Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000340599/article/fsu-wr-kelvin-benjamin-blows-off-nfl-team-workout

Apparently Benjamin blew off a NFL HEAD COACH who came in specifically to see him. For a guy who has had a lot of effort questions, was borderline first round and with the depth of this class, this could really drop him. Too many talented receivers in this draft to not be going all out. I don't care how talented this kid "COULD" be, his attitude sucks in my opinion.

His excuse was "he was super tired" Rolling Eyes when the coach made the trip just to see him workout

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:8/TFL:2/Sacks:3/FF:0/FR:0
bigballin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is Jordan Matthews is my #2 WR in this draft class if that says anything...

If you are reading scouting reports saying he can't get separation...please...please just watch the tape. You will see a WR that was the only offensive weapon burning SEC defenses and catching everything. Running every route, a WR that gets hit so hard he pukes. And comes back in the very next play.

Guy is a total beast...I also find it odd how suddenly slow as molasses Mike Evans is capable of stretching the field but Matthews is a possession guy. If you compare the tape Evans is a 4.6-4.7 speed guy on the field and Matthews is a legit 4.4 guy on the field. I would like to see Evans take a screen to the house burning the entire Tennessee defense that had a step or two on him.
Morkim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000340599/article/fsu-wr-kelvin-benjamin-blows-off-nfl-team-workout

Apparently Benjamin blew off a NFL HEAD COACH who came in specifically to see him. For a guy who has had a lot of effort questions, was borderline first round and with the depth of this class, this could really drop him. Too many talented receivers in this draft to not be going all out. I don't care how talented this kid "COULD" be, his attitude sucks in my opinion.

Did you read the whole article?

What if it was his agent who told him to do it, to limit his team workouts so he doesn't murder his stock with an injury?
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read the whole article. Still a statement of the kids immaturity to me even if his agent advised him to do this which I see as unlikely (as it was likely the agent that set up the meeting in the first place).

Blowing off a head coach because you're tired for any reason (personal decision or agent decision) is still a negative. If he's tired from these work outs, how will he make it through OTAs, Rookie camp, pre-season and regular season.

When you self label yourself as lazy, I believe you then need to do everything you can to prove that you've changed. To me this is an indication of more of the same. I can see a lot of early Randy Moss in this kid, great potential and certainly a physical gift, but I think we can all remember Moss standing out wide and not even moving from the line of scrimmage on run plays. No blocking, no effort.
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I did read the whole article. Still a statement of the kids immaturity to me even if his agent advised him to do this which I see as unlikely (as it was likely the agent that set up the meeting in the first place).

Blowing off a head coach because you're tired for any reason (personal decision or agent decision) is still a negative. If he's tired from these work outs, how will he make it through OTAs, Rookie camp, pre-season and regular season.

When you self label yourself as lazy, I believe you then need to do everything you can to prove that you've changed. To me this is an indication of more of the same. I can see a lot of early Randy Moss in this kid, great potential and certainly a physical gift, but I think we can all remember Moss standing out wide and not even moving from the line of scrimmage on run plays. No blocking, no effort.

what team did he blow off? Maybe he did not want to play for that team.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val, doesn't say. But regardless, this is telling I think. Plus, it's not like all the coaches/GMs in the league don't hear about this type of thing. I think it basically re-raises the red flags that he had before this past season where he had overcome some of the questions.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2014/04/15/aaron-murray-pro-day/7756627/

Quote:
Murray met with the Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday night and will interview with the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:8/TFL:2/Sacks:3/FF:0/FR:0
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think other teams scouts must read our boards. Every time we start getting excited about a prospect their draft stock goes up.

kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
I think other teams scouts must read our boards. Every time we start getting excited about a prospect their draft stock goes up.

You're just paranoid....

But seriously after much consideration I wouldn't take Brandin Cooks, ODB Jr, Brandon Thomas, Pryor, Ford or Attaochu in this draft. Too many questions. Better go the safe route with Kelvin Benjamin, re-draft Jamarcus Russel to be the backup and sign Rolando McClain.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: Jamaal Charles
Carries:9/Yds:23/TD:0/YPC:2.6
Rec:5/Yds:23/TD:0
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingseanjohn wrote:
valkrei wrote:

You're just paranoid....

But seriously after much consideration I wouldn't take Brandin Cooks, ODB Jr, Brandon Thomas, Pryor, Ford or Attaochu in this draft. Too many questions. Better go the safe route with Kelvin Benjamin, re-draft Jamarcus Russel to be the backup and sign Rolando McClain.

I think your right, what was I thinking one Jking to rule them all.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go another direction in round one, this is the guy I want in round 3 if he's there. Under-rated speed, can return punts, and if you believe this article the best route runner in the draft. Smith would love a guy that he knew would be where he's supposed to be. If we go WR in round one, and Abberderis falls deeper in the draft (some have concussion concerns) I'd be all over him in later rounds as he would quickly become a BPA type player worth a risk.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything about private work-outs for first round caliber picks? Coming to KC? The only thing I've heard about was a mid-round CB who's name escapes me currently.

Also, saw something talking about if Jacksonville passes on a QB, and one drops, we could be targeted as a trade up partner because we'd like to add more picks.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about private work-outs for first round caliber picks? Coming to KC? The only thing I've heard about was a mid-round CB who's name escapes me currently.

Also, saw something talking about if Jacksonville passes on a QB, and one drops, we could be targeted as a trade up partner because we'd like to add more picks.
Dorsey mentioned that they were meeting with 75% of the prospects at the combine, and I imagine something similar happened at the Senior Bowl.

Seems like he's using the private meetings this year is to find out more about small school prospects, that maybe tape or pro day appearances just wasn't available.

Also, I believe Dorsey is using it as a recruiting tactic. Seems like a lot of guys are UDFA likely, and Dorsey needs to hit on those to succeed this offseason. He was pretty good at turning up the pile for talent last year so we'll see how this goes. Deep class so some talent could go undrafted.

Just my opinion on Dorsey strategy, could be completely wrong though.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I think when you aren't picking in the top 5, you will probably employ a different strategy for your visits. You just don't know who could be there, so spending a lot of a limited number of visits on guys that may not even be available with your first pick may not be the best utilization. And you probably got a good look at all the candidates here in one of the other pre-visit settings, plus your scouts have probably spent more time on those guys to boot.

^ryknowssd on the sig
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I don't really understand the Murray interest. He's a safe player, very much an Alex Smith, but that isn't usually the type of player Reid goes after. He usually takes a more developmental guy, with more upside (Bray).

Makes me wonder if they see Murray as the consummate back-up. Someone like a Matt Flynn who could start, but may not have that certain something. While a guy like Bray is purely developmental and based on up-side.

Could mean we cut Daniel and his stupid contract, which I'm all for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 11 of 37

Jump to: