Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ Haydens potential?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What type of player will Hayden become?
A lockdown corner (Sherman, Revis tier)
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Good but not elite corner
57%
 57%  [ 19 ]
Above average starter
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Average starter
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Rotational corner
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Complete bust
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Dude looked alarmingly bad last year, hopefully he can step it up.

Laughing No he didn't.

He had one alarmingly bad game, but flashed high potential in others. It took Dee Milliner until week 15 to even play well, yet no one mentions him as a bad player.

+1. I kinda did several times. Guy is a bad tackler too.

Hayden needs the reps. Missed practice time then the groin injury happened.

Eagles lit up plenty of corners after that game so it wasn't like Hayden was just garbage.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he looked good for the most part. I didn't really see him get burnt too many times, had enough passes completed on him but the coverage was usually pretty good. Tough to say with our secondary though, put him in seattle and i think we're asking "is DJ Hayden an elite CB?" lol
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Laughing No he didn't.

He had one alarmingly bad game, but flashed high potential in others. It took Dee Milliner until week 15 to even play well, yet no one mentions him as a bad player.

Eagles lit up plenty of corners after that game so it wasn't like Hayden was just garbage.

Exactly. Hayden is a punching bag unrightfully so to some people. Granted, sometimes he did get roasted. But I expect him to bounce back next year at least a little. He strikes me as the kind of CB who usually has solid coverage but is around for playmaking ability. And we saw that a bit last year with his SD INT and the FF. He's got a nose for the ball and is usually in good position. Like you said and I agree, I think he just needs more time to adjust. I really hope we retain CWood one more year to mentor him. I'd love it.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Laughing No he didn't.

Exactly. Hayden is a punching bag unrightfully so to some people. Granted, sometimes he did get roasted. But I expect him to bounce back next year at least a little. He strikes me as the kind of CB who usually has solid coverage but is around for playmaking ability. And we saw that a bit last year with his SD INT and the FF. He's got a nose for the ball and is usually in good position. Like you said and I agree, I think he just needs more time to adjust. I really hope we retain CWood one more year to mentor him. I'd love it.

Don't forget that our CB play went downhill big time after he was put on IR...
rodya

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hayden flashed enough to be hopeful. you can't expect a pure rookie who missed a lot of practice time and really hadn't played much football in a long while to come into the nfl and be deion sanders. corner is so tough to play but he has the feet and the quickness and natural feel to be real good. he needs to get bigger and not think so much. he has a chance to justify the pick but everyone wants immediate results in this day of instant gratification and ADD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: