Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Indianapolis Colts Off Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bananabucket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should definitely bring back Brown if the price is right.

mind blown that anyone would even consider resigning Bethea or not. he's the priority.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
mind blown that anyone would even consider resigning Bethea or not. he's the priority.
Boomstick is the priority, Davis is second. Bethea might be a distant third and after Boom and Davis I don't think anyone else even gets contract discussions until free agency starts.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Colton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
I don't see us taking a WR in the 2nd or 3rd rounds unless a major talent falls ( someone like Lee from USC). As for running back I could see us using a later round pick on someone like Thomas from Oregon. Someone who is a change of pace from what we already have and someone that can return kicks. I don't see us drafting a QB. I can see us hitting the UDFA market for someone to be on the PS. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Harnish isn't eligible for the PS this coming year.

I think you're right about the WR. Immediately after Wayne went down, I think we all viewed that differently. But I really feel confident in letting the 3 young guys continue to learn behind Wayne and Hilton. Brazill and Rogers look like guys that could easily develop into serious weapons. Brazill looks like he's trying to model his game after Wayne and hell, he ran over more people this season than Richardson did. Brazill also looked like he could assume the KR after what I saw in the playoffs. Anything's better than starting the drives at the 12 yard line.

And Rogers adds a height-speed combo we've never really had before. I also think with Allen coming back we go to more 2 TE sets, which will alleviate the need for WR.

And yup, Harnish isn't eligible for the PS this year. But with Hasselback only having 1 more year on his contract, I could see us carrying 3 QBs this year. All depends on how they feel he has developed.
Colton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
bananabucket wrote:
Boomstick is the priority, Davis is second. Bethea might be a distant third and after Boom and Davis I don't think anyone else even gets contract discussions until free agency starts.

Not only is he one of the best punters and kick off guys in the game, but what he does for the Indianapolis Colts brand has to be taken into account as well. I don't even live in Indy, but it's obvious how big a part of the community he is.

But I don't think it's going to be a problem getting him back. On Pat's weekly Indy Star show, Irsay basically said Pat's not going anywhere.
bananabucket

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
bananabucket wrote:

Bethea is a one of the better safeties in the game. I don't understand how he could only be a "distant third"

we all have seen the drop-off in play when he is out.
ronjon09

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to swing by and say that you guys have the chance to be scary good next year. Last I checked, Indy has nearly 38mil in cap space. Im not entirely sure who you guys are going to resign and for what, but with that amount coupled with how good you already have shown to be, Ill go ahead and say you have jumped from my darkhorse AFC champ to a probable fave. Good luck next year...I envy you Very Happy
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the leak that came out earlier this week that the salary cap could be $130 million, Overthecap.com is now estimating the Colts to have $37.9 million in cap space.

The $4 million hike helps out a couple teams. The Cowboys and Steelers are the only 2 teams that are still over the cap (Cowboys over $20 million in the red and the Steelers $8.6 million) the Seahawks and Chargers were both in the red prior to the hike.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I wasn't sure what thread to put this in as I didn't want to create a separate thread in your forum....

What can you tell me about Mike McGlynn? I know he isn't a big name free agent but he does bring some versatility having experience at right guard and center. I am looking at him as a potential target in free agency for the Chiefs if we lose Jon Asamoah and/or Geoff Schwartz.

Do you think the Colts will end up re-signing McGlynn or allow him to depart in free agency? I don't necessarily see a huge market for him, but teams could like his versatility as a plus from a depth standpoint.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Colton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Hey guys, I wasn't sure what thread to put this in as I didn't want to create a separate thread in your forum....

What can you tell me about Mike McGlynn? I know he isn't a big name free agent but he does bring some versatility having experience at right guard and center. I am looking at him as a potential target in free agency for the Chiefs if we lose Jon Asamoah and/or Geoff Schwartz.

Do you think the Colts will end up re-signing McGlynn or allow him to depart in free agency? I don't necessarily see a huge market for him, but teams could like his versatility as a plus from a depth standpoint.

Take him. He's a better Center than guard, but that might speak more to how bad he was at guard than how good is was at center.

If you're trying to find a starter, especially if you're trying to replace guys like Asamoah or Schwartz, you'll be pretty disappointed with McGlynn. Unfortunately he's not the next Ryan Lilja
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the Browns make all these moves Im hearing about today

just signed Dansby

talking about Whitner signing

trade for Revis

Jarius Byrd

if they make all these moves, maybe it opens up the possibility of not matching a contract for Alex Mack?

Just maybe
Colton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:

just signed Dansby

trade for Revis

Jarius Byrd

if they make all these moves, maybe it opens up the possibility of not matching a contract for Alex Mack?

Just maybe

Could be a big possibility if they make all those moves. They have a ton of cap, but might be banking on teams not offering for Mack, cause that's a ton of money, especially Revis. That would eat up about 1/3 of their cap space.

Losing Davis would/does suck. But if we can get out of FA retaining most of our FAs (cmon Bethea), getting Arthur Jones and maybe either BJ Raji and/or a top center like Mack or Dietrich Smith, i'd be absolutely stoked.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

just signed Dansby

trade for Revis

Jarius Byrd

Just maybe

Could be a big possibility if they make all those moves. They have a ton of cap, but might be banking on teams not offering for Mack, cause that's a ton of money, especially Revis. That would eat up about 1/3 of their cap space.

Losing Davis would/does suck. But if we can get out of FA retaining most of our FAs (cmon Bethea), getting Arthur Jones and maybe either BJ Raji and/or a top center like Mack or Dietrich Smith, i'd be absolutely stoked.

WOuld love Mack/EDS, Jones and Raji

Rumbling of SF being in on Bethea?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3998/antoine-bethea

not sure whats going to happen with Davis, guess we shall see pretty soon.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there aren't too many of you here like the SD forum, but i was curious about Kavell Conner. We're supposedly planning on signing him, and I saw he had a year or two of really solid play (or at least it seems so from his stats...). How has he been recently? He'd likely be coming here as a 3rd ILB.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
I know there aren't too many of you here like the SD forum, but i was curious about Kavell Conner. We're supposedly planning on signing him, and I saw he had a year or two of really solid play (or at least it seems so from his stats...). How has he been recently? He'd likely be coming here as a 3rd ILB.
A little back story...

When he first came here we were running the 4-3 defense and he eventually took over as our starting WLB. He played well in that role. When we moved to the 3-4 he transitioned to an ILB. He and Angerer both fit the mold of one ILB position but not the other. When Angerer hurt his foot in the preseason Freeman took over the other starting position and never relinquished it.

I love Connor, he is a solid consistent LB. I think the coaching staff really valued Angerer over Connor and I'm not sure I'll ever understand why. 3rd ILB/spot starter is an ideal role for him to play.
Colton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
A little back story...

When he first came here we were running the 4-3 defense and he eventually took over as our starting WLB. He played well in that role. When we moved to the 3-4 he transitioned to an ILB. He and Angerer both fit the mold of one ILB position but not the other. When Angerer hurt his foot in the preseason Freeman took over the other starting position and never relinquished it.

I love Connor, he is a solid consistent LB. I think the coaching staff really valued Angerer over Connor and I'm not sure I'll ever understand why. 3rd ILB/spot starter is an ideal role for him to play.

Consistency was the key. Conner was great at making that splash play, those big, jarring hits at or behind the LoS. But he was a guy who was limited in that he could really only play downhill. But in that role, Conner was a freakin' missile. He just flat layed people out.

He lacked consistency in coverage though, where Angerer was very solid in coverage. He tended to be a more solid all around tackler, and it was unfortunate he struggled so badly with injuries the last two years.

But Stayllns is right, Conner is only a decent fit in the 3-4. Not an every game starter, but a more than solid backup who will impress you when he's in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: