Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFCCG: San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Holdhawks Post Game
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: NFCCG: San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Holdhawks Post Game Reply with quote

Continue....

clarkfn2284 wrote:
Tubthumper wrote:
First off let me state they the 49ers lost this game. The refs did not give it to the Seahawks, it was lost by our play. With that being said, I truly believe that the Refs in this league have gotten significantly worse throughout the season. There were numerous bad calls and they all went against us in this game. I know that is how the cookie crumbles, last week we were the beneficiaries of a few bad calls. However I do not understand how these Refs can continue to make mistake after mistake. I am not sure how we could resolve this, but I think making every play challengeable (including penalties) would be a good place to start.

Now I am sure a lot of you would state how that would extend the game, how everything would be challenged. I do not think that this would in face add any time to the games. You keep the same amount of challenges, so there would not be any more challenges allowed. When there is a personal foul called that you deem to be BS, throw the flag. They should be able to determine if the flag was justified. THere are so many personal fouls called because the hit was hard. How many times has whither been fined for his personal fouls? I believe the answer is 0, because they were all really hard clean hits.

Anyways, my point is that the refs should not have an impact on the game and the NFL needs to figure this out soon.

I hate replay in all sports except for football. My stance is that there are only 16 games as opposed to 162 or 82. A single call can sway the outcome and have a definite effect on not only a game, but a season. If they are going to have replay to get calls right they need to have it to get every call right all of the time. I dont know if that is even possible, but I think having am eye in the sky similar to how the NHL has guys in Toronto looking at every play of every game would be beneficial. The fact is that there are so many stupid rules regarding what is and isnt reviewable that it clutters up the whole process. Hell I didnt know the Bowman play wasnt reviewable.

If the NFL wants to get it right they need to do away with the challenge flag al together. Have someon in the stadium at every game and have them looking at reviews on all plays. If it is a close play and it needs to be reviewed again they can buzz down and stop play. If it extends the game by 20 minutes its fine by me. Each play means so much in a football game they need to get it right.

SoCalNiner wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
I know that because its the last play it gets the most attention, but if Sherman doesnt knock away the fans here would be sucking Kaep. Just so much fickleness regarding one single play. There was a lot to like and a lot to not like about Kaeps game.

I agree the Oline was borderline offensive with their inability to do what they do best. Run the ball. Numerous times that the down linemen blew up the runs.

If the o-line can get any sort of push, then there's a good chance we score a TD on that Russell Wilson turnover. Boone and Davis were also horribly manhandled on that Kap strip sack.

Last edited by SoCalNiner on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since I was locked out of thread v1...

clarkfn2284 wrote:

If the NFL wants to get it right they need to do away with the challenge flag al together. Have someon in the stadium at every game and have them looking at reviews on all plays. If it is a close play and it needs to be reviewed again they can buzz down and stop play. If it extends the game by 20 minutes its fine by me. Each play means so much in a football game they need to get it right.

I like it... with the exception that (deliberate exaggeration or not) a true review goes no longer than 2 minutes. Let's face it... in most cases, it takes US less than one or two quick replays to feel sure if a call is right or not... and that takes less than 30 seconds.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
since I was locked out of thread v1...

clarkfn2284 wrote:

I like it... with the exception that (deliberate exaggeration or not) a true review goes no longer than 2 minutes. Let's face it... in most cases, it takes US less than one or two quick replays to feel sure if a call is right or not... and that takes less than 30 seconds.

I agree. Most of these reviews dont need to be looked at more then twice or three times. Only reason I say it will add 20 minutes is because the NFL will sale advertising time during the review process making it longer then it needs to be.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle fans at their finest..SHDM Not talking

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

They're losing credibility as "best fans in the league". They're only proving that being loud doesn't equate to being smart, or classy. Like Sherman.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/20/49ers-fear-acl-and-mcl-damage-for-bowman/related/

Quote:
Per a league source, the team fears both an ACL and MCL injury. An MRI, which has not yet been conducted, will reveal the full extent of the damage.

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

They're losing credibility as "best fans in the league". They're only proving that being loud doesn't equate to being smart, or classy. Like Sherman.

this makes me want to cry...hope he comes back better than ever!
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 18s
#49ers WR @PattonBoy_11 will be training with @Kaepernick7 in Miami this offseason.

Uh oh, bad news for Patton Laughing .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN 2m
#49ers Tarell Brown finished the season with torn cartilage attached to his ribs & a fracture to his rib as well

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN 2m
#49ers Tarell Brown finished the season with torn cartilage attached to his ribs & a fracture to his rib as well

Um, ouch? Wow, major props to him for playing through that.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN 2m

Gotta get that paper in free agency!

It is amazing what the human body can endure for money.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

Props to him for sticking it out, but I keep thinking back to how much heart the defense showed in the RZ during the playoffs. They were in a few difficult situations and continued to battle. For Bowman to force that fumble and still hold on to the ball with his leg being obliterated was special.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the thing I always tell my buddy who is a huge SJ Sharks fan at the end of the playoffs you never know who is playing with what. He is always criticizing the performances of players and sometimes we just dont realize what these guys are working through

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 18s
#49ers WR @PattonBoy_11 will be training with @Kaepernick7 in Miami this offseason.

Uh oh, bad news for Patton Laughing .

idk. define training? lol. I would rather him Kaep in the film room not that he doesn't to that already but it couldn't hurt right?
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But when things looked most bleak, when the Super Bowl rested on its shoulders, the defense came through. The defense got the ball back to the offense with a chance to win. Twice. Even without the unit's best player.

It was such display of resilience, defensive coordinator Vic Fangio went to each player and told him he loved them.

"I kissed most of them. I don't think I've ever done that before," Fangio said, later adding, "They're a bunch of fighters we've got here. They're class guys. Great players. Great individuals. Great football character. It doesn't surprise me."

http://www.mercurynews.com/marcus-thompson/ci_24947366/thompson-49ers-unable-slay-seattle-demon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: