Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFCCG: San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Holdhawks Post Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
I wanted you guys to win! Now I have to root for Seattle.

NO!!!!!!!

I cant see Peyton win again. I just cant.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
I wanted you guys to win! Now I have to root for Seattle.

NO!!!!!!!

I cant see Peyton win again. I just cant.

I can't see Seattle win at all.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
KEGster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stated before the NFC Title game "This is the Super Bowl". No reason to change now.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I will say, not only must CK learn but JH also has to coach situational football better going forward. Bill Walsh was a master at situational football. He prep for it constantly and was a stickler for 'rehearsed improvisation' 'The Catch' definitely was situational football. Right before the Catch, Bill Walsh did the following:

1. Called a timeout
2. Discussed the situation with his QB. NFL Film’s caught that moment. Walsh said to Montana, “If it isn’t there, simply throw it away….”

Montana put that ball where he thought Dwight might be able to get it. Some people claimed that Montana was trying to throw the ball away, leaving time for a fourth down. Clark disputes that assertion, claiming that it was a backup plan that they practiced many times. Montana confirmed that he could not see the end zone through the defenders, but claims that he knew exactly where Clark would be.

Notice, they practiced many times!

NFC Championship, 2 timeouts, no discussion. CK made up his mind before the ball was snapped he was going to Crabtree. He had Patton, wide upon for 6 yards and out of bounds to stop the clock at least, possibly a 1st down.

The Catch has situational football written all over it… And Clark was the 2nd option on that play.

And again in 1988. Superbowl 23 on the winning drive, Walsh calls a timeout to discuss the play. Understanding situational football Walsh calls a play using Rice as the decoy and John Taylor was the 3rd option the the play!

These are examples JH needs to heed and learn from. USE YOUR TIMEOUTS!! Get everyone together, calm your young QB down, make sure he understands what to do and not to do, then get a GOOD play design into the huddle to set your players up for success.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Sherman basically again repeated what he said after the game calling Crabtree mediocre, but then said look at the numbers Decker and those guys in Denver put up. Um, Crabtree may not be better than Thomas, but he's damn sure better than Decker Laughing. Put Crabtree in that system and he is a lock for 1200+ yards and 10+ TDs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Richard Sherman basically again repeated what he said after the game calling Crabtree mediocre, but then said look at the numbers Decker and those guys in Denver put up. Um, Crabtree may not be better than Thomas, but he's damn sure better than Decker Laughing. Put Crabtree in that system and he is a lock for 1200+ yards and 10+ TDs.

Sherman said he's better than Decker?

I can't stand Sherman. I love his play, but he just doesn't know when to shut up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he said Decker is better than Crabtree.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
One thing I will say, not only must CK learn but JH also has to coach situational football better going forward. Bill Walsh was a master at situational football. He prep for it constantly and was a stickler for 'rehearsed improvisation' 'The Catch' definitely was situational football. Right before the Catch, Bill Walsh did the following:

1. Called a timeout
2. Discussed the situation with his QB. NFL Film’s caught that moment. Walsh said to Montana, “If it isn’t there, simply throw it away….”

Montana put that ball where he thought Dwight might be able to get it. Some people claimed that Montana was trying to throw the ball away, leaving time for a fourth down. Clark disputes that assertion, claiming that it was a backup plan that they practiced many times. Montana confirmed that he could not see the end zone through the defenders, but claims that he knew exactly where Clark would be.

NFC Championship, 2 timeouts, no discussion. CK made up his mind before the ball was snapped he was going to Crabtree. He had Patton, wide upon for 6 yards and out of bounds to stop the clock at least, possibly a 1st down.

The Catch has situational football written all over it… And Clark was the 2nd option on that play.

And again in 1988. Superbowl 23 on the winning drive, Walsh calls a timeout to discuss the play. Understanding situational football Walsh calls a play using Rice as the decoy and John Taylor was the 3rd option the the play!

These are examples JH needs to heed and learn from. USE YOUR TIMEOUTS!! Get everyone together, calm your young QB down, make sure he understands what to do and not to do, then get a GOOD play design into the huddle to set your players up for success.

Hindsight is 20/20 though. We had ample time to discuss our strategy last season in the Super Bowl too. After every incomplete pass. Yet we didn't get the job done. I think the biggest problem is trying to utilize Crabtree in the redzone on fade routes. Two years in a row that has screwed us when we really needed a touchdown. He is more of a slant guy or someone that will catch the ball in traffic in the middle of the field. He isn't a jump ball receiver. Kaepernick also needs to stop focusing in one specific guy.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
I would have rather lost in the Super Bowl. The point of every NFL season is to chase a championship. You're supposed to get as far as you can. That, and I would know for certain that before the outcome of the Super Bowl, win or lose, Seattle wouldn't be getting a trophy.

Whether your second place or third place, nobody remembers who didn't come in first...that's how I look at it.

And even though I don't see them getting past the Broncos, even if the Hawks were to win, I wouldn't be pissed. Maybe its because I'm from the east coast but my hatred for the Hawks isn't there yet. Idon't yearn to see them lose. I don't despise them like I do the G-Men, Dallas, Packers, Pats or the Steelers. I hate to see those teams succeed. Their fanbases locally have all become increasing obnoxious to me. The Hawks are like the new kid on the block that just annoys you because he thinks he knows it all. A couple of more playoff losses to them with SB implications on the line and I'm sure I'll feel different though.

Yeah, but I don't want people remembering the Seahawks as Super Bowl champions...If we're going to go down then at least have it be in the Super Bowl where Seattle doesn't have a chance to win the game.

PapaShogun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEGster wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Definitely, Crabtree was not as explosive as last year but still gave the offense something. He's played through injuries for most of his career and never complained. Wasn't it just last year when his foot finally healed? Crabtree is going to have a HUGE season next year as he will be gunning for a big contract. It will be a catch 22 for us as it is great he will have such a big season, but at the same time he will demand a top 7 WR contract.

I kind of want Kaepernick to not sign a contract this year and risk it all for next season.

No way you can reward Kaepernick with a contract now. There is just as good of a chance he doesn't improve at all next year as there is him making a jump.

I don't think we are in the position to draft a new QB (2 year waiting period). But I'm not sold on Kaepernick being a long term NFL QB yet. Vince Young made the Pro Bowl.....

I'm not sure what Kaepernick has to do to earn his money. We could win a championship with the Kaepernick we have now. How soon people forget the days of Singletary and Nolan. Not getting the Kaepernick deal done will make the issue fester into training camp and maybe into the season. Perhaps Colin decides to hold out too. That would make matters worse. And then what, risk losing training camp time with Colt McCoy as the starter heading into next season? That would be stupid. Even if Colin plays the same next year, who else are we going to get to replace him that is better and won't take time to learn while this roster is stacked? There aren't just Peyton Manning clones out on the street.

KEGster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:

1. Called a timeout

Strong post and I totally agree. But Jim can only relay the plays. Colin takes the snaps. We all saw Boldin's bitter reaction to the 1st poorly underthrown INT.

The most troubling part for me is, we saw the replay of the route. Sherman completely blanketing Crabtree from the snap to end zone. Going back to the Packers dropped INT. And of course Boldin's TD catch on a near INT in the NFC title game. I don't like it. We assume Colin will improve his footwork, pre snap reads, accuracy, decision making etc. There is so much for him to improve on, it's quite mind boggling he's succeeded thus far. How much credit ultimately goes to our offensive line, gore, the defense & so on. More wood for the "This staff can coach up any Quarterback" flame
KEGster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
KEGster wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Definitely, Crabtree was not as explosive as last year but still gave the offense something. He's played through injuries for most of his career and never complained. Wasn't it just last year when his foot finally healed? Crabtree is going to have a HUGE season next year as he will be gunning for a big contract. It will be a catch 22 for us as it is great he will have such a big season, but at the same time he will demand a top 7 WR contract.

I kind of want Kaepernick to not sign a contract this year and risk it all for next season.

No way you can reward Kaepernick with a contract now. There is just as good of a chance he doesn't improve at all next year as there is him making a jump.

I don't think we are in the position to draft a new QB (2 year waiting period). But I'm not sold on Kaepernick being a long term NFL QB yet. Vince Young made the Pro Bowl.....

I'm not sure what Kaepernick has to do to earn his money. We could win a championship with the Kaepernick we have now. How soon people forget the days of Singletary and Nolan. Not getting the Kaepernick deal done will make the issue fester into training camp and maybe into the season. Perhaps Colin decides to hold out too. That would make matters worse. And then what, risk losing training camp time with Colt McCoy as the starter heading into next season? That would be stupid. Even if Colin plays the same next year, who else are we going to get to replace him that is better and won't take time to learn while this roster is stacked? There aren't just Peyton Manning clones out on the street.

If Harbaugh is ballsy enough, he figures I went to the NFC title game with Alex & Colin.

Personally, if Jim committed to a 5-year extension. (7 total). I wouldn't mind him drafting someone. That would creep up on Patrick Willis chance at a ring.

Essentially for the next 5+ years. Do you like your shot with Kaepernick or Harbaugh drafting a new QB?
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEGster wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
KEGster wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

If Harbaugh is ballsy enough, he figures I went to the NFC title game with Alex & Colin.

Personally, if Jim committed to a 5-year extension. (7 total). I wouldn't mind him drafting someone. That would creep up on Patrick Willis chance at a ring.

Essentially for the next 5+ years. Do you like your shot with Kaepernick or Harbaugh drafting a new QB?

I like my chances with Kaepernick and Harbaugh. Kaep has already gotten us to the Super Bowl and was five yards away from winning it. We got to the NFC Championship again this year.

There are a lot of great coaches in NFL history who may not be so great if they didn't find the right quarterback that always gave them a chance to win. Finding someone that is better than Kaepernick and won't have to learn while we have a stacked roster would be nearly impossible. The dude just had his first year as a starter. Give the guy some time.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust the front office to make the right decision, but I could see Kaepernick playing his contract out to get him more leverage the following season. That would mean potentially we'd have to pay him more, but at the same time it will help our team out next season with him being more motivated. Crabtree is another guy that is going to likely explode as long as he stays healthy. I'm sure the team will try to get him inked up this offseason, but it may be in the best interest of Kaepernick to take it as well. He is a QB that runs more than most and puts himself at risk to getting hurt. Of course he is very smart about getting down before getting hit, but it takes only one hit to put him out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more time passes by, the more frustration builds up over the lose. We had the superior offense & defense. Seahawks will only improve from here.

The magnitude of the opportunity we squandered last week will not be fully realized for the next couple years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: