Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our Defensive Line Woes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
I've always thought that height / size was the biggest drawback to our defensive line. That's kinda a bad point when considering that our best defensive lineman this year was Mike Daniels, who is probably one of the shortest defensive linemen in the league at only six feet tall, but still... Our defensive line is pretty short. In comparison to the Ravens and Texans, our defensive line is over an inch shorter on average.

Do you think the height/size thing is affecting the performance of the group any?
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:
I've always thought that height / size was the biggest drawback to our defensive line. That's kinda a bad point when considering that our best defensive lineman this year was Mike Daniels, who is probably one of the shortest defensive linemen in the league at only six feet tall, but still... Our defensive line is pretty short. In comparison to the Ravens and Texans, our defensive line is over an inch shorter on average.

Do you think the height/size thing is affecting the performance of the group any?

It certainly wouldn't affect a person's effort or talent, but it could have an impact on their effectiveness. This is why height and weight are both measured at the combine. This is also why I was okay with and a bit excited about the Datone Jones pick because he is the tallest defensive lineman we have. Height won't make a defensive lineman, but it can add to their game just like height can be an advantage for a receiver.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:

It certainly wouldn't affect a person's effort or talent, but it could have an impact on their effectiveness. This is why height and weight are both measured at the combine. This is also why I was okay with and a bit excited about the Datone Jones pick because he is the tallest defensive lineman we have. Height won't make a defensive lineman, but it can add to their game just like height can be an advantage for a receiver.

I guess I don't see it. All 6 foot nothing of Daniels was our best player on the defensive line this year, and Datone "too tall" Jones couldn't hold point to save his life, and his inability to maintain leverage almost foresuredly played a big part in that.

Raji isn't failing to generate a pass rush because he's 2 inches too short.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: