Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IF the NFL is fixed...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badger75

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly, a past First Lady believed in astrology and ordered the SS to comply. How do we know? A former WH staffer she had fired said so.

Think she would be the only old gal to subscribe to such nonsense? What if you were a crack GM and found to your dismay that you are now well paid to make silly deals and say nothing. Wink

What if there were 120+ sports teams and about 50% aint really tryin?
KGB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the NFL would skew the NFL in favor of teams, because the NFL is most popular due to it's fantastic parity.

I wouldn't be surprised at all though if part time refs took payments to influence quarter lines or half time point spreads
powderblues

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally fixed bro.

Because the NFL paid Ken Whisenhunt to not allow Philip Rivers to pass until the 4th quarter and with a 17 point deficit. Because the NFL knew ahead of time the Patriots would play the Broncos in the AFCCG so they had Hernandez charged with murder. Because they had that Browns player take out Gronk and forced Robert Kraft to let Welker & Woodhead go.

Totes.
Emerica

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people still truly believe this?

I thought we were past that. I mean it is 2014. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Does good ol' Roger Goodell have anything to hide? Reply with quote

Easy answer. You bet the vault on it. Why else would they have posed heavier punishment towards the Pats on the spygate? In WWE Vince just has his guy lose his belt or go on a win streak when they do a obvious no no. Why else would Batista be back?

Sports entertainment. They're all scripted, only difference is the NBA and the NFL garner a much larger sum of monopoly money via weekly lines that they set in accordance. Rasslin just runs the brain through a more thorough bleach wash.

Watch your emotions during a game and the lines aren't as blurry. The NFL has is Heath Slater's and the 3MB. But I'm pretty sure you can still figure out the outcome of your team-s you follow, even if you tune out of the game for several weeks or a couple of seasons.

The NFL is sugar to most of you on here. Good thing no pipe and lighter are needed for this fix.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not fixed.

The biggest type of "fix" I could see happening is head ref is a fan of one team so makes a bad call against the other team. ONLY time I can think it would happen. Don't think players shave points or things like that.

Way too many people involved to fix games successfully without a SINGLE thing coming out about it. I remember someone posted on a blog at the beginning of the season that the Chargers were going to win the SB and he knew this because he was a former employee in the NFL and that Goodell thought he was so clever with the Eagles home opener thing. So of course it ended up being wrong, because it's not fixed.

If it was fixed, the Saints would've won in 06, not 09.

The Broncos won in 97/98 because they were the superior team to both the Packers and Falcons. Not because the NFL needed a new conference to win.

Emotion is a big part of the game however, using last years Ravens as an example. Some people may say it's fixed for him to go out with a swansong, but if it was fixed for some players to go out on a swansong, why Ray Lewis? A guy who already has a ring? Why not the very own Randy Moss on the other side of the field in that same game? Why not Tony Gonzalez this season (which actually ended very terribly for his team? Using another guy with a ring example, why not Brett Favre in 2010? Why not Dan Marino? Why not Kurt Warner in 09? Etc, etc, etc. The Ray Lewis situation was the exception, not the rule.

tl;dr Not fixed, too much proof of it not being fixed.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
ULEN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
Some people still truly believe this?

I thought we were past that. I mean it is 2014. Laughing

You should. That's why it's called TV Programming. But then again if you weren't already programmed, you would already know it's not truly the year 2014.

Smile & Peace.
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Not fixed.

Way too many people involved to fix games successfully without a SINGLE thing coming out about it.

/thread

seriously

end thread.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
Dus10 wrote:
I've said this for a couple years now.

The league and games are not fixed per say but they are almost certainly controlled.

Controlled in what manner? Are the players robots?

This whole idea is silly. It's not like these teams are randomly coming out of nowhere with interesting storylines. These storylines are built up over time and when people start thinking too hard they seem too good to be true. But to me it doesn't seem too crazy at all to believe that the two best teams in the NFL just happened to make the Super Bowl and one of the teams has the best QB in the league. That would seem logical regardless of "fixing".

Example:

4th & 13 team down by 6 has the ball. Questionable flag. New set of downs. Now, no - I don't think that this means the refs want the team down to win - but it's controlled in the sense that it gives the game a 2nd chance at a more compelling ending.

Players aren't in on it. Coaches aren't in on it. But it wasn't the fair call and the product benefits.

Understand?

What about all the times the 4th and 13 team down by six doesnt get the flag???

Let me guess: Well they cant do it every time.

There is literally no way to convince a conspiracy theorist how flimsy their argument is because no matter what logic you throw at them, they just say its "part of the conspiracy" meant to keep things looking legit.

CK on the sig
Badger75

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the NFL cared to rig games why have the Bills go to four consecutive SBs losing them all? Why not "have" them win and be done with it? Why no late Marino SB? No Dallas SB for fifteen years? The 1983 Raiders SB season was a hatefest between Davis and Roselle. He was hauling his fellow owners into federal court and usurped the LA market without league permission. Surely they could have found a way to stick it to him.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperBowl=best wrote:
They say that the 98 SB was fixed so that a new conference would finally win the SB after so much dominance by the senior circuit. Those 2 Denver victories seemed a little too Hollywood for me.

They also accused the Saints of being handed the game because of the Hollywood story of the Katrina city getting redemption.

Who knows, I'd rather not know. I'd be sick to my stomach if it were fixed.

We'll see what other crazy stories emerge during Super Bowl Fortnight...

Then why was Brett Favre not called for grounding by Ed Hercules on his first drive in SB 32? Ed called it "in the grasp", but it wasn't a sack, and he threw it out of bounds inside the tackle box. It it was in the grasp, it should have been third and 20, not third and eight or whatever it was.

Also, after the Broncos recovered a fumble, Elway threw an INT trying to go for broke near the end of the third quarter. Some people could say that he was doing that to keep the game close on purpose.

As for the Saint-Colt SB, there is a guy named Brian Tuohy who went on a Washington sports talk show and said something about a frown that Peyton allegedly had on his face before the game. Brian said that it was because that he was told to throw the game by the league.

He has a book called The Fix is In.
ULEN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
If the NFL cared to rig games why have the Bills go to four consecutive SBs losing them all? Why not "have" them win and be done with it? Why no late Marino SB? No Dallas SB for fifteen years? The 1983 Raiders SB season was a hatefest between Davis and Roselle. He was hauling his fellow owners into federal court and usurped the LA market without league permission. Surely they could have found a way to stick it to him.

Follow the $$$. Remember that everyone likes a fairytale (story line).
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ULEN wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

You're obviously just looking for a reaction by your ridiculous posts. Comparing it to WWE... you're obviously not serious. Just trying to get a rise out of people. No one can honestly believe the crap you suggest.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
ULEN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
ULEN wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

You're obviously just looking for a reaction by your ridiculous posts. Comparing it to WWE... you're obviously not serious. Just trying to get a rise out of people. No one can honestly believe the crap you suggest.

A faceless reaction? Sounds interesting. You be a sponge and be careful where you drink your water from.
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ULEN wrote:
A faceless reaction? Sounds interesting. You be a sponge and be careful where you drink your water from.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: