Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jermichael Finley comeback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ECPackers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop drinking the h8erade bros!

finley is a monster... assuming he's not afraid of contact, how could you NOT want him back?

we're probably losing james jones this offseason... so you ok with nelson, cobb and boykin? LOL, i love all 3 of them guys, but you know one of them'll get injured...we can't afford that... need some receiving depth.
Bucks
Badgers
SDN40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:

finley is a monster... assuming he's not afraid of contact, how could you NOT want him back?

we're probably losing james jones this offseason... so you ok with nelson, cobb and boykin? LOL, i love all 3 of them guys, but you know one of them'll get injured...we can't afford that... need some receiving depth.

You just can't risk 30 million dollars on a guy like that or you will lose Nelson and Cobb and be left with an underacheiving injury risk.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

You just can't risk 30 million dollars on a guy like that or you will lose Nelson and Cobb and be left with an underacheiving injury risk.

Only way I could see him getting a deal even close to that is if he pulls something like Revis did with no sure money. Finley has ten million in the bank waiting for him if he never plays another snap!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:

When has he consistently been a monster? After his ACL he was DEFINITELY shying away from contact for a while, so suggesting it could happen again isn't far out of the realm of possibility.

As far as OK with Nelson, Cobb, and Boykin? TE and WR do both needs to be addressed this offseason, but Finley just came off of a prove it deal that he didn't live up to. If the Packers want to resign him, they are either going to have to give him what he thinks he's worth or let him test the market and hope that it offers him not much and that he won't resent the Packers for lowballing him, because with his performance inconsistency and coming off that injury, that's all he's worth.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SDN40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

Only way I could see him getting a deal even close to that is if he pulls something like Revis did with no sure money. Finley has ten million in the bank waiting for him if he never plays another snap!

I agree wholeheartedly. I take the 10 million and run, but I'm just a lowly architectural designer. Finley may not see the value in 10 million. Sad to say, but these guys are usually the last to see the end. He still has his eyes set on a career that triples that number. Probably

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly. I take the 10 million and run, but I'm just a lowly architectural designer. Finley may not see the value in 10 million. Sad to say, but these guys are usually the last to see the end. He still has his eyes set on a career that triples that number. Probably

That's ten million(none taxed) bills in the bank. All I'm sayin is that MUCH would need to go right for Finley to see that much money post injury.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the injury, Finley was playing solid football. Similar to 2010 when he also got injured. We were on track for great things this year when Finley/Cobb/Rodgers were healthy. I think that gets lost in conversation.

Ive been a Finley supporter here, and if the price is right, i think we should bring him back. Not for 8-10 million/year though.

I also think we should draft the best available TE in the first round. Clinton-Dix wont be available, so that dream can be forgotten. Were going to lose James Jones IMO, so a 2 TE set with 2 above average (Not Bostick/Quarless) players is very appealing to me.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siman08/OH wrote:
Before the injury, Finley was playing solid football. Similar to 2010 when he also got injured. We were on track for great things this year when Finley/Cobb/Rodgers were healthy. I think that gets lost in conversation.

Ive been a Finley supporter here, and if the price is right, i think we should bring him back. Not for 8-10 million/year though.

I also think we should draft the best available TE in the first round. Clinton-Dix wont be available, so that dream can be forgotten. Were going to lose James Jones IMO, so a 2 TE set with 2 above average (Not Bostick/Quarless) players is very appealing to me.
So if somehow CJ Fiedorowicz is the best TE left we should just grab him because? I love CJ as a prospect, I just think using a 1st on him is horrible value. I think drafting a TE in the 1st round ever is kind of poor value. I don't want Ebron or Amaro in the 1st.
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

So if somehow CJ Fiedorowicz is the best TE left we should just grab him because? I love CJ as a prospect, I just think using a 1st on him is horrible value. I think drafting a TE in the 1st round ever is kind of poor value. I don't want Ebron or Amaro in the 1st.

See, i want Ebron or Amaro. We dominate with solid TE play. Are we going to beat San Fran or Seattle with Quarless? No. Two solid TE's and Cobb/Nelson? Yes...yes we do.
gbpacker40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siman08/OH wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

See, i want Ebron or Amaro. We dominate with solid TE play. Are we going to beat San Fran or Seattle with Quarless? No. Two solid TE's and Cobb/Nelson? Yes...yes we do.

We arent beating SF period if we don't improve our defense.

-- Antrel Rolle, on playing against Aaron Rodgers
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbpacker40 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

We arent beating SF period if we don't improve our defense.

So that first pick is the KEY?

Im on team experience. We need to draft some more defensive guys yes, but the key to beating those two teams is adding experience. Young players are not going to get us over the San Fran hump. Being healthy and experienced will.

JMHO.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siman08/OH wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

Twice this year we had a lead in the 4th quarter against the 49ers. Twice and both times we lost. Sorry, I don't care how the offense has played, as a defense you have to close out games and our defense went 0-2 against the 49ers this year. To say we can not beat the 49ers with Quarless seems silly to me. I do agree we are a much better offense with an above average TE, but I think you can find those outside of the 1st round. I don't think you are totally wrong, I just don't like spending a 1st on a TE.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

That's ten million(none taxed) bills in the bank. All I'm sayin is that MUCH would need to go right for Finley to see that much money post injury.

Does he get it if he chooses not to play, or only if he isn't cleared?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did not notice a drop off in TE production after Finley got hurt. Quarless played extremely well at times and even Bostick made a few plays. I think 8 million per year can be spent more wisely.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

Does he get it if he chooses not to play, or only if he isn't cleared?

I believe it is if he is not cleared (aka career ending injury). But something people have mentioned- it is VERY easy to get one doctor to say that your neck injury could affect you for the rest of your career.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: