Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AJ Hawk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Like all of the Packers ILB's not named Barrington, Hawk needs to at some level see it first. That alone will wash out a great deal of that god given skill set. He is also a built up/stiff athlete. That said, before I went on my road trip here I did a full break of the Packers season and felt this was Hawk's best year as a Packer in terms of what it takes to excel in todays NFL. He lost some "dirty work" value with his weight loss. But he is CLEARLY a far more complete player than he was years back.

Packers are lucky to have him. Good football player!

i've been high on barrington since last april, do you see him making an impact sooner than later on this team?

If they don't use a pick there I would be SHOCKED if Barrington doesn't make a very strong push for a starting spot next camp.

i'm rooting for us NOT to use a pick there. Outside of Mosley i'm not seeing anyone that excites me a ton more than Barrington did last year where a potential upgrade would be worth another pick.

Not saying I disagree but I had a higher grade on Barrington than most last year and would like to see him get his look. Barrington has some very real dog in him that the Packers still at some level lack as well.

Was just sayin really.

Does Barrington have coverage abilities and can he be a 3 down guy?

Last edited by Macc_Aviv on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
What?

Looks like

was the line he added.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
What?

Looks like

was the line he added.

Got ya. He is not an elite athlete by any means and a hair on the short side in terms of what you want to see there. But he has a real strong feel for it(as is the case with the rest of his game as well). I don't love him in trail tech but I bet he will hold up well there at large. He is sure as hell going to get his hands on ya.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
What?

Looks like

was the line he added.

Thanks for that. Fixed the post. Loooong day here Laughing
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Like all of the Packers ILB's not named Barrington, Hawk needs to at some level see it first. That alone will wash out a great deal of that god given skill set. He is also a built up/stiff athlete. That said, before I went on my road trip here I did a full break of the Packers season and felt this was Hawk's best year as a Packer in terms of what it takes to excel in todays NFL. He lost some "dirty work" value with his weight loss. But he is CLEARLY a far more complete player than he was years back.

Packers are lucky to have him. Good football player!

i've been high on barrington since last april, do you see him making an impact sooner than later on this team?

If they don't use a pick there I would be SHOCKED if Barrington doesn't make a very strong push for a starting spot next camp.

i'm rooting for us NOT to use a pick there. Outside of Mosley i'm not seeing anyone that excites me a ton more than Barrington did last year where a potential upgrade would be worth another pick.

Not saying I disagree but I had a higher grade on Barrington than most last year and would like to see him get his look. Barrington has some very real dog in him that the Packers still at some level lack as well.

Was just sayin really.

Holy crap Incog, how did you figure that out? This is what I want to get better at. I didn't even have Barrington making the team. And you and Palmy are here talking about how this guy is going to start for us next year possibly. What is it that Barrington does better than B. Jones? Or what about skillset are you most excited about?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be the first to tell you Brad Jones is a MUCH better looking athlete than Barrington is. Barrington gets a good bit more out of what god gave him though. Jones is a better athlete than football player(this is not to say he is a bad football player). Barrington is the other way around. He might not look ideal on paper but the game plays slow for him out there because of his recognition and instincts. Barrington is more in line with what the Packers had in Bishop. I for one just like "that guy" a little more than I do Brad Jones. I also feel Barrington can get more done with less in front of him. Barrington is also a good bit more physical than Jones on a team that needs it.

I'm a sum of all the parts guy. Just think I might lean Barrington there if he plays well in camp. That said, they only make so many athletes like Jones. That's a very fluid, tall, good looking athlete right there. This staff might still love him and truth be told Jones might even be a solid starter with the right hands in the dirt in front of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
and truth be told Jones might even be a solid starter with the right hands in the dirt in front of him.

what changed last year to this for him then?

he looked like a completely different player (played scared & confused honestly) & I feel the pack went in with the best/deepest DL they have ever assembled over TT's tenure

Last edited by driftwood on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, for the AJ hawk fans.... he did the Mohr Stories podcast this past week

http://podcastone.com/Mohr-Stories-with-Jay-Mohr

its a good listen
Frank-O

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could get half as good as we were in 2010, I'd feel a lot better. Our LB corps, outside of Matthews, has to be one of the worst in the NFL.

I miss Bishop! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xMd_y339gU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
and truth be told Jones might even be a solid starter with the right hands in the dirt in front of him.

what changed last year to this for him then?

he looked like a completely different player (played scared & confused honestly) & I feel the pack went in with the best/deepest DL they have ever assembled over TT's tenure

Just how some fans looked at him. Nothing more really. Jones has always been below league average in the run game. Needs a few studs in front of him or you can expose that flaw with very little issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to let Hawk go, show me the near guaranteed upgrade.

He's got at least another couple good years in him. He never gets injured to the point of missing games and isn't exactly an example of a liability to this team.
Skypilot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Hawk is part of the problem. Re-watch the Thanksgiving game v. the Lions (and other games) and you'll see a slow to react, flat-footed player (at the LOS), who twice just stood there within an arms-length of Reggie Bush and essentially waved to the Lions' RB as he ran bye. A third time he initially ran the wrong direction leaving a huge hole for Bush to run through. Only then, did AJ give chase and get an assist some 15 yards down field. Yet people criticize Brad Jones constantly and call for GB to draft an ILB to replace whomever is stationed next to Hawk in any given year. Confused

With regard to AJ Hawk's revered total tackles stats...

Quote:
pile jumper
In a football game, when someone jumps on top of a pile after the tackle is made, so they can get thier name called over the speakers. [and pad their stats] That guy cann't tackle anyboby, he really sucks. He is just a pile jumper.

AJ Hawk is no better than former Packer Paris Lenon, who's playing in the SB this Sunday, yet is the 4th highest player on the team and is paid three times as much as Lenon. He is, however, a TT favorite and that's something Dom Capers has to work around every year. Wink
fan-59

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
AJ Hawk is part of the problem. Re-watch the Thanksgiving game v. the Lions (and other games) and you'll see a slow to react, flat-footed player (at the LOS), who twice just stood there within an arms-length of Reggie Bush and essentially waved to the Lions' RB as he ran bye. A third time he initially ran the wrong direction leaving a huge hole for Bush to run through. Only then, did AJ give chase and get an assist some 15 yards down field. Yet people criticize Brad Jones constantly and call for GB to draft an ILB to replace whomever is stationed next to Hawk in any given year. Confused

With regard to AJ Hawk's revered total tackles stats...

Quote:
pile jumper
In a football game, when someone jumps on top of a pile after the tackle is made, so they can get thier name called over the speakers. [and pad their stats] That guy cann't tackle anyboby, he really sucks. He is just a pile jumper.

AJ Hawk is no better than former Packer Paris Lenon, who's playing in the SB this Sunday, yet is the 4th highest player on the team and is paid three times as much as Lenon. He is, however, a TT favorite and that's something Dom Capers has to work around every year. Wink

yep, problem is he has become hard to replace, experiance and consistancy count and Hawk has that in spades.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupidity runs rampant in this thread. Pile jumper?

Sig brought to you by Justo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: