Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Garopollo's hands are fine. He throws a good ball also so I'm not too worried about it. If he has a good combine, he might not even be available when we draft in the 2nd.

PM sig requests.
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Yeah, Garopollo's hands are fine. He throws a good ball also so I'm not too worried about it. If he has a good combine, he might not even be available when we draft in the 2nd.

His long ball is really weak tho...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I dont see that at least compared with other guys. Strongest arm or really good deep ball passer, no. But not really weak. He didnt do it a ton in college because it wasnt needed but the power needed is there. Not to mention I really don't forsee this team trying to throw deep balls a whole lot. 30 yards is going to be max for us on any given Sunday and thats maybe only once or twice if any. He is money from 20 in.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

What is "really weak"? Like he can't throw it w/ velocity (and if so, what do you consider a "good deep ball"?) or he has no accuracy and is just bad at it?

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caraun Reid is another guy I am interested in. Seems like he could be a good pickup. High Motor but quick, powerful and smart as well.

More I look at this draft I am thinking we should just go ahead and solidify this defense. Offense is already pretty young, we do need a QB though(but I am fine if we wait and see what we have) and a OG can be found in FA. Wouldnt mind getting two of those big corner/saftey types in this draft. 3 DT's I like. Van Noy, Arretechu, etc.
smokey1212

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Donald had a great game dammit. There's no way he lasts til our pick in the second.

I would really like Garappolo, and I'm thinking he will be there when we pick in the second, but I'm kind of hoping we trade back and take him later in the second. He can then sit and learn while McGloin and McCown/Garrard/etc. battle it out to start.

EDIT: I just noticed that I would like McGloin, McCown, and McCarron. That way I can buy a jersey with a removable nameplate after the "Mc" part of the name.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

What is "really weak"? Like he can't throw it w/ velocity (and if so, what do you consider a "good deep ball"?) or he has no accuracy and is just bad at it?

Smells like an assumption. Deep ball looks fine to me. Not an elite arm, but strong enough to sling it downfield.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
TheAutumnWind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

+1

The kid has a sweet release... but even Mayock pointed out how his deep balls were consistently short (the receiver has to slow down to catch the ball) ...also during Senior bowl practice.. on a deep sidelinr route that was called to test his strength im guessing.. Not sure if any one else caught it.. The cameras shifted to a different picture and the commentators purposely chose not to talk about it... The ball fluttered. . Lost whatever 'spiral' it had and feel like a Lame duck... great qb within 20 yards. . Not so great when asked to throw beyond that.. think that's what Rolni's referring to by his long ball being weak.. he can zip it in short or intermediate throws but I personally don't think he has the arm to stretch the field in the nfl.. imo
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Just read some report about it and checked the Senior Bowl passing chart also seen I gametape where he made some lofty weak deep throws...
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Smells like an assumption. Deep ball looks fine to me. Not an elite arm, but strong enough to sling it downfield.

You can tell he has a strong arms by the way he throws across his body when he's on the move. He throws a hardest pass to throw with zip and accuracy.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, the media is comparing this draft to the 2011 QB class sans Cam. It's a weak class and it's anticipated that many QBs will be overdrafted like Ponder, Gabbert and Locker were in 2011 (So much for "desperately reaching because you have to have one" theory or the "all franchise QBs were drafted in the 1st theory", Keap 2nd, Wilson 3rd, Manning 1st, Brady 6th.How'd that work out?).

What I don't understand is that if this is a weak QB class and Carr by consensus was consistently the best prospect there . . . . what does that say about Garopollo (although he was considered 2nd best) and why are we still talking about him? Ultimately aren't we just debating who is the least stinkiest?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Finally, the media is comparing this draft to the 2011 QB class sans Cam. It's a weak class and it's anticipated that many QBs will be overdrafted like Ponder, Gabbert and Locker were in 2011 (So much for "desperately reaching because you have to have one" theory or the "all franchise QBs were drafted in the 1st theory", Keap 2nd, Wilson 3rd, Manning 1st, Brady 6th.How'd that work out?).

What I don't understand is that if this is a weak QB class and Carr by consensus was consistently the best prospect there . . . . what does that say about Garopollo (although he was considered 2nd best) and why are we still talking about him? Ultimately aren't we just debating who is the least stinkiest?

They are two different styles of passers. Some may prefer one to the other just as the teams. Personally I would rather have either in front of Bortles or Manziel. Also as you just said QB's can have success that are projected later than other QB's. So not sure I understand the complaint of discussing guys that are slotted 2nd/3rd round. If you are saying dont reach for a guy just because you want one, then yes I completely agree. But I like Garopollo and Carr a whole lot more than Ponder or Locker. Ponder was already as good as he was going to get and that was pretty clear. Locker was just extremely inaccurate. So for me dont reach but if he is your guy and higher on your board don't hesitate to take him because you are worried about draft projections of people outside.
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

Even in a bad draft for QB's, Kaep was found in round 2. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Even in a bad draft for QB's, Kaep was found in round 2. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

If it wasn't for his scrambling ability, people would seriously question Kaep's future as a starting QB by now. Admittedly, i haven't watch every 9ers game but in those i saw, his running is what made him worthy of being on the field.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

They are two different styles of passers. Some may prefer one to the other just as the teams. Personally I would rather have either in front of Bortles or Manziel. Also as you just said QB's can have success that are projected later than other QB's. So not sure I understand the complaint of discussing guys that are slotted 2nd/3rd round. If you are saying dont reach for a guy just because you want one, then yes I completely agree. But I like Garopollo and Carr a whole lot more than Ponder or Locker. Ponder was already as good as he was going to get and that was pretty clear. Locker was just extremely inaccurate. So for me dont reach but if he is your guy and higher on your board don't hesitate to take him because you are worried about draft projections of people outside.

Not you but some people here have Garopollo over Carr. But not that it matters as I don't see a franchise QB in this draft. The Raiders may be forced to draft one but I'm not floored by any of them. I'm frustrated by the Raiders snake-bitten luck. The Raiders have two glaring needs 43 DE and QB and have little chance at either. What an anomaly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: