Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Let's Build a Packers Big Board Thead
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: The Let's Build a Packers Big Board Thead Reply with quote

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An1odfW2kZpJdDF1UFVnUS1CcFZXTEEzMWxMdFFxTlE&usp=sharing

Doesn't even have to be for FFMD, just for fun as the draft season goes along.

I'll record heights and weights (maybe combine times, too) as they come in. All the Senior Bowl measurements are in here already. NFLDS rankings, but I shuffled the QBs around, and capped off the RBs and special teams (blue level "needs") as 4th rounders.

We don't have to do anything fancy. If there's a grade you disagree with, just come in, explain what you think it should be, and assign the player a/more than one subgrouping.

Subgroupings

QB
RB-3rd down back, traditional back, power back
WR-outside receiver, slot receiver
TE/FB-blocker, fullback, H-back, pass catcher
OL-left tackle, right tackle, guard, center
DL-nose tackle, left end, right end, nickel
OLB-left outside linebacker, right outside linebacker
ILB-strongside inside linebacker, weakside inside linebacker
CB-outside corner, slot corner
S-free safety, safety, strong safety
SPT-kicker, punter, long snapper

We'll also try to strike players who aren't TT types. Non-RBs under 5110 (or 5100 in the case of safeties); OL who haven't played OT or OC in their college careers; etc.

Let's have fun with this.

#FREEBARRINGTON
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sexy. 9/15 would participate.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top three for the Packers are:
1) Clowney(obviouis)
2) Sammy Watkins
3) Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews. I'm starting to lean towards Robinson.

edit-
Do you have the OLB's ranked? I like Ealy a lot in a 4-3 but I couldn't put him over Barr or Mack on our big board. Same with Crichton(he seems like a "safe" prospect but one that doesn't have that much upside. Those guys scare me).

double edit- Funny I posted that then go on twitter and see your answer.

Sig brought to you by Justo
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These always get really ugly and really bad after the first 5-6 picks.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
My top three for the Packers are:
1) Clowney(obviouis)
2) Sammy Watkins
3) Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews. I'm starting to lean towards Robinson.

edit-
Do you have the OLB's ranked? I like Ealy a lot in a 4-3 but I couldn't put him over Barr or Mack on our big board. Same with Crichton(he seems like a "safe" prospect but one that doesn't have that much upside. Those guys scare me).

double edit- Funny I posted that then go on twitter and see your answer.
Laughing Yeah, I haven't put in any other grades for myself. I'll plug them in throughout the day.

#FREEBARRINGTON
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I do mine, I always go position by position with value to the Packers.

I'd start at safety, because it seems to be the position we've all spent the most time investigating. Since I'm bored and this is where I've spent a lot of my time, here's my top safety rankings:

1. Hasean Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama. Late 1st.
2. Ed Reynolds jr, S, Stanford. Mid 2nd.
3. Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville. Late 2nd.
4. Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State. Late 2nd.

Come at me bros.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say if we do this we don't use a poll. People have to post and back it up.

ChaRisMa wrote:

I'd start at safety, because it seems to be the position we've all spent the most time investigating. Since I'm bored and this is where I've spent a lot of my time, here's my top safety rankings:

Come at me bros.

Mine right now are:
1) HaHa
2) Joyner
-----------
3) Pryor
4a) Reynolds
4b) Ward
-----------
5) Bucannon

Bucannon reminds me so much of Kam Chancellor(Not the height but play style). If he's used right you have a pro bowl safety but in order to do so you need a top of the line FS.

edit- You really don't need one, but my point was that his strength is roving the middle of the field in Cov 1 or in the flat in cov 3, etc.

Last edited by ugLymayNe on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

Come at me bros.
I can co-sign those. Jimmie Ward is a 2nd for me, too. Those are the five I could see starting Day 1 in Green Bay.

EDIT: Yo, we need roles for these guys, too. So like we were saying Bucannon probably gets a "S, SS" in his "type" on the doc, right?

#FREEBARRINGTON
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Come at me bros.
I can co-sign those. Jimmie Ward is a 2nd for me, too. Those are the five I could see starting Day 1 in Green Bay.

FLAG: Size. Joyner and Ward both. But I'm considering adding Ward based off the combine measurements. If he's 5'9 1/2 or taller I'm interested. I haven't looked in to him yet. Joyner to me is a guy Ted looks at and says, "let someone else try with that". I can see Calvin Johnson, AP, Marshall/Jeffery all destroying him because of that size.

Edit: I listed those four as "S" because I see them as interchangeable to both safety roles. Ladler for example, I'd list as the most traditional SS.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Come at me bros.

FLAG: Size. Joyner and Ward both. But I'm considering adding Ward based off the combine measurements. If he's 5'9 1/2 or taller I'm interested. I haven't looked in to him yet. Joyner to me is a guy Ted looks at and says, "let someone else try with that". I can see Calvin Johnson, AP, Marshall/Jeffery all destroying him because of that size.

Edit: I listed those four as "S" because I see them as interchangeable to both safety roles. Ladler for example, I'd list as the most traditional SS.

I flagged Joyner but not Ward. If Ward is 5'10", I am keeping him on the board. I do not like the match up you mentioned either, which is why I think you need to draft 2 or get a solid one in FA. Those match ups will always require a lot of 3 S looks from Dom in this scheme IMO.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Come at me bros.

I flagged Joyner but not Ward. If Ward is 5'10", I am keeping him on the board. I do not like the match up you mentioned either, which is why I think you need to draft 2 or get a solid one in FA. Those match ups will always require a lot of 3 S looks from Dom in this scheme IMO.

Hadn't even thought about the 3 safety looks. Plus if Burnett's problem this year wasn't his Hammy and his opposite safety, we could be in a world of hurt.

Above all, I want instinct out of our safeties. I think Burnett couldn't use his instinct because he had no help he could trust.

I do want to keep more DL on the field this year though, and we have plenty of corners who can play a zone.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
When I do mine, I always go position by position with value to the Packers. I'd start at safety, because it seems to be the position we've all spent the most time investigating. Since I'm bored and this is where I've spent a lot of my time, here's my top safety rankings:

Come at me bros.
I can co-sign those. Jimmie Ward is a 2nd for

me, too. Those are the five I could see starting Day 1 in Green Bay.

Hadn't even thought about the 3 safety looks. Plus if Burnett's problem this year wasn't his Hammy and his opposite safety, we could be in a world of hurt.

Above all, I want instinct out of our safeties. I think Burnett couldn't use his instinct because he had no help he could trust.

I do want to keep more DL on the field this year though, and we have plenty of corners who can play a zone.

A lot of truth to that too- you can always use Hyde in that 3rd S look if you get another good CB as well. Hyde is flexible enough to be both that dime CB and that 3rd S IMO.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson isn't a bad 3rd safety to out on the field after another training camp developing either. But I wouldn't shy away from grabbing a second safety in a later round.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:

You guys want to try it this way this offseason? Or possibly post about it then have a thread with a poll where people vote? because people just pick whoever and PF4L is right, these have been UGLY the last few years.

ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

You guys want to try it this way this offseason? Or possibly post about it then have a thread with a poll where people vote? because people just pick whoever and PF4L is right, these have been UGLY the last few years.

Completely agree. Don't want any kind of vote. Ever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: