Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bitzman Mock v.2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Bitzman Mock v.2 Reply with quote

2014 Packers Off-Season

The Packers will have the 21st pick.

Awarded a 4th and 6th round compensation picks

Players Leaving

Sam Shields - The one no one wants to see go, but without using the tag Miami/Oakland/Cincy outbids us for his services
Jermichael Finley - Too many questions surrounding him
Marshal Newhouse
CJ Wilson
James Starks
Rob Francois
Ryan Pickett
Matt Flynn - We stick with Tolzien at QB due to cost/upside
MD Jennings - Signed then cut in training camp
EDS - Rolling with Tretter. Hopefully doesnt turn into an MD situation but TT is trying to save $$ anywhere he can.
James Jones - Value diminishing with younger cheaper version in Boykin.

Players Returning

BJ Raji - He tests the market and returns. He gets $5 mil per year base with escalators for performance
Johnny Jolly - Cheap effective option. As long as he is cleared he should be back on the cheap.
Quarless - 2 years around 4-5 mil.
Kuhn - reliable
Mike Neal - Seems happy hear takes a reasonable deal to continue his transformation. Adds depth to OLBs.
Lattimore - small deal to see if he can progress.

Free Agency

After losing out the bidding war on Shields TT uses his money to add a safety:

TJ Ward 4 years - $28 mil

At least he had a pick six to celebrate. Big upgrade for the secondary.

Round 1 Pick 21 - C.J. Mosley ILB Alabama - 6'2 238

Home Run IMO. If Mosley is on the board he should be the selection. He immediately upgrades our suspect ILB core. Adds speed and playmaking ability to a lackluster group.

Round 2 Pick 21 (53rd Overall) - Dee Ford DE/OLB Auburn - 6'2 243

Great player to add OLB depth. Fast and explosive will need some polishing but would be a great pick at this point of the draft.

Trade: TT trades up from #117 to #60 giving up #117 (3rd), #149 (4th) and #181 (5th)

Round 2 pick 28 (60th Overall) - Kyle Fuller CB Va Tech - 6'0 194

This would be steal. With the loss of Shields, Fuller can step in right away and have an impact. The best corner in this draft no one is talking about.

Round 4 Compensatory Pick - Martavis Bryant WR Clemson - 6'4 200

With the number of underclassmen and the amount of WR talent in the draft some are going to slide. Look at Keenan Allen last year. Bryant adds a dimension in the red zone we didnt have after Finely went down. More of a luxury pick at this point could be a steal.

Round 6 Pick 21 (181 Overall) - Justin Britt OT Missouri - 6'6 315

That's Britt downfield laying the wood. Offers solid oline depth to compete for a job.

Round 6 Compensatory Pick - Crockett Gilmore TE Colorado St. - 6'6 253

Big Body with some skills. Developmental TE.

Round 7 Pick 21 (#213 Overall) - Beau Allen NT Wisconsin - 6'3 325

Similar system big body. Depth on the DL.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to sign Ward I'd really like this except for the Britt pick. The GIF for that selection made me lolz. Good stuff.
byzr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you had tagged and traded Shields i would be in love with this mock. no think TT will use the tag on either Shields or Raji?

Mosley at 21 is amazing. we need a field general and Mosley looks to the part.

Ford is one of my favorite prospects he has so much upside.

Bryant would be a pretty big steal in the 4th.

missing a DT back up either in the draft or FA. i'm not a huge fan of resigning Raji just feel like it's time to move onto someone else. the 5 million price tag is not bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't like this draft no matter what happens since you got rid of Shields. nope.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
I can't like this draft no matter what happens since you got rid of Shields. nope.

It broke my heart to put that in there, but wanted to switch it up a little bit. The more and more this drags out the more likely Shields has a new home.
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
if you had tagged and traded Shields i would be in love with this mock. no think TT will use the tag on either Shields or Raji?

Mosley at 21 is amazing. we need a field general and Mosley looks to the part.

Ford is one of my favorite prospects he has so much upside.

Bryant would be a pretty big steal in the 4th.

missing a DT back up either in the draft or FA. i'm not a huge fan of resigning Raji just feel like it's time to move onto someone else. the 5 million price tag is not bad.

Bryant would definitely be a steal, but there will be steals at WRs available this draft. So many underclassmen not enough spots. Just a matter of which one I put in there.
deathstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I hear about Dee Ford, the more his rise seems to look like Cameron Jordan's. A solid college player with good physical tools who dominates at the Senior Bowl and gets taken in the first round.

Otherwise, though, I'd love these first three picks.
BPA_Ted

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any mock I think of I just can't see Mosley falling to us, he just is too good IMO. That being said, he would easily be the BPA and the easy pick. Losing Sheilds hurts, as House is the only one I like on the outside opposite of Tramon and he is usually hurt. Rookies starting at CB scare me.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:
The more I hear about Dee Ford, the more his rise seems to look like Cameron Jordan's. A solid college player with good physical tools who dominates at the Senior Bowl and gets taken in the first round.

He played quite well in the Nat'l Championship game. He's quick, aggressive, and has a variety of pass-rush moves.
Pack-ManJones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Shields go is kind of hard to wrap my mind around but when u think about it from a money standpoint with teams with money big wallets its believable but getting Mosley, Fuller, & Ward makes the team better than '13 by far so I wouldn't mind if the draft went this way
fattlipp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice...

Would love our new D

If we got Ward, Mosley, Ford, Fuller, damn...

Bryant for a Rodgers toy.

I dont think we need another OT, maybe grab another CB there or bump TE up.
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was writing up a draft that was very similar to this in the first few rounds, so I like this. I agree that if we can get a stud playmaking corps, instead of Matthews and ????, it would make a huge difference. I also like using free agency to get our safety. Differences were I picked up Chris Clemons from Miami at Safety as I'm pretty sure Ward will be tagged by Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be available. Picked Moseley and Ford and traded up to get Joyner instead of Fuller, but a great pick nonetheless.

Only other thing is I'd prefer we still keep Shields as we'd have the money to do so with Clemons signing, and let Raji walk if he can't be signed reasonable. I'd also like to pick up someone like Tony McDaniel from Seattle at DL as depth should Pickett and Jolly not be back. Anyway, this is one of the better drafts I've seen.
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacnwpackfan wrote:
I was writing up a draft that was very similar to this in the first few rounds, so I like this. I agree that if we can get a stud playmaking corps, instead of Matthews and ????, it would make a huge difference. I also like using free agency to get our safety. Differences were I picked up Chris Clemons from Miami at Safety as I'm pretty sure Ward will be tagged by Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be available. Picked Moseley and Ford and traded up to get Joyner instead of Fuller, but a great pick nonetheless.

Only other thing is I'd prefer we still keep Shields as we'd have the money to do so with Clemons signing, and let Raji walk if he can't be signed reasonable. I'd also like to pick up someone like Tony McDaniel from Seattle at DL as depth should Pickett and Jolly not be back. Anyway, this is one of the better drafts I've seen.

Appreciate it. I did this one as the best case scenario in my eyes (minus losing shields). I think a Clemons type signing is far more likely and I hope we keep shields. My line of thought was if we get outbid for Shields it is worth a shot to sign a higher caliber FA safety and draft a corner early. If we kept shields, signed a FA safety and let Raji walk finding value in FA on the Dline shouldnt be overly tough but with TT you never know.

I would absolutely love to find a way to get Mosley and Ford. Ford is rising fast however and may be out of the question in the second without a trade up. He looks like he can come in right away and contribute. Our LB core would become a strength barring injury of course.
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
deathstar wrote:

He played quite well in the Nat'l Championship game. He's quick, aggressive, and has a variety of pass-rush moves.

I would advise everyone to watch Dee vs. Cedric Ogbuehi of Texas A&M this year. Matt Miller was talking about it so I looked it up. Dominates against run and pass against a 1st round tackle prospect. Dee could be the real deal.
rbens06

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely would not like Shields gone, but I can understand why/see it as a distinct possibility, especially if he would get onto the open market. I hope we keep him, but depending on his demands it might just be a case where we cannot afford him and still put together a solid roster in the future.

I am starting to warm up to Mosley the more and more I see him, not that I ever disliked him, but never really looked at ILB in the first until I started watching more of him.

I can see Ford as a solid pass rusher for us and wonder if Dom would try and get creative on third downs and play Matthews more in the middle and Perry and Ford on the edges to bring all of our best rushers on the field at once. Hopefully create a lot of confusion/mismatches with some stunts. Plus Ford offers us another rusher for if Matthews and Perry get dinged up again.

I think that Fuller would obviously be a different type of corner than we have in Shields, but I think he can still help the secondary. I think Fuller is going to give us much greater run support and he has shown some good ball skills, but I think he will give up more big plays than Shields did because he does not have the recovery speed that Shield does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: