Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Guy Out Here, I'm Just "Mocking" Around
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: New Guy Out Here, I'm Just "Mocking" Around Reply with quote

gopherwrestler here, im here to show you my mock. 7 rounds, may be a lot of dreaming, but hey its all for fun right? I will not have any trades, or F/A signings on here just a straight out draft.

With the 8th Overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings Select:

QB Johnny Manziel Texas A&M:

not a popular pick for a lot of Vikings fans around here but i absolutely love the kid. he makes plays happen. he can throw the deepball and does have good accuracy. to me if he is available at #8 he is too good of a football player to pass up.

2nd Round

LB Ryan Shazier Ohio State:

probably my favorite player in this draft and it so just happens the vikings may need a little help at the LineBackers position. after watching him fly around the field i learned that this kid is a ball hawk. he loves contact but he does play a little "chippy". he has all of the potential to be a solid player under Zimmer and could develop into one of our best defensive players.

3rd Round

WR Allen Robinson Penn State:

big wide receiver, around 6'3-4" 210lbs can go up and get those jump balls. he doesnt have the best vertical speed but he can get to those soft spots in the zone and get the catch and a few yards after. very solid pick in the 3rd round.

3rd Round (Via SEA)

CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste Nebraska:

kid is a big physical corner that can contest about anything. all of my family is nebraska fans and my father praised him. i myself could not disagree hes fast and big enough to keep up with some of the bigger recievers and can sit in the zone and make the open field tackles.

4th Round

OG Gabe Jackson Mississippi St.

another big guy with some large long arms. quick feet could help in the passing offense to keep some pressure of Manziel (qb of the future) for our minnesota vikings.

5th Round

S Alden Darby Arizona State

would look great playing along side of Smith at safety, physical player that will go up for the ball. 5'11" 190lbs may be a touch on the small side but he can pack a punch as he did in the East-West Shrine game.

6th Round

RB Rajion Neal Tennesee

i dont believe Asiata is the answer to back up AP but Neal is a quick back and can be a solid back-up. he averaged 5.2 yards a run in 2013 and put up 12 TD on the ground. can catch the ball out of the backfield, could be that solid 3rd down back. Average in pass blocking but a small guy that can throw his weight around while running the ball could come up and learn to be a positive pick up for us in the 6th round

7th Round

OLB/DE Tyler Starr South Dakota

small school kid that has the size and potential to be a "Starr" in the NFL. the 6'4" 255 lbs. DE/OLB was talked about by Draft Guru Mel Kiper Jr. as "versitile" and "underrated". he reminds me of clay mathews with his style of play. hard hitting and has excellent pass rush, in the East-West Shrine game practices the coaches said he looked excellent in pass coverages too.

well there is my draft. would love some comments and criticism and feel free to hate on any pick i wont be offended Very Happy

have a great time out there in VikingLand

-gopherwrestler

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”

Last edited by gopherwrestler on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be pretty pumped with that draft. Manziel isn't my favorite, but I'm not opposed to him either at 8, and the Vikings tend to do their homework, I think Manziel has enough talent as long as they don't think he's going to pay too little attention to football.

Edit: PS, to get images to work all the time, the URL you use needs to end with .png, .jpg, etc, so it is a link to the direct file.

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking Manziel at 8 would make the Ponder selection look fantastic.

I just see him busting hard in the NFL. All that running around won't work in today's NFL. At the very best, he's a game manager who throws the ball maybe 10 to 15 times per game. Is that really what we want?

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the comments!

the gnat: totally agree, if he can keep his nose clean and lay off the "partying" a little and keep his eyes on the goal of becoming a great "football player".

steelking728: people can develop, he showed signs of being able to still be a pocket passer. he has a quick release and he can throw accurate enough to be an NFL type player he just has a knack for tucking the ball and taking off when he sees a hole. with Norv Turner there and the possibility of his son i do believe they can teach him to stay in there and throw the ball downfield instead of just running.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge fan of Manziel. I wouldn't be devastated if they took him, but I have a tremendous fear that he'll be Tommy Kramer 2.0, and we'll hear more about him throwing beer cans at his neighbors than throwing TD passes.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd share a Kramer story, but I'd be banned.......

I would be good with that draft. Replace the WR with an DL, and I'd be more good.....

Welcome to the site.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a Manziel fan, so id be fine with drafting him at 8. I also like the Shazier and Baptiste picks.

Solid mock overall, id be happy.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Duff Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great draft, I'd be stoked if it turned out like this!

Only suggestion would be to add a big chubby NT like McCullers or Ellis in the later rounds
Purple blood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love this draft like the south Dakota kid thrown in as well. As far as the manziel pick goes as long as he doesn't take to many big hits (RGlll) I think his style of play would work in todays nfl, maybe not be as successful as tarkenton but successful none the less.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with Manziel at #8. If he falls there, he literally has too much upside to not take. I am not his biggest fan, nor his biggest naysayer. When a guy like him is at your pick, and you need a QB, no one is going to blame you for taking him, even if he busts.

I do like the draft, I could see Shazier not making it to the second round, but he is borderline, so it is possible. I also agree with going DL instead of WR, we are not hurting at wideout, and you D-line is an area where we could improve.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with Manziel at #8. If he falls there, he literally has too much upside to not take. I am not his biggest fan, nor his biggest naysayer. When a guy like him is at your pick, and you need a QB, no one is going to blame you for taking him, even if he busts.

I do like the draft, I could see Shazier not making it to the second round, but he is borderline, so it is possible. I also agree with going DL instead of WR, we are not hurting at wideout, and you D-line is an area where we could improve.

jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:

If Manziel is picked in the top 10 and busts, whoever banged the table for him will be out of a job. It's a major risk.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
NorthCountryEvo wrote:

If Manziel is picked in the top 10 and busts, whoever banged the table for him will be out of a job. It's a major risk.

This can be said for any QB taken in the top 10 though. If we take any QB in the top ten, nay, top 15, Speilman's butt will be on the line, and that QB and the GM's futures will be forever linked.

jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
jshowers wrote:
NorthCountryEvo wrote:

This can be said for any QB taken in the top 10 though. If we take any QB in the top ten, nay, top 15, Speilman's butt will be on the line, and that QB and the GM's futures will be forever linked.

If Luck hadn't panned out nobody would have called it a bad move. Heck, nobody is really that upset about Locker, Ponder, Freeman, or even Sanchez. Sure they were questionable picks, but there was enough there to justify it.

Manziel is different. If Johnny goes top 10 and doesn't pan out, critics of the pick will come out of the woodwork. The hate will be strong.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Thanks guys for the comments!

the gnat: totally agree, if he can keep his nose clean and lay off the "partying" a little and keep his eyes on the goal of becoming a great "football player".

steelking728: people can develop, he showed signs of being able to still be a pocket passer. he has a quick release and he can throw accurate enough to be an NFL type player he just has a knack for tucking the ball and taking off when he sees a hole. with Norv Turner there and the possibility of his son i do believe they can teach him to stay in there and throw the ball downfield instead of just running.

If people like Manziel can develop, so can any of the other QB prospects who aren't drafted in the top 7. For that reason, I prefer a QB like Carr at 8 or Garrapolo later.

Ditto what others said about the mock. I don't like a WR taken higher than round 5 when there are many holes on a poorly performing defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: