You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns hire Mike Pettine as head coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
The search is finally over. Laughing

What kind of defense will he be implementing.

4-3, 3-4 hybrid with some 3-3-5 thrown in.

Very creative playcaller. His scheming covered up a lot of our backend issues to start the season.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
T-RichIsTheMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally they hired some damn body. now we can move on to free agency and the draft.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
The search is finally over. Laughing

What kind of defense will he be implementing.

4-3, 3-4 hybrid with some 3-3-5 thrown in.

Very creative playcaller. His scheming covered up a lot of our backend issues to start the season.

Well he as experience with the 3-4 with the Jets, as well as most of his career. I doubt he'll be forcing a scheme change at all, considering he said he wouldn't in his press conference. It'll probably be a base 3-4 with some 4-3 speckled in.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Sleazysaint

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As good as the Bills defensive statistics looks great and vastly improved from last year, they got to pad their stats in 4 games against that joke of an O-line that the Dolphins trotted out, and the team with the worst offensive talent in the League in the Jets with Geno Smith at the helm.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleazysaint wrote:
As good as the Bills defensive statistics looks great and vastly improved from last year, they got to pad their stats in 4 games against that joke of an O-line that the Dolphins trotted out, and the team with the worst offensive talent in the League in the Jets with Geno Smith at the helm.

In one of their meetings this year, Geno and the Jets put up 27 points and had 513 yards of total offense against the Bills.

Buffalo did only have 3 games this year when they allowed less than 20 points. Those came at the end of the season against the Jets (14), Buccaneers (6), and Dolphins (0).
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Sleazysaint wrote:

In one of their meetings this year, Geno and the Jets put up 27 points and had 513 yards of total offense against the Bills.

Buffalo did only have 3 games this year when they allowed less than 20 points. Those came at the end of the season against the Jets (14), Buccaneers (6), and Dolphins (0).

Geno put up the bulk of those yards against one guy, who was promptly cut.

Look, I'm not saying the Bills D were world beaters, but you can't appreciate how much better he made them just by looking at the raw numbers. The defense is the only reason we aren't picking top-3.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Sector7G

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be one of those "under the radar" good hires. I hope so, the Browns are due for a few winning seasons.

Best of luck, Cleveland.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him and TJ Ward need to recruit Byrd. Pray
flockadave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude killed the fins this year. good he's out of buf
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

I'm not sure how strong the Byrd-Pettine connection. They were only together for one season and Byrd and the Bills organization didn't exactly get along too well during that one year.
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I'm not sure how strong the Byrd-Pettine connection. They were only together for one season and Byrd and the Bills organization didn't exactly get along too well during that one year.

I know him and TJ played next to each other at Oregon. I'm hoping we get Donnie Henderson. I've read Byrd liked him.
coors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of this time elapsed, and they pull the trigger on Pettine, who they could have had all along? Sure, maybe to the Browns FO doesn't care about public perception very much.. if at all, but this whole process for them seems to have been just a mess..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
All of this time elapsed, and they pull the trigger on Pettine, who they could have had all along? Sure, maybe to the Browns FO doesn't care about public perception very much.. if at all, but this whole process for them seems to have been just a mess..

I don't get it, really. I mean, I get making fun of the Browns for firing what was (in my opinion) a good coach in Chud after a single year. But why does there seem to be so much criticism that the coaching search took so long? If I were looking for a guy to coach my NFL team, I would take as long as it took for me to feel 100% comfortable with a guy. One month is literally nothing (considering there is nothing for a head coach to do but twiddle his thumbs at this time of year), and they should be admired for taking their time instead of making a knee-jerk hire.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Ether

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Bill's fans, he'll be back for the 2015 season Laughing
coors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember back from when the Jets were on Hard Knocks seeing some scenes with Pettine and thinking to myself at the time that "this guy is kind of funny" and thinking that he was a pretty good defensive mind himself, but he would have to take a back seat to Rex because Rex was the HC. Turns out that I was right, he did have a pretty damn good defensive mind. The amount of Bills fans that I have seen in this thread so far already voicing how much that they are going to miss him on their staff because of how great he was at turning their defense around as quickly and efficiently as he did, I don't want to say surprises me at the amount of Bills guys saying it, I'm just not used to I guess seeing Bills fans actually have a coach/coord that they seem to be enamored with.. I do sort of feel bad for the Bills, because they finally had something positive going their way with that defense they were building on.. I hope that at least for Cleveland's sake that he can do similar things for them that he did for the Bills.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: