Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AJ Hawk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
Brilliant. Move on from your teams leading tackler and QB of the front 7. He has consistently been the top or near the top tacklers on the team since drafted, he does nothing but make plays. Game after game. Give a defense 11 AJ Hawks and you'll have one of the very best defenses in the league. Everybody will be on the same page and in the right position, and everyone will make tackles and plays. Wow.

Applause

Yeah, let's get rid of a guy who was picked in the top-10 but never became Sean Lee but did become a solid player. Yeah, we really reached on the best tackler on the team who ran a 4.5 40 for a 250 lb. ILB who also had 3 sacks in one game last year and then drafted Daryn Colledge who gave us a few good years at LG and then Jennings in the next round and then Johnny Jolly a few rounds later, but I guess that wasn't when we were drafting playmakers.

People will dog me for my criticism of Tramon Williams when he's played like crap the past 3 years(sparing a couple plays here and there), yet AJ Hawk's the problem on that defense. Puh-leeease...
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Yeah, let's get rid of a guy who was picked in the top-10 but never became Sean Lee but did become a solid player. Yeah, we really reached on the best tackler on the team who ran a 4.5 40 for a 250 lb. ILB who also had 3 sacks in one game last year and then drafted Daryn Colledge who gave us a few good years at LG and then Jennings in the next round and then Johnny Jolly a few rounds later, but I guess that wasn't when we were drafting playmakers.

People will dog me for my criticism of Tramon Williams when he's played like crap the past 3 years(sparing a couple plays here and there), yet AJ Hawk's the problem on that defense. Puh-leeease...

It's pretty clear Tramon hadn't played the same since his arm injury (shoulder?), but I truly believe he's back to one hundred percent. Over the last four or five games this year I would argue he's been as good as the Super Bowl year. I mean he was playing fantastic football. He came up HUGE in the Dallas game and the Niners game, and he hit Kaepernick pretty hard. That's the first time he's HIT somebody in years. I think he's back, and I think people will start to see that this coming year.
MaryTsraining3s

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly believe your seeing the same thing with AJ Hawk as you see with Morgan Burnett. Both guys have the talent, they are just being asked to make up for the trash next to them, which is really holding them back.
Kenrik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:
I truly believe your seeing the same thing with AJ Hawk as you see with Morgan Burnett. Both guys have the talent, they are just being asked to make up for the trash next to them, which is really holding them back.

Are you hoping to get more out of Hawk? I think you could put Willis next to him and he'd still be the same player. He's a solid player and I don't see the issue with that.
pollino14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:

He's been with us for what 8 years? Same average/ below average player,.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.59 40 at 250, i know... right
had elite shuttle and cones as well.
sure as hell doesn't translate to the field at the pro level.

He plays like this generations Brian Noble or John Anderson. Hes in on every tackle but usually 1-2 yards down field from where an elite player would have made it. Those 4-5 yard runs vs 2-3 yard runs kill us. Over the course of 3 downs its a 1st down vs a 3 and out. He just needs to play with more urgency and intensity. I hate to say it , but he was probably on roids at OSU, and when he became a pro and stopped taking them he became more docile and a step slower.
KManX89

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I'd say Brad Jones was more of a liability at ILB this year.

But yeah, ILB needs some definite tweaking, if Mosley falls to us at 21 (and he does according to several mock drafts I've seen and with the needs of all the teams picking before us, it actually could happen), that's a step in the right direction, then ASJ in round 2, then a trade back into the 2nd for Bucannon (as he's the 2nd best S in this class), game, set, match.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Funny, I'd say Brad Jones was more of a liability at ILB this year.

But yeah, ILB needs some definite tweaking, if Mosley falls to us at 21 (and he does according to several mock drafts I've seen and with the needs of all the teams picking before us, it actually could happen), that's a step in the right direction, then ASJ in round 2, then a trade back into the 2nd for Bucannon (as he's the 2nd best S in this class), game, set, match.

Mosley, SBJ, Buchannon, Bryant

would be my ideal 1-4
Kampman74

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
Hawk's not part of the problem Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stop, really. Why don't we keep all of our average to below average players and just continue to march out a below average defense.

Hawk is a guy who is easily replaceable. Great guy, but replaceable.

I think you're confused here... The reason our defense is average is because guys like Hawk are the best players on the defense. I think making sure MD doesn't see the field, getting Lattimore and Jones less snaps, and our never ending resolving door at OLB take precedent.

Bingo, Hawk is the last guy we should be replacing this season. He needs a better inside backer next to him ala Bish. But I cannot wait till this D is so good that Hawk is the weakest player on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like all of the Packers ILB's not named Barrington, Hawk needs to at some level see it first. That alone will wash out a great deal of that god given skill set. He is also a built up/stiff athlete. That said, before I went on my road trip here I did a full break of the Packers season and felt this was Hawk's best year as a Packer in terms of what it takes to excel in todays NFL. He lost some "dirty work" value with his weight loss. But he is CLEARLY a far more complete player than he was years back.

Packers are lucky to have him. Good football player!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Like all of the Packers ILB's not named Barrington, Hawk needs to at some level see it first. That alone will wash out a great deal of that god given skill set. He is also a built up/stiff athlete. That said, before I went on my road trip here I did a full break of the Packers season and felt this was Hawk's best year as a Packer in terms of what it takes to excel in todays NFL. He lost some "dirty work" value with his weight loss. But he is CLEARLY a far more complete player than he was years back.

i've been high on barrington since last april, do you see him making an impact sooner than later on this team?
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
4.59 40 at 250, i know... right
had elite shuttle and cones as well.
sure as hell doesn't translate to the field at the pro level.

He plays like this generations Brian Noble or John Anderson. Hes in on every tackle but usually 1-2 yards down field from where an elite player would have made it. Those 4-5 yard runs vs 2-3 yard runs kill us. Over the course of 3 downs its a 1st down vs a 3 and out. He just needs to play with more urgency and intensity. I hate to say it , but he was probably on roids at OSU, and when he became a pro and stopped taking them he became more docile and a step slower.

Just want to say I don't buy that for one damn sec with Hawk. Packers have had a few of those guys over the years(Neal is a clear case of this) but Hawk is NOT one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

i've been high on barrington since last april, do you see him making an impact sooner than later on this team?

If they don't use a pick there I would be SHOCKED if Barrington doesn't make a very strong push for a starting spot next camp.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

If they don't use a pick there I would be SHOCKED if Barrington doesn't make a very strong push for a starting spot next camp.

i'm rooting for us NOT to use a pick there. Outside of Mosley i'm not seeing anyone that excites me a ton more than Barrington did last year where a potential upgrade would be worth another pick.
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

i'm rooting for us NOT to use a pick there. Outside of Mosley i'm not seeing anyone that excites me a ton more than Barrington did last year where a potential upgrade would be worth another pick.

Not saying I disagree but I had a higher grade on Barrington than most last year and would like to see him get his look. Barrington has some very real dog in him that the Packers still at some level lack as well.

Was just sayin really.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: