Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BF004 Mock Offseason v.012 (Had to try this once)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: BF004 Mock Offseason v.012 (Had to try this once) Reply with quote

2014 Packers Off-Season

The Packers will have the 21st pick.

Awarded a 4th and 5th round compensation picks

Noteable Players Leaving
Jermichael Finley - We also stay firm on our offer, gets offered more and for longer elsewhere
Marshal Newhouse
CJ Wilson
James Starks
Rob Francois
Mike Neal
Ryan Pickett
Matt Flynn - Finds a role where he can compete with a rookie QB for the starting job
MD Jennings - By not resigning or tendering an RFA offer, forces our hand into doing something this offseason
Johnny Jolly - Decide to move on after the neck injury.

Noteable Players Resigned
BJ Raji - Gets franchised as a DT

Andrew Quarless - Gets a 2 year, 4.5 million dollar deal

Sam Shields - 4 years and 30 million for Shields

Evan Dietrich-Smith - 3 years 13.5 million

Tramon Williams - (2 year extension for 8.5 million, shifting some money from 2014 to future years, lowering his cap hit from 9.5 to 6.5 this year, 6.0 next year, 5.5 in the final year)

John Kuhn - Durable, reliable, good special teamer, cheap to bring back, 2 years, 3 million

James Jones - Looks around FA, comes back to our 3 years, 10.5 million offer.

Free Agents

Chris Clemon - 6'1 210 - 28 years old - +4.1 2014 PFF Grade

Miami wants to resign him again, was signed last offseason to a 1 year, 2.75 million dollar deal. Has expressed desire to stay in Miami as well as frustration on not getting offered a longer term deal. Much better grade in coverage than run support with very good speed. We may have to offer a bit more to convince him to leave sunny, income tax free, Miami for the hefty taxed frozen tundra. He is convinced to sign with the perpetual contending Packers with a 3 year - 12 million dollar deal.

2014 NFL Draft

**** TRADE ****
BJ Raji is contesting he is a DE for his franchise tag purposes. Packers need some new potential blue chip prospects, they decide to pull the big trigger.
After a feeding frenzy of QB's, going 3 of the top 4, the Packers trade BJ Raji, pick #21, their 3rd round pick, and their 2015 1st round pick to Oakland for pick 5.

Round 1 - Pick 5
Jadeveon Clowney - DE - South Carolina - Jr - 6-5 274

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/jadeveon-clowney/
Dane Brugler wrote:
Strengths: Exceedingly rare combination of size, explosiveness, strength, speed and technique. Times the snap well and possesses true explosiveness out of his stance to cross the face of the left tackle. Exceptional burst off the snap with lateral agility and an array of pass rush moves.

Simply too quick for trap blocks, consistently flashing into the backfield to beat oncoming blockers (as in the case of the famous Michigan tackle for loss, forced and recovered fumble). Good flexibility to dip around the tackle's reach, turn the corner sharply and close on the quarterback in a flash.

Uses his hands well to fight through blockers' attempts to corral him, demonstrating refined hand placement and impressive strength. Does not rely on his outside speed rush, complementing his burst with an equally effective interior rush due to a terrific swim move and very good lateral agility.

Frequently used on twists and stunts, in which he loops inside to attack slower-footed interior linemen, demonstrating the toughness and athleticism to handle inside duties. Only occasionally asked to rush from the two-point (stand-up) stance, but is effective here, as well, making him potentially equally valuable as a rusher in the 3-4 alignment.

Far from just a pass rusher. Uses his terrific quickness off the snap to stop running plays before blockers can get to him and shows underrated core strength to anchor when they do. Rarely is blocked for long and shows good vision to locate the ball, as well as the hustle to pursue downfield. Generates great closing speed to force some eye-popping collisions which resulted in eight forced fumbles over his first two seasons of NCAA football.

Weaknesses: Could struggle to match the unrealistic expectations that come with his hype. Disappears for stretches of the game, raising some questions about his level of conditioning.

Typically too athletic for cut-blocks but was knocked to the ground on occasion and is more vulnerable to these blocks than many pass-rushers due to his long legs. Good awareness and reaction to the quarterback's attempt to loft passes over the top of him, showing impressive timing and leaping ability to knock passes down but less-than-ideal ball-skills to complete the interception.

Announced that he is planning to undergo post-season surgery to remove bone spurs in his right foot, which could keep him from participating in the 2014 Scouting Combine, should he declare early for the draft.

Compares To: Mario Williams, DE, Buffalo Bills - Like the last defensive end to earn the No. 1 overall selection, Clowney possesses an exceedingly rare combination of size, strength and athleticism. Clowney is a more pro-ready talent than Williams was when the Houston Texans nabbed him out of NC State in 2006 and, as the consensus top prep prospect when he signed with South Carolina, he has already demonstrated the ability to handle high expectations.

We keep saying we need to add another blue chip player to the D other than Clay. Don't get more blue than Clowney. All the hype with him is real, the guy is an elite athlete followed with the best instincts, hand techniques, and physicalness you'll see. McKenzie in Oakland is very familiar with Raji and gets a chance to add a lot of talent to his roster rather than just 1 player. A lot of people will say he fits best in a 4-3, but he actually does drop into coverage already and rush frequently from a 2 point stance. A player of his caliber will be successful wherever he goes if he gets to play on the edge. Clay has proven successful on both sides, so he may switch back to the left side, although I would like to see them both lining up all over the place. Perry this offseason works on getting a little stouter to play the hybrid, occasional hand in the dirt role as his days of dropping into coverage are over.

*** TRADE ***
Packers want a few more picks are trading some away and move back to the top of the 3rd round while picking up a 5th.

Round 3 - Pick 3
E.J. Gaines - CB - Missouri - Sr - 5-10 195

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/ej-gaines/
Rob Rang wrote:
STRENGTHS: Gaines sports a well-defined build for the position. The combination of his broad-shouldered, long-armed frame and very good overall athleticism makes him a tough draw for any pass-catcher. Has alternately lined up in press or off-man on most snaps, showing the fluid hips to turn and run with receivers, as well as very good lateral agility and balance and speed to burn. He anticipates routes well, under-cutting receivers to remain between them and the quarterback and has quick, active hands. Gaines is a reliable open-field tackler. Gaines' ability to avoid blockers and wrap securely make him a frequent blitz threat off the edge.

WEAKNESSES: Gaines is a classic grab and drag tackler, only occasionally dropping his shoulder to provide an impactful hit. Scouts would like to see him turn more of his many career passes broken up into interceptions. More of a hitter than a tackler at times, and needs to avoid dropping his head on contact

Was the SEC defensive player of the week after holding Mike Evans to 8 yards on 4 catches. Looks the part of a good boundary corner. An injury to Shields or Tramon leave me fretting with what we have to put out there on the boundry, currently only Devon House followed by a plethora of slot corners.

Round 4 - Pick 21
Terrence Brooks - FS - Florida State - Sr - 5-11 197

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/Terrence-Brooks/
Rob Rang wrote:
STRENGTHS: While a touch shorter than scouts would prefer, Brooks looks the part of an NFL free safety, boasting broad shoulders, a well-built frame and trim waist. He possesses good balance, agility and straight-line speed, including an impressive burst to close.

A former cornerback who is asked to drop down and cover slot receivers, on occasion, demonstrating good balance, fluidity and change of direction for coverage. Brooks is more physical than you might expect given his cornerback background, often dropping down into a linebacker-like role for the Seminoles.

Long arms and good balance to play off blocks and make plays near the line of scrimmage amid traffic. A big-hitter who seems to enjoy the physicality of the game. Flashes strong hands for the interception, as well as the ability to track over his shoulder (North Carolina State). Good special teams player.

WEAKNESSES: Only has two seasons of starting action after spending his early career with the Seminoles in backup duty at cornerback. Below average height for the position, though his strength and leaping ability make him less of a liability in jump-ball situations than it might appear.

Highly aggressive defender who will lower his shoulder and fail to wrap up, leading to some missed tackles. Unreliable hands for the interception. Let several "easy" interceptions slip through his fingers in 2013.

COMPARES TO: Louis Delmas, Detroit Lions: Neither boasts the imposing size scouts would prefer but the instincts, athleticism and closing speed are there to overcome it.

Brooks has been one of the favorite S prospects for me this year, I keep expecting to see him jumping up boards soon, but he still isn’t. Love the way he comes down and covers the slot as much as he does, that would be a great way for a backup safety to see the field in our defense. Looks like a true FS prospect with decent size, despite Rang's over emphasis on worrying about height even though he was 5'11 even at the senior bowl, I think that is completely average height. Those looking for a CB convert, here is your guy, just ahead of the pack.

Round 4 - Pick 34
Arthur Lynch - TE - Georgia - rSr - 6-5 258

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/Arthur-Lynch/
Rob Rang wrote:
STRENGTHS: Lynch's strength and awareness as an in-line blocker rank among his most impressive attributes at this point in his career. He is quick off the snap, latches onto defenders quickly and securely and is competitive. He is particularly effective on combination blocks in which he initially helps an offensive tackle double-team a defensive lineman before switching off to chip a linebacker at the second level. Lynch shows reliable hands and has a big frame to shield defenders from the ball.

WEAKNESSES: Isn't going to run away or make many defenders miss in the open field.

Football player first, athlete second, like Jason Witten. Very solid in line blocker and capable receiver. NFL ready, I would expect him to push Quarless for snaps sooner than later.

Round 5 - Pick 3
Justin Britt - OT - Missouri - rSr - 6-6 315

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/Justin-Britt/
Dane Bruglar (In regards to Shrine Week Practices) wrote:
Britt says his goals haven’t changed much, he has always dreamed of playing in the NFL, but the reasons for doing so have changed. 
Two weeks after he had successful knee surgery, his fiancee, Alicia Bratten, gave birth to Navy Noelle Britt on Dec. 4, 2013, something Britt said has changed his life forever. 
“I had a lot going on in my life at that point, but I kind of took it as a blessing in disguise for it to happen at that time,” Britt said. “It has made me mature and grow up in the past year as much as I’ve ever been in my first 21 years of life. 
“Instead of going out with friends I’m at home taking care of my body, and my daughter and my fiancee,” Britt said. “My goal has always been going to the pros and making a career out of football. That hasn’t changed, the only thing that has changed is who I am doing it for.” 
Britt graduated from Mizzou in December of 2012 and is enrolled in a sports psychology masters program, taking online courses. He said a wedding date is to be determined. 
“Whenever we got engaged we both agreed to wait and see what happens in May in the draft and everything,” Britt said. “It is hard to plan something when you don’t know what income you’ll have or where you’ll be.” 
Britt said picking an agent, where he will train and preparing for the NFL combine and other events will be a high priority. 
Britt said taking care of his body wasn’t a high priority until the past year. But with the NFL draft ahead, he has been focused throughout his senior season. 
“I’m the type of guy who could go to McDonald’s and eat 12 cheeseburgers and still have 20 percent body fat,” Britt said. “(Bratten) has helped me eat right, going grocery shopping and buying the right foods.” 
Always a premium position, there were 22 offensive tackles drafted last season. But Britt’s stock could get a boost from an invite to the Senior Bowl, an opportunity to play in the SEC championship game in front of a big audience, and the NFL combine. 
Britt could be a hot commodity due to his ability to play all over the offensive line. Britt has played every position at one time or another during his career at Mizzou. 
Draftinsider.net listed Britt among seven risers in its Nov. 7 report and said Britt “came into the season with a late round grade from scouts but has since elevated his game.” 
Christian said the NFL Draft Combine is an event built for a player of Britt’s abilities where measurables are evaluated. Britt has a lean build with 20 percent body fat, and tests such as the 40-yard-dash or vertical jump will likely boost his stock even more. 
Christian said already he has received letters from the Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs seeking background information about Britt. 
“I’m thinking this is some sort of propaganda and maybe a coaches clinic or something like that and I open them up and it’s a player (evaluation) on Justin,” Christian said. “That was a really cool situation and was the point and time that it really hit me that perhaps this is a real deal. 
“With the success that he is having this season at the SEC level, it is a real thing. I would be very surprised is he doesn’t get drafted somewhere and that would be huge for Lebanon.” 

Played all 5 line positions in college, that versatility will be huge helping give us some depth.

Round 5 - Pick 21
Brett Smith - QB - Wyoming - Jr - 6-2 206

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/Brett-Smith/
Dane Bruglar wrote:
STRENGTHS: better athlete than given credit with deceiving mobility and very quick feet to be elusive in the pocket and avoid pressure. He has good-enough height and has worked hard to bulk up his frame, spending considerable time in the weight room. Smith scans the field quickly, works through his reads and does an excellent job recognizing soft spots in coverage pre-snap.

Gutsy competitor who plays the game of football with a chip on his shoulder and he'll win over NFL coaches with his attitude, work ethic and overall football passion.

WEAKNESSES: Smith is extremely confident, but almost to a fault as he tests small passing windows too often, throwing into tight coverage and hoping for a positive play. He has good enough arm strength for the next level, but lacks elite velocity especially when he can't step into his throws. Smith can get jumpy and skittish in the pocket and needs to get his footwork under control. He is a high-completion passer, but his accuracy will dip when throwing on the run.

**** TRADE *****
Packers move their 6th and 7th to move up to the end of the 5th

Round 5 - Pick 28
Josh Huff - WR - Oregon - Sr - 5-11 211

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/Josh-Huff/
Quote:
-Oregon’s Josh Huff edged Robert Herron as the receiver of the day from the North squad.  He ate up cushion quickly and he showed some savvy moves at the line to beat press coverage.  He also plays up to his 5’11 200 pound frame running through physicality in his routes and setting up defenders at the top.  The highlight of his day came during the team session when he executed an outstanding stop-and-go route against NC State CB Dontae Johnson, who completely bit and left Huff wide open behind him.

Walter Football wrote:
1/13/14: In 2013, Huff collected 62 receptions for 1,140 yards and 12 touchdowns. He is sudden and quick with the ability to beat defenses downfield. Huff finished the regular season on a strong note. He looks like a good slot receiver candidate for the NFL. 

8/3/13: Like the other skill-position players at Oregon, Huff is a good athlete with speed. The junior registered 32 receptions for 493 yards with seven touchdowns last year. He had 31 catches for 430 yards and two scores in 2011. 

Huff hasn't gotten a lot of targets given the Ducks' running offense, but that could change as a senior since Oregon has lost Kenjon Barner and LaMichael James in the draft the past two years. Quarterback Marcus Mariota has a lot of ability and should throw more having gaining a year of experience. For the NFL, Huff looks like he could be a nice weapon as a slot receiver.

Keep trying to figure out why he isn't ranked higher than this. Great speed, plays a lot in the slots, productive college career, lines up in the backfield. I think he would be a great addition to our offense.

Round 5 - Pick 40
Zack Kerr - DT - Delaware - rSr - 6-2 334

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/Zack-Kerr/
James Cobern wrote:
One of the best feelings in the world for a scout in any sport or level of competition is finding that diamond in the rough player that no one else recognizes for what they can truly become at the next level. Redshirt, senior, defensive tackle, Zach Kerr of Delaware comes to mind as one of those players.

I came in expecting a day 3 nose tackle and came away seeing a prospect who deserves a lot more exposure than he’s currently getting now. But to justify my thoughts on Kerr, why don’t I explain some of the reasons he sticks out as one of the top defensive tackles in the 2014 draft class.

The first place to start is of course size. He’s 6’1, 322 pounds and has a short squatty build, which is as close to the prototypical size for defensive tackles in the NFL, if not for missing a couple of inches on his height.

However, what makes Kerr stand out from all the other prototypical defensive tackles in this class is his quickness, flexibility, power, closing speed, pursuit, tackling, recognition skills, consistency, football IQ and leadership. With the only knocks on him thus far, is he plays high at times and gives up leverage at the point of attack that he makes up for with his size/athletic ability, but he is more than just a nose tackle.

Pass Rush

Zach Kerr has advanced pass rush moves with active hands to implement them. Whether it’s a bull rush, club move, swim move, dip and rip, or club and spin, he uses these moves with great efficiency by varying them and adjusting to the quarterback’s drop.

Most defensive tackles in college will use a swim move when the quarterback does a two-step drop, but Kerr shows the awareness to save his moves when they will have the best impact. A thinking man’s pass rusher with great physical skills is hard to find, but Kerr has flashed those qualities.

And this is a defensive tackle that can bend the edge on the outside. He’s more effective creating havoc on the inside, but the flexibility he displays for a man his size is above average to say the least.

He’s not a lumbering nose tackle prospect. This is a player who would be a waste to not use as a pass rusher at the next level.

Block and Play Recognition

This is probably where Kerr impressed me the most. He gets off blocks quickly and is incredibly powerful at the point of attack when he keeps his pad level low.

Drive, hook, angle, scoop, double team, trap and influence blocks are no match for Kerr. He’s discipline and disengages or neutralizes blocks quickly and consistently.

He also reads and reacts to plays very well. Especially screens, and he reads and reacts to screens so quickly that he can make the play on the ball carrier.

All he has to do is get into a habit of playing lower consistently and he can make a living in the NFL.

Pursuit

One of the knocks on a lot of defensive tackles is remaining active after their pass rush, but Kerr is active until the whistle blows consistently. He hustles around the field, and I’ve seen his hustle pay off in tackling the ball carrier on screens.

That’s a mark of a player who doesn’t take plays off and should help to separate him from most of the competition.

Tackling

Kerr is quick, athletic and decisive enough to make open field tackles. An uncommon ability with defensive tackles his size. Add on top of that with great shed and tackle technique, and you have a solid, if not great tackler for a defensive tackle.

Leadership

I know this doesn’t come up with defensive tackle prospects, but Kerr is a leader on the Delaware defense. And I don’t have to interview his teammates to find out, because it shows up on film.

Kerr is constantly hyping up and encouraging his teammates on the field. If you make a tackle on the Delaware defense, Kerr will meet you to congratulate you and get you ready for the next play. I haven’t seen that level of leadership from defensive tackles this year, and it’s something of note.

Concerns

Obviously the first concern is the competition he faces in the CAA. There is a chance he may look like a superstar at Delaware, but a average player on a NFL team.

And that’s why his performance at either the East-West Shrine game, Senior Bowl or the Scouting Combine at the end of this season will be where he needs to be at his best. If he shows the talent I’ve saw at those events, then Kerr is the real deal.

There is also a concern due to Kerr transferring from Maryland to Delaware due to academic issues. Kerr looks like a smart football player on the field, but teams may downgrade him if they don’t believe he’s smart enough to comprehend NFL concepts.

With the last concern pertaining to playing too high at times, which reduces his leverage. Kerr has all the potential in the world, but can’t reach it if he doesn’t get his pad level lower on every snap.

Louis Nix is a highly touted player in this draft class with the same issue, but Kerr will not win over coaches with his reputation like Nix. Coming from a lower division of college football means you have to be almost perfect to make noise, but I believe Kerr has a chance to do it.

So, I highly recommend you get a chance to see Zach Kerr this season, and hopefully enjoy him as much as I have so far.

FREE AGENTS

Ryan Pickett - After trading away Raji, Pickett was waiting for an opportunity and he happily comes back for another year.

Depth Chart
Offense: 25
QB - Aaron Rodgers - Scott Tolzien - Brett Smith
RB - Eddy Lacy - Dejuan Harris - Jonathon Franklin - John Kuhn
WR - Jordy Nelson - James Jones
WR - Randall Cobb - Jarrett Boykin - Josh Huff
TE - Andrew Quarless - Authur Lynch - Ryan Taylor - Brandon Bostick
LT - David Bakhtiari - Derrick Sherrod
LG - Josh Sitton
C - EDS - JC Tretter
RG - TJ Lang - Justin Britt
RT - Bryan Bulaga - Don Barclay

Defense: 25
DE - Mike Daniels - UDRFA
NT - Josh Boyd - Ryan Pickett - Zack Kerr
DE - Datone Jones - Jerel Worthy
OLB - Clay Watthews - Andy Mulumba
ILB - AJ Hawk - Sam Barrington - Jordan Tripp
ILB - Brad Jones - Jamari Lattimore
OLB - Jadeveon Clowney - Nick Perry
CB - Sam Shields - Casey Hayward
CB - Tramon Williams - EJ Gaines - Micah Hyde
SS - Morgan Burnett - Sean Richardson
FS - Chris Clemons - Terrence Brooks

Special Teams: 3
K - Mason Crosby
P - Tim Masthay
LS - Brett Goode

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17

Last edited by BrettFavre004 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#superbowlbound

Love me some Clowney and Terrence Brooks.

That is a lucrative deal for EDS, though. Giving him just over two million per would put him around the 8th highest paid center int he game(where he belongs). That contract would put him firmly in the top 5. With our cap situation and upcoming FA's I'd rather see us go with Tretter if that's the type of contract EDS is going to get.

Sig brought to you by Justo
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:

That is a lucrative deal for EDS, though. Giving him just over two million per would put him around the 8th highest paid center int he game(where he belongs). That contract would put him firmly in the top 5. With our cap situation and upcoming FA's I'd rather see us go with Tretter if that's the type of contract EDS is going to get.

Wow, had no idea centers made that little. Definitely glad we didn't match Scotty Wells' deal then.

bookend57

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

Wow, had no idea centers made that little. Definitely glad we didn't match Scotty Wells' deal then.

FWIW, Wells was the highest paid center this season
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

I just checked Spotrac and my memory was a bit hazy(and I was looking at base salaries.

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/cap-hit/center/limit-25/

Still, if his cap hit was 4.5 per year(I guess, not sure how to do that one) that would put him in the top 10 in centers. I wouldn't give EDS more than 3 and a half per year.

CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hell not? We'll be drafting in the late 20s in 2015 and Clowney might very well be worth it. I like things like this that are a little more aggressive.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, Clowney should be the clear cut #1 pick in this draft. Bridgewater is a good prospect(so is Bortles) but if you're Houston you could have JJ Watt and Jadevon Clowney on the same defense. I couldn't pass on that if I were them. I'd find another QB.

TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it but with what has happened to others that have done such things it would scare me a little bit. Falcons have no depth after trading up to get Julio and the Redskins are a dumpster fire. I will say that this makes a lot more sense for us than the Falcons trading to get a weapon. If we want to improve the D quickly this is definitely one way to do it with Clowney and the FAs.
SE500

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft overall and good effort, but........

Thompson would not trade a future 1st round pick for all 12 Apostles.....
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clemon or Mitchell are the FA Ss I would like to see in Titletown next year. Sure hope TT is looking to fill that void with a FA for next year and bring in a draft pick. I would like to see the position addressed both ways, especially with as much 3 S Dom would like to play.

I cannot get behind that EDS contract at all. Go with Tretter if it gets over 2 M per year, seriously. Use that money elsewhere on this roster!!!

The rest of the FA activity is pretty good. I have not ruled out the notion the Pack might tag Raji either.

The draft- Clowney. Wow. I dunno what to say. He should be the overall #1 because I do not think there is a QB in this class that is a Andrew Luck. Getting Clowney. Wow. If it works, TT is a genius and the team is successful for years. If it fails, TT is fired. That's how bold of a move this would be IMO.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:
I would love it but with what has happened to others that have done such things it would scare me a little bit. Falcons have no depth after trading up to get Julio and the Redskins are a dumpster fire. I will say that this makes a lot more sense for us than the Falcons trading to get a weapon. If we want to improve the D quickly this is definitely one way to do it with Clowney and the FAs.

Same reason I don't like those trades. What happens if Clowney becomes the next Steve Emtman? That guy was primed to be the next Reggie White, and dare I say he might have given Reggie a run for his money. He was a BEAST!

But I wonder how many around here even heard of the guy? How many remember?

Nah, you can't give up what should amount to 2 good players for a guy who has the possibility of being great. Rarely (as in almost never) does it work out.
Victor1124

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be awesome! Just grab a inside linebacker or two and it would really be perfect. Being a Mizzou fan, love Britt and Gaines.
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
TheBitzMan wrote:

Same reason I don't like those trades. What happens if Clowney becomes the next Steve Emtman? That guy was primed to be the next Reggie White, and dare I say he might have given Reggie a run for his money. He was a BEAST!

But I wonder how many around here even heard of the guy? How many remember?

Nah, you can't give up what should amount to 2 good players for a guy who has the possibility of being great. Rarely (as in almost never) does it work out.

You are correct that he could get injured or be a bust and then that trade is a killer. But if I told you he turned into Lawrence Taylor (minus the cocaine issues), you would do it. Clowney and Clay with Perry as a back up for either Cool
justo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thompson's height barometer-----> -------

E.J. Gaines

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Thompson's height barometer-----> -------

E.J. Gaines

Sam shields 5106
Tramon Williams 5111

Banjo is on the roster at 5096, I think you are taking that way to literally.

Before you even nam make the argument that none of those guys were drafted, I say there are examples (Underwood) and secondly, irrelevant.

Why wouldn't Ted attempt to emulate his best players rather than binding himself to a self imposed arbitrary constraint?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: