Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Big Dance of 2014
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you favoring today?
Seattle Seahawks
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Denver Broncos
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: The Big Dance of 2014 Reply with quote

Seattle... Denver... i hear they're going to play a game.

what think ye of the situation...?

In a season that has had plenty of games affected by weather, it’s fitting that the entirety of Super Bowl week could be marred by Mother Nature. Already we know it’s going to be very cold, a circumstance that hardly will be regarded as a surprise in, you know, late January.

Specific forecasts for Super Sunday have yet to emerge, but at least one company that makes its money predicting the weather thinks that another snowstorm could be headed to the New York/New Jersey area on Monday, January 27.

Via Accuweather.com, a train of Alberta Clipper storms that started a couple of weeks ago will continue into next week. Currently, Accuweather.com targets Monday for the arrival of the next system in the New York area. And there there’s this, at the bottom of the article: “Yet another clipper storm may take a similar path a day or two prior to the big game at East Rutherford, N.J.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/23/super-bowl-week-could-start-with-another-snowstorm/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather conditions decent, gimme Denver. If it's sloppy, I'll take Seattle.
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of a cold weather, in the elements, Super Bowl. These things have been a part of football from the beginning. I dislike the NFL's trying to take these items away from the championship game is if playing in a controlled enviroment improves the game. In my opinion, it doesn't.

To the game itself...I really don't care which team wins. I hope that Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson put on a show. I am pulling for Manning because so many "experts" wrote him off after his surgeries. I am pulling for Wilson because he is from my home town of Richmond, VA. I also met his father and his grandfather and know that he comes from a really fine family.

I can't stand Pete Carroll for how he left the USC program in turmoil and he avoided all consequences for HIS actions. That being the case, I might be routing for the Bronco's to win, and for Wilson to be the games MVP...and yes, a member of the losing team has won the MVP title.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos - and it'll be easier than most people think.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know or really care who wins. But, here's a fun story...in 2000, living in Minnesota, my former spouse and I decided to move, because she didn't like Minnesota and I didn't like Kansas...so I told her, there's 2 places I've always wanted to live, so pick one, we'll move there. Option #1 is Seattle. Option #2...Denver. Needless to say, we moved to Seattle and spent nearly 5 years there. I still miss seeing Mt Rainier...

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota has never won a Super Bowl. Seattle has never won a Super Bowl. Until Minnesota wins one I have no interest in seeing Seattle get one. So even though I have no interest in watching the game GO DENVER!
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooting for Seattle, for sure, so Percy can get his ring! Go Perc'!

Peppers90 on the sig.
Gnarly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooting for Seattle but I think Denver will win. Games like this I always get wrong though. Denver's strong O vs Seattle's strong D, like all superbowls, I'm just hoping for a fun game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive always been a fan of Peyton Manning, so I will be going for his team as usual.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Bowl XLVIII is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 2, but the NFL put contingency plans in place to play the game any time between Friday and Monday next weekend.

A storm of massive proportions would have to be in the forecast for the league to make those contingencies a reality. The current forecast for Super Bowl Sunday in East Rutherford, N.J. is for a high of 40 and 30 percent chance of rain or snow. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:25 p.m. ET.

If a major storm or severe temperatures impacts the region, the game could be played anywhere from Friday, Jan. 31 to Monday, Feb. 3. But the NFL said that's a worst-case scenario with a low probability based on current weather models.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-super-bowl-xlviii-date-subject-to-change-20140123,0,6980117.story

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather see the super bowl on Saturdays anyway.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I really don't know or really care who wins. But, here's a fun story...in 2000, living in Minnesota, my former spouse and I decided to move, because she didn't like Minnesota and I didn't like Kansas...so I told her, there's 2 places I've always wanted to live, so pick one, we'll move there. Option #1 is Seattle. Option #2...Denver. Needless to say, we moved to Seattle and spent nearly 5 years there. I still miss seeing Mt Rainier...

I'm debating Seattle, Portland, Denver areas right now.....

Rooting for Denver all the way. Big Manning fan, and I don't want to hear "he's not that good, HE can't win the big one" every again. QB wins is NOT a stat.....
Freakish Mind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
disaacs wrote:

I'm debating Seattle, Portland, Denver areas right now.....

Rooting for Denver all the way. Big Manning fan, and I don't want to hear "he's not that good, HE can't win the big one" every again. QB wins is NOT a stat.....

All good choices. We choose Denver 5 years ago and absolutely love it out here. And surprisingly, the fans here are very die hard and not over aggravating like some other team fans.

So with that said, I'll be rooting for Denver in the Superbowl. Love the aggressiveness of John Elway to put together this team. I don't know how much the east coast will have an effect on the game, but I know Seattle doesn't play well when they have to travel to the east coast. Plus the fact that Eli won one in Peytons house, Now it's Peytons chance to win one in Eli's house.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rooting for.....

...plenty of snow, right before kickoff, which cannot possibly be removed in time before the planned kickoff time. And more snow right before halftime, so the show is cancelled and a replay of a 'The Honeymooners' episode is played on the scoreboard to entertain the remaining fans in the stadium.

Smile

Last edited by Purplexing on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zephiel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Seattle will win.

But I'm just hoping for a good game.

Being that I'm from New Jersey I can tell you that these teams were lucky the game wasn't these past couple days... we got a ton of snow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: