and i mean A LOT of people seem to forget that Marrone is the HC and controls this team. He doesn't put up with nonsense (releasing Da'Rick Rogers, benching Dareus back to back weeks). He won't allow this defense to become dirty. They may take more penalties because of aggression, but honestly I doubt it.

Their defense was more aggressive last year then it will be this year, so I can't see too many cheap shots coming. Marrone would never put up with half the things Suh and others have done.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
I'm not sure if Gunther or Schwartz was the success for the Lions. But Schwartz was a hot head that everyone wanted fired...He had no discipline football. It was just mistake after mistake. And most teams watch film and correct it for next week. Nope, not this guy. You will see the same penalties over and over...hopefully someone will take over the "dirtiest player" from Suh. Probably Dareus, Usually a DT. Good Luck though Buffalo. The only thing, that was a bad idea was hiring Downing. He's a horrible QB coach and made Stafford worse every year lol.Same thing, never corrected mistakes.

Shocked

I am guessing you think evil Jim Schwartz threatened to harm Suh's family if he didn't play "dirty", right? It probably was something Schwartz demanded from the Bills - they offer up one gentle defensive tackle to be evil Jim's on-field thug.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:

A lot of people, and i mean A LOT of people seem to forget that Marrone is the HC and controls this team. He doesn't put up with nonsense (releasing Da'Rick Rogers, benching Dareus back to back weeks). He won't allow this defense to become dirty. They may take more penalties because of aggression, but honestly I doubt it.

Their defense was more aggressive last year then it will be this year, so I can't see too many cheap shots coming. Marrone would never put up with half the things Suh and others have done.
Its crazy how many people are quick to jump to the conclusion that just because Schawrtz is our DC that we all of a sudden become a bunch of thugs. Marrone is a no nonsense guy and I cant see that happening at all. Like Trentwannabe said we probably will get more encroachment and off sides penalties, but Kyle Williams is good for about 2-3 a game anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher gang running the under ground! Dirtiest teams in the league.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's gonna be a show out there in Buffalo.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

So let me get this straight? Because Schwartz is our DC, all of a sudden our players are going to become dirty? And Marrone is going to let it happen?? Yeah ... no, I don't think so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

So let me get this straight? Because Schwartz is our DC, all of a sudden our players are going to become dirty? And Marrone is going to let it happen?? Yeah ... no, I don't think so.

Hmu when Buffalo earns the benefit of the doubt.. Fishers disciples are true there ways! It's like if they were running a fight club esque
environment. It all goes down the line!

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Hmu when Buffalo earns the benefit of the doubt.. Fishers disciples are true there ways! It's like if they were running a fight club esque
You're really contributing to this thread greatly. In fact I wont "hit you up" when we earn the benefit of the doubt, because frankly we aren't a dirty team, none of our players were ever considered dirty by any means. But you can stand by your claim that as soon as Schwartz gets to Buffalo its anarchy. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

You're really contributing to this thread greatly. In fact I wont "hit you up" when we earn the benefit of the doubt, because frankly we aren't a dirty team, none of our players were ever considered dirty by any means. But you can stand by your claim that as soon as Schwartz gets to Buffalo its anarchy. Cheers.

You sound mad? It wasn't my intention.. Bad teams usually take there coordinators personality and Jim is a dirty one.

Buffalo is a bad team and it's yet to be seen! Who knows?
He might turn out no to be dirty..

Where was Buffalo ranked this year as far as penalties go?
Would love to compare to next year.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

You sound mad? It wasn't my intention.. Bad teams usually take there coordinators personality and Jim is a dirty one.

So they'll take their DC's personality, but not their HC? That doesn't make much sense, while Buffalo's record is bad, their defense isn't bad at all.

The Bills had 110 penalties all together, but had 4 personal fouls, 4 unsportsman like conduct, and 4 unnecessary roughness. 61 of the penalties were against the defense.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/buffalo-bills?year=2013

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills fans, don't respond to the trolling. Having Schwartz won't make your team dirty. He didn't enforce discipline while he was in Detroit, so players could do as they wanted.

I do think that you might see a jump in offside penalties, but outside of that Schwartz won't have some huge influence that some feel he will.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Yet when looking at penalties in 2013 Detroit had 1 bad penalty in variety of dirty.......hmmm

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
KingBishop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:

Its crazy how many people are quick to jump to the conclusion that just because Schawrtz is our DC that we all of a sudden become a bunch of thugs. Marrone is a no nonsense guy and I cant see that happening at all. Like Trentwannabe said we probably will get more encroachment and off sides penalties, but Kyle Williams is good for about 2-3 a game anyway.

Just another scorned fan trying to start a dumpster fire. Schwartz must not have kissed on the mouth or something
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

So they'll take their DC's personality, but not their HC? That doesn't make much sense, while Buffalo's record is bad, their defense isn't bad at all.

The Bills had 110 penalties all together, but had 4 personal fouls, 4 unsportsman like conduct, and 4 unnecessary roughness. 61 of the penalties were against the defense.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/buffalo-bills?year=2013
Pettine is a disciplinarian. Schwartz isn't that, but I don't know if you'll see a huge jump with Schwartz. Maybe you'll see a couple more penalties with one less voice in the players' ears keeping them under check.
QcFootballFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont repeat what others have already said, but will add:
So for how many years Lions fans were outrage about the vandeta against Suh and the Lions in general. There was no problem, it was the ref or the media or whatelse, but now that Shwartz is gone, it seems Lions fans now admit they did some dirty play, but it was the coach fault! Hey, maybe your right, but A lot of people changed their stance in not so much time.
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Get ready to be the most penalize team in the league!
Is everyone forgetting that he isnt going to be our HEAD COACH, Marrone is a no nonsense guy, and they type of play wont be tolerated. While Schawrtz was the DC in Tenn, they werent a dirty team, save for Haynesworth stomping Gurode's head.

Rolling Eyes

You forget Courtland Finnegan, the dirtiest of them all.

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: