Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns hire Mike Pettine as head coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want nothing to do with Manziel.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I want nothing to do with Manziel.

seconded
chris00cm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns backed into a good coaching hire here. I just hope he has better luck than Rex Ryan finding a good coordinator for the offense. The defense will be really good once again.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Browns backed into a good coaching hire here. I just hope he has better luck than Rex Ryan finding a good coordinator for the offense. The defense will be really good once again.

Rex only hired 2 OC, one was very bad (Tony Sparano), the other one is good. (Marty Mornhinweg). Brian Schottenheimer was forced onto him. Problem with our offense now is not the coordinator, its that we have no talent.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:

Yeah, I like this move better than a lot of the candidates they were going after. Kinda wish Pettine stayed in Buffalo though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

Yeah, I like this move better than a lot of the candidates they were going after. Kinda wish Pettine stayed in Buffalo though.

I'm happy he left, I didn't like them running our style of defense.

Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

Yeah a lot of Jets fans seem kinda bitter about Pettine and the Bills for some reason.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

Yeah a lot of Jets fans seem kinda bitter about Pettine and the Bills for some reason.

Which is kinda stupid since he wanted to run a defense and prove he could be a legit DC and he'd have never gotten that chance with the Jets.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
bzane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bzane wrote:
With Brandon Weeden, and Mike "Fallback Option" Pettine, can a Super Bowl be far behind???

Cute

It's a shame you don't have more posts in your time here.

Lot of hurt feelings, there!

- And I sympathize completely. It is a hard thing, being a sports fan in Cleveland lately; the city cannot compete with other markets in attractiveness to professional athletes. Which is unfortunate. You had the unhappy LeBron James affair; and it's a challenge to get free agents to come to Cleveland. How many of them, dollars for dollars, will opt for Cleveland over rival cities? What was that quote from LeBron- "taking my talents to South Beach"-? As opposed to the shores of Lake Erie, and the nightlife of Cleveland. And of course, in the present case of the Browns, the panicky off-with-his-head attitude toward their coaches. hardly lets a team build continuity- or come off as a desirable opportunity for prospective head coaches.

Still! There is hope, as has been pointed out. The extra draft choices; the abundant cap space; the existing Pro Bowl-caliber players. Bills' fans, as in this very thread, are lamenting the loss of Mike Pettine already- besides being an effective defensive coordinator, he may well prove to be a good head coach. AND, if the Browns are lucky enough to hit on a good QB with their draft picks, to go with an improved defense……

Of course, besides what they may or may not do in free-agency, they must make better draft picks than Trent Richardson, or "Nice Guy" Brandon Weeden. And that's up to them.

A new QB; a strong defense-minded coach; a couple of good free agents- it may turn out that Mike "Fallback Option" Pettine was the right choice all along.

Let's hope for the best.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:

Lot of hurt feelings, there!

He says, before proceeding to tell Cleveland fans about Lebron James.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

I'm not bitter, I think he obviously made a smart move because he got a HC job after 1 yr. He had to get out of Rex's shadow, people would just say the success of the defense was Rex. I'm just happy the Bills won't have our scheme on defense anymore because it's a awesome scheme that adapts to players and attacks the offense. It's because they are in our division.

RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad he had to go to... them.

But glad he got a crack at being a head coach. Hopefully he'll do a solid job with 'them' and then get fired so I can cheer him on elsewhere.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad to see Pettine go but happy he gets his chance. I just feel like its late in the game.

Kubiak has already said no to being the OC, and Van Pelt was promoted in GB instead of jumping to Cleveland. It also doesn't look to be 100% that the Bills will let O'Neil out of his contract as LB coach so Pettine could be looking for scraps on his staff. Not a good recipe for a first time HC with no clear franchise QB on the roster.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Bill Callahan could be the OC if Linehan goes to Dallas..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Apparently, Bill Callahan could be the OC if Linehan goes to Dallas..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That would be great.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: