Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFCCG: San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Holdhawks Post Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEGster wrote:
The more time passes by, the more frustration builds up over the lose. We had the superior offense & defense. Seahawks will only improve from here.

The magnitude of the opportunity we squandered last week will not be fully realized for the next couple years.

You could say that about the 2 years prior, and to be honest, I feel both of those were bigger "squanderings of opportunity". I never thought we were the better team than Seattle all year; we match up closely talent wise, no doubt, and I may give us the edge there. But at the same time, I don't think we match up all that well against them. So I had us as the second best team in the NFC (and NFL), while at the same time last year, I thought we were the best team in the NFL, and in 2011, I really believed after we beat New Orleans, that we were going to win the super bowl.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we were superior than the Seahawks the way you do. Both teams are damn near equally talented and they had the advantage of playing home. We were the underdogs for a reason.

And in 2011, I never fully bought into us winning it all. I was just enjoying the ride as it was the first time in YEARS we had reached the postseason.

Last year is what gets me. We were much more talented than the Ravens overall, but they were riding some hot momentum. We just came out making mistake after mistake which was very frustrating. Look at the 2nd half, one team was CLEARLY superior than the other.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I don't think we were superior than the Seahawks the way you do. Both teams are damn near equally talented and they had the advantage of playing home. We were the underdogs for a reason.

And in 2011, I never fully bought into us winning it all. I was just enjoying the ride as it was the first time in YEARS we had reached the postseason.

Last year is what gets me. We were much more talented than the Ravens overall, but they were riding some hot momentum. We just came out making mistake after mistake which was very frustrating. Look at the 2nd half, one team was CLEARLY superior than the other.

In 2011, I was enjoying the ride too. Yes, I was rooting for us to win it all but deep down inside of me, I knew the Giants would be the team to win it all, they just had so much going their way after whopping GB the week before. Their team was clicking on all phases of the game.

No doubt I think the two things the ravens had against us was the Ray Lewis hype and the momentum after going back to NE to right the wrong the year before. We left a lot of points off the board in that SB. We clearly missed a give me TD when Kaep over shot Crabtree(or was the pass for moss and Crabtree tipped it) then LMJ fumbled in the redzone(on the next possession?) and that took atleast 3 points off the board for us. but potentially, we lost 11 points on those two drives.

If we finish both of those drives with a TD, the outcome of that game would been so much different and let's not forget Kaep's int to Ed reed(I don't remember if Balt scored a TD or FG). Also there was the drive I believe after the Ray Rice Fumble, If Cary Williams doesn't tip that ball, maybe Ginn comes up with it and we come away with a TD and not a FG. Overall, we dug ourselves a big whole early on. I don't want to play the blame the ref card but they missed a hold on the KO TD and there was a big hold on Dixon before the punt that turned into a safety. That hold cost us what? a few precious seconds on the clock?
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/01/28/colin-kaepernick-should-he-have-thrown-that-final-pass-to-michael-crabtree/#19774-17

Quote:
What Kaepernick doesn’t see is that Sherman fails to go for Crabtree’s stutter-step fake at the beginning of the route. So as both Sherman and Crabtree cross the goal line, Sherman is actually ahead of Crabtree and basically running the route for him.

Nothing new but a nice read if you are bored.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEGster wrote:
The more time passes by, the more frustration builds up over the lose. We had the superior offense & defense. Seahawks will only improve from here.

The magnitude of the opportunity we squandered last week will not be fully realized for the next couple years.

Why is seattle a lock to improve and why are we a lock to regress? both teams are basically mirror images of another. heck, we're even somewhat similar in drafting results. we wasted a draft in 2012. you could argue that the seahawks are dangerously close to wasting a draft in 2013, and thats not even counting percy harvin. except of course 5th rounder tharold simon will turn into a stud CB somehow.

both teams will compete. we're going to pay our QB this year, they're going to pay theirs next year. we have to pay aldon and crabtree (everyone else thats great has been pretty much locked up) they have to pay sherman and earl thomas and michael bennett and cliff avril. etc etc. both teams have the same issues and both teams have great general managers and head coaches to tackle them.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Responding to Richard Sherman's criticism of his arm strength, Peyton Manning admitted on Thursday he throws "ducks."
"I do throw ducks," Manning said. "I throw a lot of yards and touchdowns-ducks, so I'm actually quite proud of it." This is hardly bulletin-board material, but Sherman should be careful lest he finds himself in the position of so many corners before him; watching one of Manning's ducks float over his head and into the waiting arms of a receiver in the end zone.
Laughing
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching the first half soundfx of this game and I almost forgot how much we dominated that half. We were one broken Wilson bomb to Baldwin away from a 10-0 halftime lead. Also Roman calling a QB draw on 3rd and 7 or 8 in the redzone to set up the FG after the strip sack by Aldon Mad .

That was such a conservative call its almost embarrassing. If you want Kaep to run it why not send in a passing play to spread Seattle out 3-4 WR's and at least let Kaep take a look…then tell him if nothing is there right away I want you to take off and run….so almost a QB draw but take a look first, maybe you have a CB/LB come on a blitz and just hot read over to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Just finished watching the first half soundfx of this game and I almost forgot how much we dominated that half. We were one broken Wilson bomb to Baldwin away from a 10-0 halftime lead. Also Roman calling a QB draw on 3rd and 7 or 8 in the redzone to set up the FG after the strip sack by Aldon Mad .

That was such a conservative call its almost embarrassing. If you want Kaep to run it why not send in a passing play to spread Seattle out 3-4 WR's and at least let Kaep take a look…then tell him if nothing is there right away I want you to take off and run….so almost a QB draw but take a look first, maybe you have a CB/LB come on a blitz and just hot read over to him.

Just wondering but they said if VD didn't whiff on his block, that Kaep would had scored/gotten the first down?
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

Just wondering but they said if VD didn't whiff on his block, that Kaep would had scored/gotten the first down?

It was conservative but I likes it.
He easily had the first, idk wtf Vernon was doing. He's a great blocker and knew kap was running.

new sig... sorry alex
KEGster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see both arguments with the conservative playcalls following that HUGE sack, strip, fumble recovery

- We should play our style of football and set the tone. We are a power rushing team
- You can't just run a vanilla drive against this Seahawks defense

Bottomline, I felt it set the tone for the dog fight we were expecting. For Seattle, it must have felt like a significant victory after we just gang jumped them to start the match.

I honestly believe with a more experienced and emotionally stable QB: You play aggressive to get those 7 points, it's something I would expect the 90's Cowboys & Packers to do.

Maybe I say this with gold and red blinders on but they had 3 total plays on offense. The deep bomb, the 4th down and Lynch's long run.

"We let them off the hook"
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with an experienced qb we still go conservative there. Of course not if we had a Peyton or Brady.
Out coaching staff is conservative. No doubt about it. They expected a close game and didn't want to risk it

If we had a less athletic qb. I could see a RB draw or a throw short of the anti is relying on yac. We wouldn't call a deep throw there IMO

new sig... sorry alex
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuechly just won DPOY. With all due respect to Luke but bowman was more deserving IMO.
AMG1713

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Kuechly just won DPOY. With all due respect to Luke but bowman was more deserving IMO.

Bowman was better, but I didn't really think either had a chance. I thought it should have been either Quinn or Earl Thomas.
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

I think Quinn and Watt were more deserving than both. I think if you add in the postseason, Bowman was clearly the superior defender to Kuechly, but I can't fault them for voting him over Bowman for the regular season; they were both fantastic and I don't think there was a clear edge for one or the other. My own personal vote would have went for Watt though, regardless of how his team did.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can be happy it wasn't even close I guess

Luke Kuechly: 19
Robert Mathis: 11½
Earl Thomas: 7½
Robert Quinn: 6
Richard Sherman: 4
J.J. Watt: 2

No votes for David or Bowman.

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: