Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

chili mocks again...going west and double dipping!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.RodgersNeighborhood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for retaining Neal. I don't understand why so many have us parting ways with him.

We have struggled to find anything across from Clay and Neal has showed the capability to provide some depth and insurance. If Perry can stay healthy and progress, our OLB core can start to actually look pretty good. If Neal progresses and Perry progresses, we might start to have one of the better rotations in the league.

Pay him a little bit of cash. Keep a guy who knows the system, played out of position without a complaint and produced.

Sig by Justo
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of those mocks where I like the picks, but I'd pick different players, scratching the Landry pick. Landry's my #2 rated WR behind Marquise Lee.

I think the obsession with Skov is that he's not only a thumper but he's got great ball skills. He's proven he can force fumbles almost at will on occasion. I'm not a fan of the Breslin pick not so much because he's injury prone so much that he's an undersized DE. I don't think he can move to the 3-4. I like the idea of drafting Colvin and moving him to FS. He's got the 4.4 speed that our scouts look for out of that position and he's physical. However, his skills might nudge House out at CB if he can prove he can be a shut-down CB during TC.

The Navjar pick is a massive reach and we don't need a project at TE, we need a starter. Uko is useless in the running game as is Coleman. Lyn's banged up but probably worth the 6th given his size and speed and Wentworth is a blown pick seeings how we're set at OL.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Landry's my #2 rated WR.

This guy gets it.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
This is one of those mocks where I like the picks, but I'd pick different players, scratching the Landry pick. Landry's my #2 rated WR behind Marquise Lee.

I think the obsession with Skov is that he's not only a thumper but he's got great ball skills. He's proven he can force fumbles almost at will on occasion. I'm not a fan of the Breslin pick not so much because he's injury prone so much that he's an undersized DE. I don't think he can move to the 3-4. I like the idea of drafting Colvin and moving him to FS. He's got the 4.4 speed that our scouts look for out of that position and he's physical. However, his skills might nudge House out at CB if he can prove he can be a shut-down CB during TC.

The Navjar pick is a massive reach and we don't need a project at TE, we need a starter. Uko is useless in the running game as is Coleman. Lyn's banged up but probably worth the 6th given his size and speed and Wentworth is a blown pick seeings how we're set at OL.

Umm...Watkins is by far the best WR prospect.
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
I think TT would either trade down in the 1st or out of the 1st if he got a good offer. Why, because a guy like Calvin Pryor, safety out of Louisville, might and be available later. I to do not have an obsession with Skov who seems to be slotted in most mock drafts I've seen mid to late 2nd round. The trouble with retaining Raji is he has turned down an 8 million per year deal already - so either he doesn't want to play in Green Bay or he thinks he is worth more than he is i.e. JerMicheal Finley. Add to that the guy had 17 tackles this year and only insanity pays a guy 8 million per year for 17 tackles - any fat guy can give you that. Would you rather have Jarius Byrd or BJ Raji for 8 million, and Byrd probably gets lass than that.

I forgot he turned down the extension. Honestly you're probably right that he's not worth more, but I just don't think we're in a position to let him go. At the least franchise him so we can be more prepared for him to walk.

I do think he still has some good ball left in him if he's not looking for much more.

PackFan4Life wrote:

The biggest issue I have with Skov is going to be his timed speed. If he comes in under 4.65, I am fine with him in the 2nd. His instincts are tremendous. However, if he is running over 4.7, he is coming off the field on 3rd down at the next level and you have a 2 down player. You can get those later in the draft. That is my issue with taking Skov in the 2nd round.

I think that's really the point that I and a lot of people are at - how fast does he time and look in the drills (please don't start about how what you see in the tape is all that matters, I know, but some of us need to see the tools on display to really know)?

I watched a lot of his snaps against Oregon this year. If there's a team that'll expose slowness, it's the Ducks. There are 2 plays where he has to run a play headed to the sideline, I'm on the fence of what to think:

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_fRLYT-Yr8&t=9m35s
Does he make that play purely because of his savvy and angles? Or does he display enough wheels?

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_fRLYT-Yr8&t=70m7s He's the spy on Mariotta and Mariotta is able to turn the corner on him. Now is this a play you reasonable expect your ILB to make? Mariotta is fast, but is he fast enough to forgive Skov for not getting there.

Of course he's a beast in other parts of the game, causing a fumble in the redzone and constantly blowing up plays in the backfield with his timing.

NCPackFan wrote:

I have no disillusions why people love Skov - he's intense, tough, hits hard, and makes plays. To the casual observer, that what you want. I'll tell you, I want Skov in large part because I'm sick of him beating up on 'SC Crying or Very sad

We're going to have to disagree on whether Breslin can make the conversion or not until I see more. Would def like to see him run some drills.

I'm saying Colvin starts out at S. Not starts at CB then moves if he fails. But if he does indeed beat out House, hey that's great too!

You might be right on Najvar, that was just different for the sake of being different. He is a project, and one that seems worth it, but ya maybe need to add a veteran to go with Q until Najvar does develop.

I'm with you on Uko, not good in run support (pretty much said as much). But I slotted him in as another project pick. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him really put on a show at the combine/pro day. With his athleticism I think he can pack on mass to hold the point better and still be able to provide some pass rush. (I originally was going to say he'd test similarly to Tuitt...then I looked up how big Tuitt actually is...holy cow that's a monster of a man!)

Stone65 with the sig!
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.RodgersNeighborhood wrote:
Thank you for retaining Neal. I don't understand why so many have us parting ways with him.

We have struggled to find anything across from Clay and Neal has showed the capability to provide some depth and insurance. If Perry can stay healthy and progress, our OLB core can start to actually look pretty good. If Neal progresses and Perry progresses, we might start to have one of the better rotations in the league.

Pay him a little bit of cash. Keep a guy who knows the system, played out of position without a complaint and produced.

It's more likely than not that Neal would want to go back to a 4-3 to play LE/UT where he profiles much better than as a LOLB.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: chili mocks again...going west and double dipping! Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:
Less than ideal athleticism…extraordinary instincts…I’ll take that trade!

And I'll pass! =/

Lorde <33333333
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Mr.RodgersNeighborhood wrote:

It's more likely than not that Neal would want to go back to a 4-3 to play LE/UT where he profiles much better than as a LOLB.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/mike-neal-would-prefer-to-stay-in-green-bay-b99181658z1-239842931.html
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:

I'm saying Colvin starts out at S. Not starts at CB then moves if he fails. But if he does indeed beat out House, hey that's great too!

I think you might've misunderstood what I posted. I think he's better off at CB but has the ability to play Safety. I don't think he'd be moved to Safety because he failed at CB.
AJHawkTheFuture

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately for Colvin he tore his ACL Tuesday during practice at the Senior Bowl.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/425764261093466112

Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery, but if there is still interest, he might be had a few picks later than expected.

packerbacker87 with the belt sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: