Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jermichael Finley comeback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2623
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
I just did not notice a drop off in TE production after Finley got hurt. Quarless played extremely well at times and even Bostick made a few plays. I think 8 million per year can be spent more wisely.


um...

Finley - 5 rec, 60 yds, 0.6 TD per game in his 5 games
Quarless - 2.8 rec, 28 yds, 0.2 TD per game when Finley was out

if you didn't notice a drop-off in production you're not very observant.


Hey sunshine I noticed a drop in production in QB play too, and I also noticed Bostic getting more time. NFL stats has Finley at 25 catches in 6 games - thats 4.16 per - of course Quarless isn't as good as Finley but my observation was I didn't notice a significant dropoff. It all comes down to money doesn't it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 6601
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody get your hopes up. What kind of price would they come to with Finley and for how many years? You would still be an insurance policy anyways.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7412
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I don't want him back.

For 6 years it's been potential. The last 2 of those, he was at the very top of the TE pay scale. He's flashed but never delivered on that potential. He's a FA and going to be expecting a decent FA contract, and I just don't see him as being worth it. Yes he was looking good prior to injury this year, but last year he was absolutely lazy. Even if he gets a medium priced 2-3 year deal, are you SURE you know if you are going to get the 2012 version or the 2013 version?

He's had his chance and it's passed. Time to move on.


But what is really sad is he was starting to play very well before that injury! Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7412
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
I just did not notice a drop off in TE production after Finley got hurt. Quarless played extremely well at times and even Bostick made a few plays. I think 8 million per year can be spent more wisely.


um...

Finley - 5 rec, 60 yds, 0.6 TD per game in his 5 games
Quarless - 2.8 rec, 28 yds, 0.2 TD per game when Finley was out

if you didn't notice a drop-off in production you're not very observant.


I thought there was a drop-off too but you supplied the numbers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 29897
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
I just did not notice a drop off in TE production after Finley got hurt. Quarless played extremely well at times and even Bostick made a few plays. I think 8 million per year can be spent more wisely.


um...

Finley - 5 rec, 60 yds, 0.6 TD per game in his 5 games
Quarless - 2.8 rec, 28 yds, 0.2 TD per game when Finley was out

if you didn't notice a drop-off in production you're not very observant.


Hey sunshine I noticed a drop in production in QB play too, and I also noticed Bostic getting more time. NFL stats has Finley at 25 catches in 6 games - thats 4.16 per - of course Quarless isn't as good as Finley but my observation was I didn't notice a significant dropoff. It all comes down to money doesn't it.


He missed the CIN game w/ concussion. He only played in 5 full games.

Not when your initially comment had absolutely nothing to do with money. I called you out on your absurd statement that you didn't see a drop in productivity.

Finley is way, way, way better than anyone else we have and his production is also way better. If you want to introduce more variables now, that's called moving the goalpost.

I'd prefer if you just say "I was wrong, Finley produced more BUT...." and insert another argument if you want to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2623
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
I just did not notice a drop off in TE production after Finley got hurt. Quarless played extremely well at times and even Bostick made a few plays. I think 8 million per year can be spent more wisely.


um...

Finley - 5 rec, 60 yds, 0.6 TD per game in his 5 games
Quarless - 2.8 rec, 28 yds, 0.2 TD per game when Finley was out

if you didn't notice a drop-off in production you're not very observant.


Hey sunshine I noticed a drop in production in QB play too, and I also noticed Bostic getting more time. NFL stats has Finley at 25 catches in 6 games - thats 4.16 per - of course Quarless isn't as good as Finley but my observation was I didn't notice a significant dropoff. It all comes down to money doesn't it.


He missed the CIN game w/ concussion. He only played in 5 full games.

Not when your initially comment had absolutely nothing to do with money. I called you out on your absurd statement that you didn't see a drop in productivity.

Finley is way, way, way better than anyone else we have and his production is also way better. If you want to introduce more variables now, that's called moving the goalpost.

I'd prefer if you just say "I was wrong, Finley produced more BUT...." and insert another argument if you want to.


I stand by what I said - no significant dropoff in TE production, and if you want to pay Finley 8 million per year for an extra catch or two per game then that is your opinion. My opinion is Quarless was not a significant dropoff and he got better as the year went on once the QB position started getting settled better. I have not suggested either that the Packers commit to Quarless but I am suggesting the Packers not over pay for Finley. I have the same opinion about Raji because he wouldn't be money well spent either. I think you alos have to take into account Finley's injury history and his current serious neck injury. Don't be totally surpised if TT drafts a TE in round 1 though I kind of hope it doesn't happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pick6byWoodson


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley would be a really tough one to let go. Like Palmy always says, you don't wanna lose the special ones. He was finally starting to play like he did during late 2009 before that injury too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 29897
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:


I stand by what I said - no significant dropoff in TE production


well that's supported by nothing so it's not a very valuable opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawkfan191


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 410
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers News ‏@PGPackersNews 2m

RT @ProFootballTalk: Jermichael Finley (neck) told me his doctor is 99.9% certain he will be cleared for contact in next 3-4 weeks. #Packers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 3450
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkfan191 wrote:
Packers News ‏@PGPackersNews 2m

RT @ProFootballTalk: Jermichael Finley (neck) told me his doctor is 99.9% certain he will be cleared for contact in next 3-4 weeks. #Packers


I hope it works out, but I won't invest anything in these reports until I see him in green and gold and under contract beyond 2014.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10154
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkfan191 wrote:
Packers News ‏@PGPackersNews 2m

RT @ProFootballTalk: Jermichael Finley (neck) told me his doctor is 99.9% certain he will be cleared for contact in next 3-4 weeks. #Packers


Just because HIS doctor clears him doesn't mean the Packer's doctors will, especially with that sort of injury.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 13578
Location: UW Oshkosh
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Hawkfan191 wrote:
Packers News ‏@PGPackersNews 2m

RT @ProFootballTalk: Jermichael Finley (neck) told me his doctor is 99.9% certain he will be cleared for contact in next 3-4 weeks. #Packers


Just because HIS doctor clears him doesn't mean the Packer's doctors will, especially with that sort of injury.


His doctor is one of the leaders in the NFL in neurological surgeries. I have no doubt he's going to be cleared, people here forget he had the surgery to resume his playing career. The fusion was not required to fix the injury, it would've healed on its own, but to lessen the future risks of playing again, he had a fusion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2623
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:


I stand by what I said - no significant dropoff in TE production


well that's supported by nothing so it's not a very valuable opinion.


Don't forget the average QB rating for non Rodgers QB's was 72.4 vs 104.9 for Rodgers. I don't care if you or some fans want to spend 6 to 8 million keeping an often injured Finley but my opinion is he is not the exceptional talent some are implying. I thought Quarless and at times Bostick played pretty well and I did not see any significant drop off, especially taking into account the drop off in QB play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 13578
Location: UW Oshkosh
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:


I stand by what I said - no significant dropoff in TE production


well that's supported by nothing so it's not a very valuable opinion.


Don't forget the average QB rating for non Rodgers QB's was 72.4 vs 104.9 for Rodgers. I don't care if you or some fans want to spend 6 to 8 million keeping an often injured Finley but my opinion is he is not the exceptional talent some are implying. I thought Quarless and at times Bostick played pretty well and I did not see any significant drop off, especially taking into account the drop off in QB play.


Well Rodgers came back and played the final two games and Quarless caught 3 of his 9 targeted passes. Finley didn't have a game this year below 3 catches. There was a drop-off there, it's just about as obvious as the drop-off in QB play was. The only game where TE play was adequate after Fin's injury was Dallas. I'm not sure how you didn't see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 3967
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:


I stand by what I said - no significant dropoff in TE production


well that's supported by nothing so it's not a very valuable opinion.


Don't forget the average QB rating for non Rodgers QB's was 72.4 vs 104.9 for Rodgers. I don't care if you or some fans want to spend 6 to 8 million keeping an often injured Finley but my opinion is he is not the exceptional talent some are implying. I thought Quarless and at times Bostick played pretty well and I did not see any significant drop off, especially taking into account the drop off in QB play.


Well Rodgers came back and played the final two games and Quarless caught 3 of his 9 targeted passes. Finley didn't have a game this year below 3 catches. There was a drop-off there, it's just about as obvious as the drop-off in QB play was. The only game where TE play was adequate after Fin's injury was Dallas. I'm not sure how you didn't see it.


This. I like Bostick but I would sure not count on him breaking out. That is a bridge too far based on what we saw. TE is a bigger need than advertised unless Finley does come back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group